7 best Malayalam romantic movies to watch on valentine's day
Romance is one of the most demanded movie genre with widespread acceptance. Malayalam cinema has produced many soulful romantic movies. Here, we present seven best Malayalam romantic movies to watch on Valentine’s Day.
1. Ennu Ninte Moideen
Ennu Ninte Moideen, based on the real life story of BP Moideen and Kanchanamala, is undoubtedly one of the best romantic dramas of recent times. The movie tells the heart wrenching love story of Kanchanamala who has waited for 30 years to marry his lover and is living her life as the widow of a man she never married, after his unexpected death. Ennu Ninte Moideen directed by R. S. Vimal features Parvathy and Prithviraj in lead roles.
2. Annayum Rasoolum
As like many other romantic movies in Malayalam, Annayum Rasoolum too is based on inter-caste love, but the director’s realistic approach towards the script makes this movie interesting. This tragic romantic movie is scripted by famous writer Santhosh Echikkanam and directed by Rajeev Ravi. Fahadh Faasil played the role of Rasool while Andrea Jeremiah played Anna.
3. Thattathin Marayathu
Unlike movies that are mentioned above, Thattathin Marayathu directed by Vineeth Sreenivasan is a movie on inter-caste love with a happy ending. The movie tells the story of Vinod, a Hindu college student, who falls in love with Aisha, a Muslim girl. Refreshing songs composed by Shaan Rahman take the movie to another level. Interestingly, the movie is co-produced by Sreenivasan along with Mukesh.
Aniyathipraavu, directed by Fazil, is one of the most celebrated romantic movies in Malayalam. The movie tells the story of Sudhi and Mini, who are from two different religions, fell in love with each other. The climax of the movie is one of the well-crafted climax scenes ever made in Malayalam movies. Aniyathipraavu is one of the biggest hit movies in the history of the Malayalam film industry.
5. Ennennum Kannettante
Ennennum Kannettante is one another gem written and directed by Fazil based on the story written by Madhu Muttam. The movie tells the incomplete yet beautiful teenage love story of Kannan and Raadhika. If you love watching romantic movies, then Ennennum Kannettante is definitely a must-watch for you. The movie won the Kerala state film award for best popular film for the year 1986.
6. Namukku Parkkan Munthiri Thoppukal
Namukku Parkkan Munthiri Thoppukal is an all-time classic musical-romantic movie written and directed by legendary director P Padmarajan based on the novel Namukku Gramangalil Chennu Raparkam by K. K. Sudhakaran. The movie tells the story of Solomon who falls in love with his neighbour girl, Sofia. Actress Shari won Kerala state film award for her performance in the movie.
Thoovanathumbikal is a cult classic romantic movie written and directed by P. Padmarajan. The movie tells the love of Jayakrishnan, who lived a double life, towards an innocent girl Radha and a prostitute Clara. Performances from lead actors including Mohanlal and Sumalatha and brilliantly written script make this one of the finest movies of the last few decades.
You may like
For Updates like us
More from blogs
- 6 most anticipated upcoming Malayalam sequel movies
- Malayalam actors who secured state award for their debut movie
- 5 Brilliant performances by so-called mediocre Malayalam actors
- 5 reasons to watch Mohanlal's Villain
- You may not know these Mollywood celebrities are relatives
- Upcoming Prithviraj movies that are worth waiting for
- Mollywood celebrities who started their career as TV actors
- Verdict of box office wars between Dileep and Manju Warrier
- Malayalam Pooja Releases 2017
More from boxoffice
- Goodalochana box office collection report
- Aakashamittayee box office collection report
- Villain Box office collection report
- Kaattu box office collection report
- Mersal Kerala Box office Collection Report
- LavaKusha box office collection report
- Solo box office collection report
- Sherlock Toms box office collection report
- Tharangam box office collection report
More from News
- Kerala high court allows actor Dileep to fly abroad
- Will Poomaram release on Christmas? Here is a new update
- Roopesh Peethambaran announces a sequel to Theevram
- Actress Jyothi Krishna gets married to Arun Anand Raja
- Prithviraj Sukumaran’s My Story to hit screens by March end
- Mammootty teams up with Amal Neerad for Big B sequel
- Director Aji John turns actor again with Shikkari Shambhu
- Mammootty and Pranav Mohanlal to clash at the box-office?
- Rana Daggubati heads to Mollywood with Marthanda Varma