Thoppil Joppan vs Pulimurugan: a justified comparison?
Everyone knows, two synonyms of Malayalam Cinema, Mohanlal and Mammootty are clashing at Kerala boxoffice this Pooja release. Both movies, Thoppil Joppan and Pulimurugan, are getting positive reports after the fans shows. Fans are going berserk in social media each other to tarnish films of each other. Is this comparison of two films are fair?
1. Different genres
It is nearly impossible to create two artworks with similar quality or appeal. It is impossible when two films falls in different genres. Pulimurugan falls into the genre of action thriller, while Thoppil Joppan is a comedy drama. Both these films have different flavours, so comparison makes no results.
2. Different Budgets
Pulimurugan is a big budget movie which used VFX technology and overseas stunt director to make a high quality work. It is believed that the budget of Pulimurugan is 25 crores. On the other hand the story of Thoppil Joppan never demands such enhancement in the movie. It was made with a budget close to 5 crores. So people cant expect same action scenes in Thoppil Joppan. They should have a mind set of watching comedy entertainer before Thoppil Joppan.
3. Past characters
This wont work always. Nowadays even remakes fail miserably in boxoffice, how can fans to expect similar kind of magic after a long time. Both Mammootty and Mohanlal done similar kinds of roles in their past. Mammootty played 'achayan' roles in Kottayam kunjachan, Kizhakkan pathrose etc. Kottayam Kunjachan became a huge success when it released and everyone loved his character. Fans are expecting same magic after 26 years, it may not work always. Similarly Mohanlal played similar kind of role in Naran as Mullankolli velayudhan. When it comes to story, Naran wins the race over Pulimurugan.
4. Different Directors
Each directors has their own way to interpret the stories into big screen. Johny Antony has done movies like CID Moosa, Thuruppugulan, Thappana. He had mixed success-failure rate in boxoffice. Same is the case with Vysakh. The fans who are tarning the images of artists may support these technicians in future when they do their superstar's movie.
5. Super stardom
Super stardom does not reap success in box office always. Malayalam audiences already proven it many times. If the movie is not good enough to entertain, people reject it straight away. Unwanted hype and false movie promotions may attract some audiences initially . But WOM still holds the key for success of a movie at box office.
Boxoffice: Pulimurugan Collection Report
6 Confused movie lovers
Most of the online promoters are getting reasonable amount of money for writing good reviews for not so good movies. Also for good movies they are not giving enough exposure, since they are not getting enough payment. If you think, many recent hit movies do not have the qualities of many flops in 80s or 90s. Most of the neutral movie lovers are confused because of mixed report they get from online. Take the example of Guppy, people were sceptical to take the frequent requests made by artists to watch the movie. Result, a good movie did not fared well at boxoffice.
Both Pulimurugan and Thoppil Joppan are seperate works done by skillful artists. The destiny of movie will be decided by common people. Better fans give appreciation to good works rather than demoting each others work. May be a negative response is enough for destroying the effort put by hundreds of people behind each cinema. Let the people to watch it in theatre to decide the destiny of movies rather than tarnishing the images of great artists
Boxoffice: Thoppil Joppan Collection Report
For Updates like us
More from blogs
- Madhura Raja vs. Lucifer: Opening day collection comparison
- Highest grossing South Indian movies at UAE - GCC Box Office
- Highest grossing Malayalam movies at Karnataka Box Office
- Odiyan vs. Lucifer: Opening day collection comparison
- Most anticipated Malayalam movies of 2019
- Malayalam Movies 2018: Major disappointments
- Highest grossing Malayalam films at Trivandrum Multiplexes
- Highest grossing Malayalam movies at US Box office 2018
- Year End Review - Best Malayalam Movies of 2018
More from boxoffice
- Trance box office collection report
- Anjaam Pathiraa Box office Collection Report
- Varane Avashyamund Box office Collection Report
- Ayyappanum Koshiyum Box office Collection Report
- Shylock box office collection report
- Big brother Box office report
- Prathi Poovankozhi Box Office Collection Report
- Valiyaperunnal Box Office Collection Report
- Driving Licence Box Office Collection Report
More from News
- Urvashi pairs up with Dileep in Kesu Ee Veedinte Nadhan
- Joju to team up with Ahammed Khabeer again after June
- Lal to pen script for Lal Jr’s next movie
- Nikhila Vimal added to the cast of Mammootty’s next
- Anu Sithara to pair up with Jayasurya again in Aposthalan
- Here’s the title of Kunchacko Boban - John Paul movie
- Tovino Thomas’s big budget superhero movie starts rolling
- Mammootty to play a priest in his next movie?
- Popular cinematographer Ramachandra Babu passes away