7 best Malayalam romantic movies to watch on valentine's day
Romance is one of the most demanded movie genre with widespread acceptance. Malayalam cinema has produced many soulful romantic movies. Here, we present seven best Malayalam romantic movies to watch on Valentine’s Day.
1. Ennu Ninte Moideen
Ennu Ninte Moideen, based on the real life story of BP Moideen and Kanchanamala, is undoubtedly one of the best romantic dramas of recent times. The movie tells the heart wrenching love story of Kanchanamala who has waited for 30 years to marry his lover and is living her life as the widow of a man she never married, after his unexpected death. Ennu Ninte Moideen directed by R. S. Vimal features Parvathy and Prithviraj in lead roles.
2. Annayum Rasoolum
As like many other romantic movies in Malayalam, Annayum Rasoolum too is based on inter-caste love, but the director’s realistic approach towards the script makes this movie interesting. This tragic romantic movie is scripted by famous writer Santhosh Echikkanam and directed by Rajeev Ravi. Fahadh Faasil played the role of Rasool while Andrea Jeremiah played Anna.
3. Thattathin Marayathu
Unlike movies that are mentioned above, Thattathin Marayathu directed by Vineeth Sreenivasan is a movie on inter-caste love with a happy ending. The movie tells the story of Vinod, a Hindu college student, who falls in love with Aisha, a Muslim girl. Refreshing songs composed by Shaan Rahman take the movie to another level. Interestingly, the movie is co-produced by Sreenivasan along with Mukesh.
Aniyathipraavu, directed by Fazil, is one of the most celebrated romantic movies in Malayalam. The movie tells the story of Sudhi and Mini, who are from two different religions, fell in love with each other. The climax of the movie is one of the well-crafted climax scenes ever made in Malayalam movies. Aniyathipraavu is one of the biggest hit movies in the history of the Malayalam film industry.
5. Ennennum Kannettante
Ennennum Kannettante is one another gem written and directed by Fazil based on the story written by Madhu Muttam. The movie tells the incomplete yet beautiful teenage love story of Kannan and Raadhika. If you love watching romantic movies, then Ennennum Kannettante is definitely a must-watch for you. The movie won the Kerala state film award for best popular film for the year 1986.
6. Namukku Parkkan Munthiri Thoppukal
Namukku Parkkan Munthiri Thoppukal is an all-time classic musical-romantic movie written and directed by legendary director P Padmarajan based on the novel Namukku Gramangalil Chennu Raparkam by K. K. Sudhakaran. The movie tells the story of Solomon who falls in love with his neighbour girl, Sofia. Actress Shari won Kerala state film award for her performance in the movie.
Thoovanathumbikal is a cult classic romantic movie written and directed by P. Padmarajan. The movie tells the love of Jayakrishnan, who lived a double life, towards an innocent girl Radha and a prostitute Clara. Performances from lead actors including Mohanlal and Sumalatha and brilliantly written script make this one of the finest movies of the last few decades.
You may like
For Updates like us
More from blogs
- Highest grossing Malayalam films in Tamil Nadu 2017
- Onam 2017 releases who is the real winner?
- 6 best characters played by Mammootty this decade
- Onam movies 2017 – Opening day box-office analysis
- Verdict of last 5 box-office battles between big Ms
- 10 Low budget Malayalam superhits with newcomer actors
- Actresses who made their debut in a leading role with Dileep
- Onam Box Office War 2017: Five big movies to compete
- 7 Malayalam movie stars who started out as TV anchors
More from boxoffice
- Parava box office collection report
- Adam Joan box office collection report
- Njandukalude Nattil Oridavela box office report
- Pullikkaran Staraa Box office Collection Report
- Velipadinte Pusthakam Box office Collection Report
- Vivegam Kerala Box office Collection Report
- Bobby Box office Collection Report
- Thrissivaperoor Kliptham Box office Collection Report
- Chunkzz Box office Collection Report
More from News
- Please don’t boycott Ramaleela, requests Manju Warrier
- Jayaram’s Aakasha Mittayee gets an October release date
- Anu Sithara is Niranj’s Pair in Ranjith’s Bilathikadha
- Joy Mathew to make Mammootty an Uncle on September 24
- Adi Kapyare Koottamani team is back with a comedy thriller
- Ahaana Krishna is Tovino Thomas’s love interest in Luca
- Jimikki Kammal fame Sheril to share screen space with Vijay?
- Soubin Shahir’s Parava gets censored and ready for release
- Kunchacko Boban is a leopard hunter in Shikkari Shambu