Sadrishavakyam 24:29 review: a creepy tolerance challenger
What has gone terribly wrong in this largely flawed film named Sadrishavakyam 24:29 is the casting of the leading lady. Sheelu Abraham is the center of this movie that traverses through the revenge quest of a woman. With her being totally mediocre, this dull film becomes tiring experience for the viewer.
The central protagonist of the movie Anna is married to a man whose family is actually responsible for destroying her entire childhood, including the death of her parents. The girl is trying to take revenge on them in a gradual process and the film Sadrishavakyam 24:29 is showing us how she does that and what all things she had to go through during that.
Remember those old dramas in Malayalam films were we would see blackmailing and revenge of the lost child etc. as the central theme? The writers of Sadrishavakyam 24:29 seem to be still captivated by that kind of story. The scenes here are undercooked and too dramatic to digest. Sequences which needed sensibility are presented carelessly. The obvious bad acting just makes the viewing experience a torturous one and occasionally it becomes an unintended joke too.
M Prasanth is the director of the film and he doesn’t seem to be concerned about how the depiction would work for the audience. There is no attempt here to make it gripping. The irrelevant subplots aren’t adding anything sufficient to the plot. Prasanth’s attempts to show Anna as this vengeance filled character seems unbearably lame and sometimes all you can do is a facepalm. The music from 4 Musics is the only mildly positive thing in the film and even 4 Musics are not interested in delivering a completely fresh track.
Sheelu Abraham has taken up a role that is way out of her league. Her voice modulation and dull expressions have no sync what so ever. Manoj K Jayan looks so artificial in his performance with all those attitude laughs and other things. Kalabhavan Shajon was fine. The cast that has names like Meghanathan, Siddique, Anjali, Niyas and a few more doesn’t have much to perform here.
Sadrishavakyam 24:29 is a terrible film by all means. The basic thing to do in a female centric film is to find the right person to play the pivotal role and that has gone wrong for this film. With a theme that never creates any excitement, this one is challenging your tolerance.
More from reviews
- Happy Sardar Review: Kalidas Jayaram, Merin Philip
- Android Kunjappan Version 5.25 Review: cheerful and engaging
- Moothon Review: a moving portrayal of human emotions
- Nalpathiyonnu Review: end result here is a disappointment
- Under World Review: a watchable gangster thriller
- Akashaganga 2 Review: another horror film you can laugh off
- Safe Review: this movie does a disservice to the cause
- Edakkad Battalion 06 Review: movie with a wafer thin concept
- Pranaya Meenukalude Kadal Review: a disappointing experience
More from boxoffice
- Nayattu Box office Collection Report
- Chathurmukham box office collection report
- One box office collection report
- Kala box office collection report
- The Priest Box office Collection Report
- Forensic Box office collection report
- Trance box office collection report
- Anjaam Pathiraa Box office Collection Report
- Varane Avashyamund Box office Collection Report
More from News
- Actor Mela Reghu passed away
- Nayattu will be released on OTT Platform
- Director - cinematographer KV Anand passed away
- Varavu movie first look launched
- Mahaveeryar shooting packs up
- Kaduva started rolling: Vivek Oberoi joined the set
- ‘Star’ to be released soon
- Prakashan Parakkatte first look released
- Much awaited movie Hridayam's first look poster released