Sathya review: a mediocre movie that test your patience
The movie Sathya directed by Diphan and written by AK Sajan looks like an absolute cliché on its written format and there wasn’t really anything there that made it look like a viable cinema. With technical perfection being bizarre in terms of quality, Sathya is a mediocre movie that test your senses and patience.
Sathya is a Pondicherry based cards player. Due to a particular situation, he goes to another place with his friend to find a girl named Rosy. The movie shows us the journey to find Rosy, what happens after that and what is the reason why Sathya wants Rosy.
The treatment of the film is extremely outdated. The kind of over the top action sequences we have seen in Telugu films gets repeated here. The lack of sensibility such build ups have because of its hero worshipping nature causes major problems to a movie like Sathya which doesn’t have a strong content to its credit. The hero who is in a hurry to save a life has all the time in the world to show off his swagger. The dialogues and its attitude quotient at times make no sense with the situation in the film. The introduction scene of the hero is in this back and forth style where we get to see his heroics in an explanatory way and the repetitiveness of that idea becomes annoying.
Puthiya Mukham marked the entry of Diphan and it also made an impression with the way action was conceived. The problem here is that Diphan can’t make the fights look more innovative or refreshing. The exaggerated script that has all the clichés would have only worked if the content was presented in a good way. But with formulas that have been used gazillion times Sathya only becomes shoddier. Dialogues are too filmy. The cuts were poor and the cinematography also lacks attention to detail. The stunts that used too much of assistance from cranes looks outdated. The music isn’t that great and the background score also fails to impress.
The character of Sathya is very much a peripheral cool character. The charmless writing makes the character look shallow and Jayaram as an actor is struggling to add grace to Sathya. Parvathy Nambiar is kind of okay apart from that one song which was released. Roma wasn’t that impressive. The actor who played the villain performed very poorly. Saju Navodhaya is the unavoidable comedian. Many known faces are there in the movie in pointless roles.
Sathya looks like a hastily made movie that never tries to attempt something to make it look fresh or exciting on screen. The less than 2 hour long movie is so bad that you might not believe that it was less than 2 hours.
You may like
More from reviews
- Sathya review: a mediocre movie that test your patience
- Sakhavu movie Revew : An engaging political drama
- Puthan Panam Review - movie has less to do with its title
- 1971 Beyond Borders Review
- Georgettan's Pooram Review: a below average experience
- The Great Father Review : Mixture of social relevance and commercial flavors
- Take off Review : It will make you say Hats Off
- Honey Bee 2: Celebrations Review - Drifting aways from its true nature
- C/O Saira Banu Movie Review - A hearty narrative movie
More from boxoffice
- Puthan Panam Boxoffice collection report
- 1971 Beyond Borders Box office collection report
- Georgettan's Pooram Box office Collection Report
- The great father first day collection Report
- The Great Father Box office Collection Report
- Take off Boxoffice Collection Report
- Honey Bee 2 Boxoffice Collection
- C/O Saira Banu Boxoffice collection Report
- Angamaly Diaries boxoffice collection report
More from News
- Sajid Yahiya plays a hardcore Suriya fan in Pokkiri Simon
- Comrade in America to be released on Karl Marx birthday
- Santhosh Pandit to play a key role in Mammootty’s next
- Mohanlal’s Randaamoozham to be a Rs 1000 Crores project
- Dileep's Professor Dinkan 3D to start rolling tomorrow
- Two different looks for Mohanlal in Lal Jose movie
- Pulimurugan entered Guinness book of world records
- Mohanlal and Joshiy to team up again for Wayanadan Thamban
- Oscar-winner Gulzar to pen lyrics for a Malayalam movie