Pulimurugan Boxoffice Records
Mohanlal’s Pulimurugan directed by Vysakh is creating a hurricane at the Kerala box office and it had trashed most of the box office records. Here we list the records broken by Pulimurugan at Kerala and Cochin box offices.
1. Highest Number of Screens in Kerala for a Malayalam Movie
Pulimurugan was released on about 214 screens in Kerala including fans show and special shows and this is the biggest release in the Malayalam film industry so far. Earlier Mohanlal – Renjith team’s Loham, which was released in 140 screens in Kerala, held this record.
2. Highest First Day Grosser for a Malayalam film In Kerala
Pulimurugan had a marvellous opening at the box office and collected 4.08 Crores from the Kerala box office and broken the record created by Dulquer Salmaan’s Kali, which had a releasing day collection of 2.33 Crores. Thus, Pulimurugan became the first Malayalam movie to cross the four Crore mark on its opening day.
3. Highest Single Day Collection Record at the Kerala Box Office
Pulimurugan earned a whopping collection of 4.83 Crores on its third day after release and created a new record. This was the highest collection earned by a movie in a single day at the Kerala box office. Earlier Superstar Rajinikanth’s Kabali held this record with a collection of 4.27 Crores on its opening day. Later Pulimurugan crossed the lifetime collection of Kabali at the Kerala box office too.
4. Fastest 10 Crore Movie
Within three days of run, Pulimurugan has broken the fastest Malayalam movie to collect 10Crores and surpassed Oppam’s record. Oppam took 6 days to cross the 10 Crores mark. As per the reports, the Pulimurugan had collected 12.92 Crores from its 3 days run in Kerala alone and rest of India collection is not included with this. It is also the faster 5 Crores Malayalam movie in Kerala Boxoffice as well.
5. Fastest 20 Crore Movie
The box office collection of Mohanlal’s Pulimurugan is increasing day-by-day and has already collected more than 20 Crores from the Kerala box office within five days of its theatrical release. Thus, Pulimurugan breaks Oppam’s record and became the fastest to cross the 20 Crore mark. Mohanlal’s recent release Oppam had collected 20 Crores in 11 days.
6. Fastest 30 Crore Movie
Pulimurugan has crossed 30 crores mark within 10 days in Kerala box office and became the fastest to do so. Previous record was held by Mohanlal starrer Oppam. It is quite astonishing that the movie has raked more than 3 crores average on each day.
7. Fastest 40 Crore Movie
On the 14th day the movie crossed the land mark of 40 crores from Kerala box office only with a share of 18.67 crores. It has broken the drishyam record in the share, which had a share of 17 crores.
8. Surpassed Kali Record in Ernakulam Multiplexes
One another record set by Pulimurugan is in Ernakulam multiplexes by thrashing the record set by Dulquer Salmaan’s Charlie. Pulimurugan had collected 57 lakhs from Eranakulam multiplexes while Charlie had earned only 54 lakhs from its first 4 days run. The occupancy level of Pulimurugan at Ernakulam multiplexes in its first 4 days was around 99%.
9. Fastest 1 Crore & 2 Crores gross at Cochin Multiplexes
On the 8th day after its release, the movie has crossed 1 Crore mark in Cochin Multiplexes from 322 shows. 68,882 viewers has viewed the movies with an occupancy of 97.5%. It has beaten the record set by another Mohanlal movie Oppam. Eventhough Harthal affected the collection on 8th day, the business of the movie is steady.
10. Fastest Malayalam movie to have 50,000 viewers at Cochin Multiplexes !!
At Cochin Multiplexes, the movie crossed 50,000 viewers on the 6th day.
11. Fastest Malayalam movie to cross 10,000 shows
It has completed 10,000 shows globally on the 14th day after the release, which is a fastest record for a Malayalam movie.
12 Highest share for a Malayalam movie
Pulimurugan has broken the record of Drishyam for the highest share in Kerala box office. It has now got a share of 18.76 crores in just 14 days, while Drishyam got 17+Crores from it lifetime run only. It became 1st 20cr+ budget malayalam movie to cover production cost from Kerala theatre run. Kerala share crossed 25 cr in 25 days.
