Malayalam Movies 2018: Major disappointments
2018 was a year in which many much hyped movies couldn’t live up to the expectations and collapsed badly at the box office. However, movies like Odiyan, could collect some money even though the movie was not up to mark. Let’s take a look at the list of movies that disappointed us in one way or another.
Mohanlal’s big budget drama Odiyan, written by National Award winning writer Harikrishnan and directed by VA Shrikumar Menon, was more disappointing than bad as the expectations were sky-high. The underwhelming story was the major drawback of the movie. It is sad that Mohanlal’s physical efforts for the movie gone wasted. Even though its box-office performance is more than satisfactory, we should accept the fact that the movie was an average one.
Mandharam, directed by debutant Vijesh Vijay, was one of the biggest movie ever in the career of Asif Ali. It was released with huge expectations as the trailer and songs released before was interesting. The actor sported 5 different looks for the film, but the efforts he put on it gone wasted badly and Mandharam, unfortunately, ended up as another boring movie.
We have seen many movies, which tells the story of fans, before and most of them were below average flicks. However, the expectations over this one were pretty high, as the movie had Manju Warrier, one of the most talented actresses in the town playing the lead role in it. Unfortunately, Mohanlal was a big letdown and can easily be considered as one of the trashiest movies ever made in Malayalam.
4. Daivame Kaithozham K. Kumarakanam
Daivame Kaithozham K. Kumarakanam is the first commercial movie directed by actor turned filmmaker Salim Kumar, who has earlier directed much appreciated movies like Compartment and Karutha Joothan. But the Jayaram starrer was a disappointment. There are some nice comedy scenes that will tickle our funny bones for sure, but they are not enough to make the audience sit through the entire so-called satirical fantasy movie.
Ranjith is often referred to as one of the finest scriptwriters ever witnessed by the Malayalam film industry. But, his movies are not up to the mark these day. However, everyone had much expectations over this one as it has Mohanlal playing the lead role. But Ranjith failed miserably once again to make a movie worthy of people making it and Drama, unfortunately, bombed big-time at the box office.
6. Thattumpurathu Achuthan
Lal Jose, Kunchacko Boban and Sindhuraj are teaming up again for a movie, after Pullipulikalum Aattinkuttiyum and Elsamma Enna Aankutty, sounded well, even though Lal Jose is a struggling director these days, right? But, unfortunately, most of the audiences didn’t even get that Thattumpurathu Achuthan is a devotional album or a movie.
For Updates like us
More from blogs
- Highest grossing Malayalam films at Trivandrum Multiplexes
- Highest grossing Malayalam movies at US Box office 2018
- Year End Review - Best Malayalam Movies of 2018
- Actors with most 30 Crore movies at Kerala Box Office
- Christmas Movies 2018: Who is the real winner?
- Top 7 Malayalam movies with highest fans show count
- 5 reasons why Odiyan might set a new benchmark in Mollywood
- Malayalam Onam movies 2018 - Here’s what to expect
- Highest grossing Malayalam movies 2018 - UAE - GCC
More from boxoffice
- Kodathi Samaksham Balan Vakeel Box Office Collection
- Oru Adaar Love Box Office Collection
- Lonappante Mammodisa Box Office Collection
- 9 Box Office Collection
- Kumbalangi Nights Box Office Collection
- Allu Ramendran Box Office Collection
- Peranbu Box Office Collection
- Irupathiyonnaam Noottaandu Box Office Collection
- Neeyum Njanum Box Office
More from News
- Lucifer to be released in over 1500 theatres worldwide
- Fahadh Faasil plays a pastor in Anwar Rasheed’s Trance
- Bhadran is all set to make a comeback with a Soubin starrer
- Rajisha Vijayan to pair up with Niranj for a sports drama
- Dileep – Anu Sithara team’s ShubhaRathri goes on floors
- Anwar Rasheed turns producer again with Valiya Perunnal
- Kannan Thamarakkulam to team up with Jayaram again
- Prithviraj – Shajon team’s Brother’s Day goes on floors
- Tovino Thomas to direct Sreenivasan in his next movie!