Real life stories made as Malayalam movies
1. Ennu Ninte Moideen
Ennu Ninte Moideen is a 2015 release Malayalam movie starring Prithviraj Sukumaran and Parvathy in lead roles. The movie is based on true love story of characters Moideen and Kanchanamala. The real life Kanchanamala had selected Prithviraj for doing the role of Moideen as she felt that Prithviraj look like her love Moideen. The film is directed by R.S Vimal.
2. Neelakasham Pachakadal Chuvanna Bhoomi
Neelakasham Pachakadal Chuvanna Bhoomi is based on real life story, but it’s not known to much people. The movie was presented in a realistic way as it was based on the real life incidents of the scriptwriter, Hashir Mohamed. Every sequence and people in the movie was realistic and what was seen by him in his life. The movie is the experience of Hashir and he just had to jot down from his memory. Dulquer Salman, Sunny Wayne, Bala Hijam, Joy Mathew, Ena Saha etc acted lead roles in the movie.
3. Venal Odungathae
Venal Odungathe is a Malayalam movie directed by Sanjeev Sivan. The movie is a true story of an old couple fighting for their dead son's semen. The couple from Ernakulam wanted to use the semen to have a surrogate child, to replace their dead son. Salim Kumar, Seema Biswas and Bhagath played the lead roles in the film. Sanjeev was touched by the story of the couple and decided to make it a film.
Devauram, an ever classic hit movie of Malayalam, directed by I V Sasi was written by Renjith. The lead character Mangalassery Neelakantan, done by Mohanlal, was inspired from a real life person Mullasserry Rajagopal, who died in 2002. The film was one of the highest grossing Malayalam films of the 1990’s. Mullasserry Rajagopal was a music lover.
5. Alice: A True Story
Anil Das's film Alice: A True Story was a real life story about a girl who is in search of her identity. Priyamani played the lead role in the film. The movie is a psychological thriller and the story was inspired by an incident that his friend encountered.
6. Escape from Uganda
Not many know that Escape from Uganda is based on a true story. The incident was faced by one of the director’s friends who got stuck in Africa. Rajesh Nair is the director of the film starring Rima Kallingal, Vijay Babu and Mukesh in lead roles.
Celluloid is a biography of the first film maker of Malayalam J. C. Daniel, also known as father of Malayalam cinema. Prithviraj Sukumaran and Mamta Mohandas played the lead role in the movie of J C Daniel and his wife. The movie directed by Kamal narrated the life of J C Daniel and the struggle he took to make his first movie and the issues related to it.
8. Ivan Megharoopan
Ivan Megharoopan was a Malayalam movie based on biography of Malayalam poet P. Kunjiraman Nair. Prakash Bare, who is the producer of the movie, did the role of K P Madhavan Nair (P. Kunjiraman Nair). Ivan Megharoopan is P. Balachandran's debut film as a director and Padmapriya, Shwetha Menon, Remy Nambeesan, Anumol, Jagathy Sreekumar etc also played important characters in the film.
Traffic, directed by Rajesh Pillai, was written by Bobby and Sanjay. The movie was made of an inspiration from a true incident that occurred in Chennai. A similar mission was successfully carried out by the Tamil Nadu police in a more complex Chennai city. Traffic was a first multi narrated Malayalam movie that said the story of four persons who were connected. Sreenivasan, Rahman, Kunchakko Bobban, Asif Ali, Anoop Menon, Vineeth Sreenivasan, Remya Nambeesan etc played the lead roles.
Padheyam was directed by Bharathan and written by Lohithadas. Most of the characters of Lohithadas are from real life, characters he met once, or heard of. Padheyam was said to be his own story. He once met a girl and he asked her about her whereabouts. And it turned out that the girl was the daughter of Lohi's old time fiancée (but not his). He later converted that into the movie Padheyam. Mammootty, Chippy, Lalu Alex, Nedumudi Venu, Bharath Gopi and Sasikala played lead roles in the film.
Yugapurashan is the real life story of Sri Narayana Guru. The story revolves around the life and teachings and various events in his life. The movie is directed by R. Sukumaran and the movie was an ambition of the director from childhood. Thalaivasal Vijay played the role of Sree Narayana Guru and prominent actors like Mammootty, Siddique, Babu Antony, Devan and Navya Nair played lead roles in the film.
For Updates like us
More from blogs
- Madhura Raja vs. Lucifer: Opening day collection comparison
- Highest grossing South Indian movies at UAE - GCC Box Office
- Highest grossing Malayalam movies at Karnataka Box Office
- Odiyan vs. Lucifer: Opening day collection comparison
- Most anticipated Malayalam movies of 2019
- Malayalam Movies 2018: Major disappointments
- Highest grossing Malayalam films at Trivandrum Multiplexes
- Highest grossing Malayalam movies at US Box office 2018
- Year End Review - Best Malayalam Movies of 2018
More from boxoffice
- Trance box office collection report
- Anjaam Pathiraa Box office Collection Report
- Varane Avashyamund Box office Collection Report
- Ayyappanum Koshiyum Box office Collection Report
- Shylock box office collection report
- Big brother Box office report
- Prathi Poovankozhi Box Office Collection Report
- Valiyaperunnal Box Office Collection Report
- Driving Licence Box Office Collection Report
More from News
- Urvashi pairs up with Dileep in Kesu Ee Veedinte Nadhan
- Joju to team up with Ahammed Khabeer again after June
- Lal to pen script for Lal Jr’s next movie
- Nikhila Vimal added to the cast of Mammootty’s next
- Anu Sithara to pair up with Jayasurya again in Aposthalan
- Here’s the title of Kunchacko Boban - John Paul movie
- Tovino Thomas’s big budget superhero movie starts rolling
- Mammootty to play a priest in his next movie?
- Popular cinematographer Ramachandra Babu passes away