13 Fastest 2 Crore movie in Kochi Multiplex
On 16th day the movie crossed 2 Crores in Kochi multiplexes thus became the fastest to do so. Jungle Book was the fastest before, it crossed 2 crores in 19 days. Among the Malayalam films Jacobinte Swargarajyam was holding the record, which took 23 days to cross this landmark there.
14 Highest grosser at Kerala box office
It was believed that the record set by Drishyam as the highest grosser in Kerala box office is unbreakable in near future. Well, now it is the history. Pulimurugan has grossed 45+ Crores in Kerala box office in just 16 days!!
15. First 50 Crore movies at Kerala Box office
Records are getting broken at Kerala box office after the release of this Vysakh movie. It became the first movie to collect 50 Crores from Kerala box office in just 25 days.
16 Highest grosser at Cochin Multiplexes
The movie has bacame the highest Malayalam grosser at Kochi multiplexes by collecting 3.11 Crores in just 30 days. It became the first Malayalam movie to do so in Kochi.
17. More than 2 Lakh viewers at Cochin Multiplexes
More than 2 lakh viewers has watched the movie at Cochin Multiplexes only. 2,00,220 tickets has been sold out in just 30 days in the multiplexes at Cochin.
18 Biggest release for an Indian film at GCC region
Pulimurugan made a grand opening at GCC region on November 03, 2016. People have enjoyed this action thriller at 630 screens on its opening day. Thus beating the records of Kabali (425 shows) and Salman Khan's Sultan (225 shows).
19. Highest grossing south Indian movie at Newzealand
Pulimurugan became the highest grosser among the south Indian films released in Newzealand. According to the distributer, the movie has beaten the collection records set by big budget Tamil movies Theri and I.
20. First Malayalam movie to be released in Poland.
It became the first Malayalam movie to be released in Poland. It was release on November 05, 2016 at Warsaw, the capital of Poland.
21. First movie to collection 3 crore from Thiruvananthapuram city
Pulimurugan has became the first movie to collect 3 crore from Trivandrum city. It was reported that the movie got 3.48 Crore in 21 days at the capital city of Kerala. Rajamanikyam was the first movie to collect 1 crores and Drishyam was the first 2 crore movie at Trivandrum
For Updates like us
More from blogs
- Madhura Raja vs. Lucifer: Opening day collection comparison
- Highest grossing South Indian movies at UAE - GCC Box Office
- Highest grossing Malayalam movies at Karnataka Box Office
- Odiyan vs. Lucifer: Opening day collection comparison
- Most anticipated Malayalam movies of 2019
- Malayalam Movies 2018: Major disappointments
- Highest grossing Malayalam films at Trivandrum Multiplexes
- Highest grossing Malayalam movies at US Box office 2018
- Year End Review - Best Malayalam Movies of 2018
More from boxoffice
- Prathi Poovankozhi Box Office Collection Report
- Valiyaperunnal Box Office Collection Report
- Driving Licence Box Office Collection Report
- Mamangam Kerala Box Office Collection - Area wise breakup
- Mamangam Box Office World wide Collection Report
- Moothon Box Office Collection Report
- Helen Box Office Collection Report
- Jack & Daniel Box Office Collection Report
- Android Kunjappan Version 5.25 Box Office Collection Report
More from News
- Urvashi pairs up with Dileep in Kesu Ee Veedinte Nadhan
- Joju to team up with Ahammed Khabeer again after June
- Lal to pen script for Lal Jr’s next movie
- Nikhila Vimal added to the cast of Mammootty’s next
- Anu Sithara to pair up with Jayasurya again in Aposthalan
- Here’s the title of Kunchacko Boban - John Paul movie
- Tovino Thomas’s big budget superhero movie starts rolling
- Mammootty to play a priest in his next movie?
- Popular cinematographer Ramachandra Babu passes away