9 Malayalam movies shot at famous religious places
Many Malayalam movies shot at different religious places due to importance of religion in our culture. Our film artists often take inspiration from epics or historical events to make movies. Here topmovierankings.com lists some of the movies shot at religious locations.
Sree Guruvayoorappan is a film directed by S. Ramanathan. The film released in the year 1964, starred Kaduvakulam Antony, Thikkurissi Sukumaran Nair, Kamala, Kedamangalam Sadanandan, Prem Nawas, Ambika, S. P Pillai in lead roles. The movie was about Guruvayur temple and the stories of devotees. Guruvayur temple, located in Guruvayur, Kerala is an ancient Lord Krishna temple. In 1972, a movie was released in the same name, directed and produced by P. Subramaniam and starred Sharada, Kaviyoor Ponnamma, Thikkurissi Sukumaran Nair and Jose Prakash in lead roles.
Chottanikkara Amma is a movie based on the famous Goddess Bhagavathy temple Chottanikkara, situated near Eranakulam, Kerala. The movie directed by directed by Crossbelt Mani, stars Srividya, Kaviyoor Ponnamma, Adoor Bhasi, Hari, Cochin Haneefa, Unnimary and Balan K Nair in lead roles. The movie released in the year 1976, was written by Nagavally R. S Kurup.
3.Padmavyooham (2012 film)
Padmavyooham is directional venture by Bijoy P. I. and produced by some IT professionals of Techno Park. The movie is all about the mystery of the famous Sree Padmanabhaswamy Temple, at Trivandrum. The design of the idol, the temple's riches, ideas behind the construction of the temple and the significance of the placement of the idol of Lord Vishnu etc., is described in the film. Sree Padmanabhaswamy temple, situated in Trivandrum, is a famous Lord Vishnu temple in which the principal deity Vishnu is enshrined in the "Anantha Sayanam" posture.
Paadha Mudra was a movie starring Mohanlal, Seema, Nedumudi Venu and Mala Aravindan in lead roles. Mohanlal appears in double roles, as father and son, in the film directed by R. Sukumaran, released in the year 1988. Oachira Parabhrama Temple is given much importance in the film and Mohanlal plays the character of a man who hails from Oachira and walks around with Oachira Kala. Oachira temple is a famous Parabrahma temple in Oachira, Kollam which is also known as Dakshina Kashi. The temple does not have a particular deity or idol worship and does not have a Sreekovil.
Sabarimala Ayyappan is a movie starring Thikkurissi Sukumaran Nair,Kottarakkara Sreedharan Nair, Padmini, Ambika Sukumaran and S. P. Pillai in lead roles. The film released in the year 1961 is directed by Shri Ramulu Naidu. The movie was released in Tamil with the same title. Sabarimala Ayyappan’s story was portrayed in the film. Sabarimala Ayyappan temple is the most ancient Ayyappan temple in India. The temple situated on top of mountain in Pathanamthitta has a great history and traditions.
Kodungalluramma is a Malayalam movie released in the year 1968, directed by Kunchacko. The movie starred Prem Nazir, Adoor Bhasi and hikkurissi Sukumaran Nair in lead roles. The movie narrated the story of Kodungallur Bhagavathi. Kodungallur Bhagavathi temple is a Bhadrakaali temple located in Kodungallur, Trissur. Kannaki, Goddess Bhadrakaali, is worshiped there.
Amen is Malayalam movie released in the year 2013. The movie starring Fahadh Faasil, Swathi Reddy, Indrajith, Kalabhavan Mani and Joy Mathew in lead roles was directed by Lijo Jose Pellissery. The film shot at a village in Kuttanad, portrayed the story of an ancient Syrian church in Kumarankari and the people living around the church. The movie also narrates the story about the saint who comes to save the land and the church from demolition.
Romans is a Malayalam movie starring Kunchacko Boban, Biju Menon, Niveda Thomas, Lalu Alex and T. G Ravi in lead roles. The movie released in the year 2013, is directed by Boban Samuel. Beside the lead actors, an old church in Kodaikanal played an important role in the film. Romans narrated the story about a church and the people living in that place. People in the surrounding believed some superstitions about the church and it was erased by two men who pretended to be priests.
Daivanamathil is a 2005 Malayalam movie directed by Jayaraj. Prithiviraj and Bhavana played the lead roles in the movie which narrated the story of a Muslim family and the problems related to Babri Masjid devastation which affected Kerala Muslims. Babri Masjid, a mosque in Ayodhya, a city in the Faizabad, was destroyed in 1992. The mosque was built in the year 1527 was named after Bahur, the first Mughal emperor of India .
For Updates like us
More from blogs
- Highest Grossing Indian Movies at UAE – GCC Box Office
- Madhura Raja vs. Lucifer: Opening day collection comparison
- Highest grossing South Indian movies at UAE - GCC Box Office
- Highest grossing Malayalam movies at Karnataka Box Office
- Odiyan vs. Lucifer: Opening day collection comparison
- Most anticipated Malayalam movies of 2019
- Malayalam Movies 2018: Major disappointments
- Highest grossing Malayalam films at Trivandrum Multiplexes
- Highest grossing Malayalam movies at US Box office 2018
More from boxoffice
- Trance box office collection report
- Anjaam Pathiraa Box office Collection Report
- Varane Avashyamund Box office Collection Report
- Ayyappanum Koshiyum Box office Collection Report
- Shylock box office collection report
- Big brother Box office report
- Prathi Poovankozhi Box Office Collection Report
- Valiyaperunnal Box Office Collection Report
- Driving Licence Box Office Collection Report
More from News
- Urvashi pairs up with Dileep in Kesu Ee Veedinte Nadhan
- Joju to team up with Ahammed Khabeer again after June
- Lal to pen script for Lal Jr’s next movie
- Nikhila Vimal added to the cast of Mammootty’s next
- Anu Sithara to pair up with Jayasurya again in Aposthalan
- Here’s the title of Kunchacko Boban - John Paul movie
- Tovino Thomas’s big budget superhero movie starts rolling
- Mammootty to play a priest in his next movie?
- Popular cinematographer Ramachandra Babu passes away