Malayalam Movies 2018: Major disappointments
2018 was a year in which many much hyped movies couldn’t live up to the expectations and collapsed badly at the box office. However, movies like Odiyan, could collect some money even though the movie was not up to mark. Let’s take a look at the list of movies that disappointed us in one way or another.
Mohanlal’s big budget drama Odiyan, written by National Award winning writer Harikrishnan and directed by VA Shrikumar Menon, was more disappointing than bad as the expectations were sky-high. The underwhelming story was the major drawback of the movie. It is sad that Mohanlal’s physical efforts for the movie gone wasted. Even though its box-office performance is more than satisfactory, we should accept the fact that the movie was an average one.
Mandharam, directed by debutant Vijesh Vijay, was one of the biggest movie ever in the career of Asif Ali. It was released with huge expectations as the trailer and songs released before was interesting. The actor sported 5 different looks for the film, but the efforts he put on it gone wasted badly and Mandharam, unfortunately, ended up as another boring movie.
We have seen many movies, which tells the story of fans, before and most of them were below average flicks. However, the expectations over this one were pretty high, as the movie had Manju Warrier, one of the most talented actresses in the town playing the lead role in it. Unfortunately, Mohanlal was a big letdown and can easily be considered as one of the trashiest movies ever made in Malayalam.
4. Daivame Kaithozham K. Kumarakanam
Daivame Kaithozham K. Kumarakanam is the first commercial movie directed by actor turned filmmaker Salim Kumar, who has earlier directed much appreciated movies like Compartment and Karutha Joothan. But the Jayaram starrer was a disappointment. There are some nice comedy scenes that will tickle our funny bones for sure, but they are not enough to make the audience sit through the entire so-called satirical fantasy movie.
Ranjith is often referred to as one of the finest scriptwriters ever witnessed by the Malayalam film industry. But, his movies are not up to the mark these day. However, everyone had much expectations over this one as it has Mohanlal playing the lead role. But Ranjith failed miserably once again to make a movie worthy of people making it and Drama, unfortunately, bombed big-time at the box office.
6. Thattumpurathu Achuthan
Lal Jose, Kunchacko Boban and Sindhuraj are teaming up again for a movie, after Pullipulikalum Aattinkuttiyum and Elsamma Enna Aankutty, sounded well, even though Lal Jose is a struggling director these days, right? But, unfortunately, most of the audiences didn’t even get that Thattumpurathu Achuthan is a devotional album or a movie.
For Updates like us
More from blogs
- Madhura Raja vs. Lucifer: Opening day collection comparison
- Highest grossing South Indian movies at UAE - GCC Box Office
- Highest grossing Malayalam movies at Karnataka Box Office
- Odiyan vs. Lucifer: Opening day collection comparison
- Most anticipated Malayalam movies of 2019
- Highest grossing Malayalam films at Trivandrum Multiplexes
- Highest grossing Malayalam movies at US Box office 2018
- Year End Review - Best Malayalam Movies of 2018
- Actors with most 30 Crore movies at Kerala Box Office
More from boxoffice
- Jack & Daniel Box Office Collection Report
- Android Kunjappan Version 5.25 Box Office Collection Report
- Adhyarathri Box Office Collection Report
- Bigil Kerala Box Office Collection
- Jallikattu Box Office Collection - Lijo Jose Pellissery
- Manoharam Box Office Collection - Vineeth Sreenivasan
- Ganagandharvan Box Office Collection - Mammootty
- Kaappaan Box Office Collection
- Brother’s Day Box Office Collection
More from News
- Kunchacko Boban – Jis Joy movie gets a lengthy title
- Official: Vineeth Sreenivasan’s next is with Pranav Mohanlal
- Arjun Das replaces Antony Varghese on Thalapathy 64
- IFFI 2019: Lijo Jose bags best director award again
- Manju Warrier to share screen space with Mammootty
- Antony Varghese’s next is a campus movie
- Nivin Pauly to team up with Rosshan Andrrews again
- Biju Menon and Domin D’Silva to team up for Maatti
- Dileep - Raffi team’s next gets an international title