Pulimurugan review : An awesome action packed thriller
No spoilers ahead!
The most convincing action star of Malayalam is back with a bang. Seems, it is a good time for Mohanlal movies at Kerala Box office. The movie, Pulimurugan starts with the flash back of Murugan's childhood days and shows how he became a hunter. Though Mohanlal's entry is delayed a bit it is worth to wait because of the awesome first 15 minutes. As an audience you will be engaged to the beautiful shots and the breath taking fight scenes in the first half. Scenes between Mohanlal and Lal are really good and sometimes Lal steals the scenes with his one liners. First half is mainly used to build up Murugan's character and to show his various skills. The first tiger fight between Mohanlal was awesome to watch.
The main story starts to develop at the end of an outstanding first half. Second half starts with more scenes to build the story more engaging. The slow paced story telling makes you impatient at times. The movie again picks up well with the fight sequence when murugan tried to retrieve his 'Mayilvaahanam'. Then what you watch is a skillful fight sequence between Mohanlal and around 15 men. The big hunt begins as the story approaches climax. Now Murugan has to deal with both tiger and villains to save his dear ones. The high-octane fight scene with imported fighters in climax is simply awesome to watch. It was well shot and a big salute to mohanlal to do such dangerous acts with ease. Once again he proves age is just a number.
Without any doubt, Mohanlal steals the show with the fight scenes. In some scenes in the first half, he reminds you the old mischievous Mohanlal characters. Female lead Kamalini Mukherjee fails to impress with her naughty wife role. Lal, Kishore, Bala, Gopakumar, Vinu Mohan, Siddique and Noby played their role really well. Not sure if Jagapati Babu is a good choice for playing the anti hero role. Makarand Deshpande and Namitha plays unimportant roles in the movie. The role played by Suraj Venjaramoodu may iritate you with his already tried comedy tricks.
Dont expect any surprise as the movie has a predicatable story line, which may disappoint you as the movie ends. Director Vysakh has done a brillaint job to portray the story on screen with a loose screenplay. Backgroud music score and action scenes are the highlight of the movie. Be ready to watch some never seen and stunning action scense and VFX sequences ever made in Malayalam film history, thanks to Peter Hein and graphics team. Pulimurugan is a treat for action movie lovers and Mohanlal fans. It is obvious that Pulimurugan has already set a bench mark for future Malayalam action films.
First Half: Superb
Second Half: Slow paced start but ends with awesome scenes
Best scenes: Tiger stops when kid crying in one of the initial scenes. Last fight scenes with imported villians
Positives: Mohanlal, Excellent Action Scenes, Lal, Bala
Disappointed with: Loose screenplay, Kamalini Mukherjee, Suraj Venjaramoodu
Verdict: Hit/ Super hit
More from reviews
- Happy Sardar Review: Kalidas Jayaram, Merin Philip
- Android Kunjappan Version 5.25 Review: cheerful and engaging
- Moothon Review: a moving portrayal of human emotions
- Nalpathiyonnu Review: end result here is a disappointment
- Under World Review: a watchable gangster thriller
- Akashaganga 2 Review: another horror film you can laugh off
- Safe Review: this movie does a disservice to the cause
- Edakkad Battalion 06 Review: movie with a wafer thin concept
- Pranaya Meenukalude Kadal Review: a disappointing experience
More from boxoffice
- Trance box office collection report
- Anjaam Pathiraa Box office Collection Report
- Varane Avashyamund Box office Collection Report
- Ayyappanum Koshiyum Box office Collection Report
- Shylock box office collection report
- Big brother Box office report
- Prathi Poovankozhi Box Office Collection Report
- Valiyaperunnal Box Office Collection Report
- Driving Licence Box Office Collection Report
More from News
- Urvashi pairs up with Dileep in Kesu Ee Veedinte Nadhan
- Joju to team up with Ahammed Khabeer again after June
- Lal to pen script for Lal Jr’s next movie
- Nikhila Vimal added to the cast of Mammootty’s next
- Anu Sithara to pair up with Jayasurya again in Aposthalan
- Here’s the title of Kunchacko Boban - John Paul movie
- Tovino Thomas’s big budget superhero movie starts rolling
- Mammootty to play a priest in his next movie?
- Popular cinematographer Ramachandra Babu passes away