10 most memorable cameos of all time in Malayalam cinema
Even some full-length characters may get forgotten after watching the movie, whereas some cameos always remain in our hearts. Here is the list of best and unforgettable cameos in Malayalam cinema.
1. Dulquer Salmaan in Parava
Dulquer Salmaan’s cameo role was one of the Major attraction of actor turned filmmaker Soubin Shahir’s debut directorial venture Parava. More than just a cameo played by a crowd puller just to attract audiences in the initial days, Dulquer’s character has much prominence in the script. Imran, played by Dulquer will stay in our hearts for sure.
2. Mammootty in Katha Parayumbol
If anybody asks you, which is the most memorable cameo role you have ever seen in Mollywood, tell them it’s Superstar Ashokraj form the movie Katha Parayumbol. Mammootty’s performance in the movie, especially during the famous ceremonial speech, was really fantabulous. However, the movie was promoted as a Mammootty starrer even though Sreenivasan was the main protagonist.
3. Mohanlal in Summer in Bethlehem
Niranjan played by Mohanlal, in the movie Summer in Bethlehem, is equally memorable as Mammootty’s Ashokraj. With his 10 minutes long performance as a remorseful offender who is in the prison, Mohanlal clearly outshined the leading actors, Jayaram and Suresh Gopi. Interestingly, the movie was released alongside Harikrishnans, which has Mohanlal playing one of the lead roles along with Mammootty.
4. Mammootty in Narasimham
It is undoubted that, Mammootty is the best choice for playing the role of a Lawyer in Malayalam. It’s a real pleasure to watch his cross-questioning sequences with prolonged English dialogues in Narasimham. It is believed that Suresh Gopi was the initial choice to play the role. The film, directed by Shaji Kailas, ran for more than 200 days in many centers and emerged as the highest grossing Malayalam film ever, at that time.
5. Suresh Gopi in Manu uncle
Who can ever forget the brave and funny policeman Minnal Prathapan, played by Suresh Gopi, who is known as the specialist in playing cop roles, from the movie Manu Uncle. Even though, the Mammootty starrer, which also had Mohanlal in a cameo role in it, Suresh Gopi clearly outshines everyone with his comic timing and proppy body language. The movie, directed by Dennis Joseph, won the National Award for best children's film.
6. Mohanlal in Peruvannapurathe Visheshangal
A true movie buff can never forget Achutha Kurup, a successful businessman in Singapore, who entered Peruvannapuram, a remote village in which a group of conservative people living, in a Benz car. Mohanlal plays Achutha Kurup whereas Jayaram plays Sivasankaran, the main protagonist in the movie. It was the third association of Ranjith and Kamal after Orkkapurathu and Pradeshika Varthakal. This film was a box-office success.
7. Suresh Gopi in The King
Suresh Gopi made the role of the cold-blooded police officer, who uses barbaric torture techniques to make the convict tell the truth, unforgettable even if the name of the character is not disclosed in the movie. The King, starring Mammootty in the lead role, is scripted by Renji Panicker and directed by Shaji Kailas. Yes! The very same team, who were the makers of Suresh Gopi starrers like Commissioner and Thalasthanam.
8. Mamukkoya in Nadodikkattu
Even though Gafoorkka was an unsympathetic person, we all love him because of the way the character is presented in the movie, Nadodikkattu. The credit goes to writer Sreenivasan, director Sathyan Anthikkad and, obviously, Mamukkoya. It is worth mentioning that Gafoorkka was the man who popularized the Arabic wish Assalaamu 'Alaikum among Malayalees. He appeared as Gafoorkka once again in Pattanapravesham, a sequel to Nadodikkattu.
9. Thilakan in Oru Yathramozhi
Adhrumany played by the legendary actor Thilakan is one of the characters, which showcased the real talent of the actor, even though it is just a 5 minutes long cameo role. The movie is scripted by John Paul, based on the story written by Priyadarshan and directed by Prathap Pothan. Oru Yathramozhi was the first released movie in which Mohanlal shared screen space with Sivaji Ganeshan and was a box-office hit.
10. Captain Raju in Nadodikkattu
“I’m Pavanayi, a real professional killer”, who can ever forget these dialogues and Pavanayi, the international hitman who changed his name from P. V. Narayanan to make it more appealing, from the movie Nadodikkattu. Later, Captain Raju himself has directed a movie titled as Mr. Pavanayi 99.99 based on this character.
For Updates like us
More from blogs
- 7 Tamil movies with biggest opening at Kochi multiplexes
- Top 7 upcoming big-budget Malayalam movies 2018 – 2019
- Highest grossing Malayalam movies at Kerala box office 2018
- Malayalam films with top opening weekend gross in Tamil Nadu
- Highest grossing Malayalam movies at UAE box office - 2018
- Movies with highest opening at Kerala Box Office 2018
- Top 10 most viewed Malayalam teasers/trailers on Facebook
- 5 reasons to watch Aadhi
- Most awaited Malayalam movies of 2018
More from boxoffice
- Njan Marykutty Box Office Collection
- Kaala Box Office Collection
- Mahanati Kerala Box Office Collection
- B Tech Box Office Collection
- Ente Peru Surya Ente Veedu India Kerala Box Office Collection
- Avengers: Infinity War Kerala Box Office Collection
- Ee.Ma.Yau Box Office Collection
- Aravindante Athidhikal Box Office Collection
- Thobama Box Office Collection
More from News
- Haneef Adeni to direct Nivin Pauly in his next
- Mohanlal announces the title of his next with Ranjith
- Prabhu to share screen space with Mohanlal after a hiatus
- Queen fame Saniya Iyappan roped in for Mohanlal’s Lucifer?
- John Paul George’s Ambili starts rolling in Idukki
- Puthukkottayile Puthumanavalan to get a sequel soon
- Arun Gopy to make a biopic on footballer IM Vijayan
- Martin Prakkat next to have Nivin Pauly as the protagonist?
- Anjali Menon – Prithviraj movie is titled as Koode