Famous Shooting Locations for Malayalam Movies
1. Padmanabhapuram Palace
Padmanabhapuram Palace,located at Kanyakumari,Tamil Nadu but administered by Government of Kerala,is a main location for many movies like Manichitra thazhu,His Highness Abdulla and many more.
The Venice of East is not only famous for its coir production but also for its alluring beauty.Many films are shot here including Tamil and Hindi. Films like Amen,Venicile Vyapari,Puthiya Theerangal,Bhagyadevatha, Tashan (hindi),Vinaythangi Varavaya ( tamil),For the People etc were shot at Alappuzha.
3. Bekal Fort
Many super hit songs are shot at Bekal Fort, which is shot at Kasaragod. The famous song 'Uyire Uyire' from the film Bombay was shot here.It has been the location for many Malayalam films like Amritham.
4. Hill Palace
Hill Palace is a seen many films like Manichitra thazhu, Manathe kottaram. Hill Palace also known as Thripunithara Palace,which is now a museum, is located in Eranakulam,Kerala.
The Panoramic view of this beautiful place will make feel rejuvinated and delightful. Vagamon located at Kottayam-Idukki border in Kerala is a commonplace for many movies. The latest film 'Iyobinte Pusthakam' was completely shot here.
Pollachi is famous place, with lots of markets,in Tamil Nadu. Pollachi is also a most seen place in Malayalam films.The recent film 'Ivan Maryadharaman' was shot completely at Pollachi.Scenes of movies Bombay annd Roja were also shot here.
Bolgatty is an island in Kochi.The Bolgatty Palace,constructed by the Dutch, is a very popular tourist place in Kerala.The palace is seen in many films like 'Yes Boss',Nirakoottu etc.
8. Mercara (Madikeri)
Mercara, also known as Madikeri,is the headquarters of Coorg in Karnataka. Mercara is a location space for many films.The battle scene from Kerala Varma Pazhassiraja is shot here. The Telugu version of Drishyam is also shot at Medikeri and some scenes of 'She Taxi' is also shot here.
Thalassery on the Malabar Coast in Kannur is meant to be a lucky place for Malayalam actor Nivin Pauly. His first movie Malarvadi Arts Club,Thattathin Marayathu, and the latest release Oru Vadakkan Selfie.
10. Varikkaserry Mana
Varikkaserry Mana,Situated near Ottapalam in Palakkad, is common shooting location for many films in Malayalam. The ancient 'Ettuketttu' model house is seen in many films like Devasuram, Aramthampura, Drona, Madambi, Rapakal,Thoovalkottaram,Simhasanam.
Thodupuzha, in Idukki district Kerala,is rich with lot of scenic beauty. This place has been a location for Mohanlal's Malayalam movies like Rasathanthram, Drishyam and others.
Athirappally waterfalls, situated in Chalakudy Kerala, is known for its scenic beauty. Many films have been shot shot here including Bollywood and others. This place is seen in most of the Maniratnam films like Dil Se..,Kannathil Muthamittal,Iruvar,Guru,Raavanan. It has been a location for many song sequences also.
13. Olappamanna Mana
Olappamanna is the birth place of famous poet of Kerala Olappamanna(Olappamanna manakkal Subramanian Namboothirippad). The house is in Vellinezhi in Palakkad district. Many hit movies like Aaramthamburan(Manju Warrier's house), Narasimham, Aakashaganga, Elavamkodu Desam, Naran, Drona, Madambi, Autograph(Tamil) etc were made in this place. Recently Ennu Ninte Moideen was shot in this famous house as house of Moideen.
14. Fernhills Palace - Ooty
Fernhills Palace is a famous location spot for many films. The palace is located in the hill station Ooty. The palace was buit as a private residence at first. It is nestled in the Nilgiri Hills, which has all sceneic beauties. This was shown in the films like Mr. Marumakan, Minnaram, In Ghost House Inn, Thalavattam and Ulladakkam etc. The palace is also seen in some Bollywood and other languages movies. The palace is also used a a hotel for both stay and restaurant.
15. Green Valley View - Ooty
It is one of the coolest shooting location for many Malayalam films. Excellent climate and panoramic beauty force the directors to select this place as the their favourite for many films. Malayalam films like Kuiline Thedi, Kilukkam were shot at his beautiful locations. From this place Mettupalayam is clearly visible.
16. Anangan Hills
Anangan Hills is located 10 Kms from Ottapalam, along Cheruppulassery Road. Anangan hills is part of many Malayalam movies like Arayannangalude Veedu, Veendum Chila Veettukaryangal, Vadakkum Nathan, Aaram Thamburan and Tamil movies like Muthu, Saami. Anangamala Eco tourism project had taken up the area in the year 2010. The beautiful and pleasant area has tribals on the other side of the hill.
Check out: Lesser Known facts about Superstar Mohanlal
For Updates like us
More from blogs
- Madhura Raja vs. Lucifer: Opening day collection comparison
- Highest grossing South Indian movies at UAE - GCC Box Office
- Highest grossing Malayalam movies at Karnataka Box Office
- Odiyan vs. Lucifer: Opening day collection comparison
- Most anticipated Malayalam movies of 2019
- Malayalam Movies 2018: Major disappointments
- Highest grossing Malayalam films at Trivandrum Multiplexes
- Highest grossing Malayalam movies at US Box office 2018
- Year End Review - Best Malayalam Movies of 2018
More from boxoffice
- Jallikattu Box Office Collection - Lijo Jose Pellissery
- Manoharam Box Office Collection - Vineeth Sreenivasan
- Ganagandharvan Box Office Collection - Mammootty
- Kaappaan Box Office Collection
- Brother’s Day Box Office Collection
- Ittymaani Made in China Box Office Collection
- Love Action Drama Box Office Collection
- Porinju Mariam Jose Box Office Collection
- Thanneer Mathan Dinangal Box Office Collection
More from News
- Durga Krishna to share screen space with Mohanlal
- Prithviraj announces his next with Lal Jose
- Mammootty’s epic Mamangam gets a new release date?
- Aashiq Abu’s next movie after Virus goes on floors
- Sunny Wayne, Manju Warrier to team up for a horror thriller
- Shaji Pappan is all set to make a come back; here is the release date
- Bigil actress to share screen space with Tovino Thomas
- Adi Kapyare Kootamani team is all set to make a comeback
- Nimisha Sajayan replaces Samyuktha Menon in One