Swathanthriyam Ardharathriyil Review: something exciting
The movie Swathanthriyam Ardharathriyil’s positives are largely on the technical side of it. Tinu Pappachan, the long time associate of Lijo Jose Pellissery crafts the movie to be engaging even though the script he has got is not that desperate to be engaging. The success of the director in keeping us invested in the proceedings is the reason why Swathanthriyam Ardharathriyil feels like an exciting one.
Jacob was the manager of a money lender. His love affair was about to culminate in marriage and unfortunately his fiancé got involved in a case and the attempts to run away from the troubles ends up in a scenario were Jacob becomes a prisoner for murder. He was in a situation where nobody could save him and he went for the obvious choice of escaping from the prison and this movie is showing us how he managed to do that.
Its not a perfect script in the first place. At the end of the film you will have a lot of questions that are left unanswered. But the thing that you might find an answer inside your head to justify some of those is the quality of the making which makes you forget about such logical issues while you watch the movie. Dileep Kurian tries to make the journey exciting by throwing hurdles in front of the hero to jump across. And even though they are on the filmy side, Tinu Pappachan with his solid technical team makes it look like a convincing attempt. He has tweaked a lot of the typical notion to make them look practical.
Angamaly Diaries fame Antony Varghese plays the role of Jacob in the movie. The role is pretty much similar to his first character and he delivers a neat and convincing performance. Vinayakan has limited space as the rough and tough inmate. Chemban Vinod Jose in his typical style takes care of the humor. Rajesh Sharma is perhaps the only actor in the cast who wasn’t a part of Anagamaly Diaries and he was good. The Angamaly diaries team of actors was also quite effective.
Tinu Pappachan has managed to elevate the screenplay to a different level by adding style and substance in the making. The way the camera pans and pants in those darkish frames, give us a realistic depiction of a prison. The escape plan even though largely typical looks interesting on screen. If they could have managed to include the several subplots in the movie into a clearer culmination, things would have been a bit more interesting. The cinematography was good, the cuts were impressive, the sound design had quality and the cuts were also pretty neat and sharp.
Like I said in the beginning, Swathanthriyam Ardharathriyil is impressive on a technical level and also on the performance level too. If the script was a bit more fresh and precise, it would have been a novel experience. The movie is definitely worth a watch.
More from reviews
- Happy Sardar Review: Kalidas Jayaram, Merin Philip
- Android Kunjappan Version 5.25 Review: cheerful and engaging
- Moothon Review: a moving portrayal of human emotions
- Nalpathiyonnu Review: end result here is a disappointment
- Under World Review: a watchable gangster thriller
- Akashaganga 2 Review: another horror film you can laugh off
- Safe Review: this movie does a disservice to the cause
- Edakkad Battalion 06 Review: movie with a wafer thin concept
- Pranaya Meenukalude Kadal Review: a disappointing experience
More from boxoffice
- Trance box office collection report
- Anjaam Pathiraa Box office Collection Report
- Varane Avashyamund Box office Collection Report
- Ayyappanum Koshiyum Box office Collection Report
- Shylock box office collection report
- Big brother Box office report
- Prathi Poovankozhi Box Office Collection Report
- Valiyaperunnal Box Office Collection Report
- Driving Licence Box Office Collection Report
More from News
- Urvashi pairs up with Dileep in Kesu Ee Veedinte Nadhan
- Joju to team up with Ahammed Khabeer again after June
- Lal to pen script for Lal Jr’s next movie
- Nikhila Vimal added to the cast of Mammootty’s next
- Anu Sithara to pair up with Jayasurya again in Aposthalan
- Here’s the title of Kunchacko Boban - John Paul movie
- Tovino Thomas’s big budget superhero movie starts rolling
- Mammootty to play a priest in his next movie?
- Popular cinematographer Ramachandra Babu passes away