Paavada : A mix of comedy and Drama
Prithviraj and Anoop Menon starrer Paavada is a mix of both comedy and sentiments. Though the performances of the lead artists are excellent, it is the story of the movie which keeps you engaged till the end. The movie tells the story of two alcoholic individuals who happened to meet because of fate. It was a satisfying experience to watch this fun filled movie with substance in it.
In the first half, the movie shows the life of Joy aka Paampu Joy (Prithviraj) and Babu Joseph aka Pavada Babu (Anoop Menon) in two different tracks until both meets at a de addiction center. First half is filled with comedy and it was bit lagging till the interval approaches. But the interval will make you curious to watch the second half with more enthusiasm. The second half of the movie is more melodramatic and reveals the secreat behind an abandoned box in the house of Babu Joseph and how it will affects the lives of Joy and Babu if they open it.
Prithviraj has delivered a subtle performance in comic scenes (especially in the first half) and given a controlled act in the melodramatic sequences in the second half. His combination scenes with Vilakkoothi Rajan (Sharafuddin) were hilarious. Anoop Menon's Performance as a depressed alchoholic was worth mentioning. Some of his mannerisms reminds you of some real drunkards. Veteran actor Nedumudi Venu was the live wire through out the story. His combination scene with Prithviraj before interval definitely make the audiences laugh. The sequences involving Pavada Babu, Gunasekharan (Maniyanpillai Raju) and Pilla Chettan (Nedumudi Venu) also amuse the audiences.
The support cast is top notch, especially Kalabhavan Shajon, Asha Sarath, Maniyanpilla Raju and Sharafuddin. Siddique, Murali Gopy, Renji Panicker and Chemban Vinod enacted their respective parts well.
Direction was just above par but looses control over the scenes in the second half. The first court scene was shot in an unrealistic way, in which the lawyer Anantha Ramayyar (Siddique) questions the fellow advocates. Also the talk show sequences were bit difficult to digest.
Screenplay and Dialogues
Screenplay is the back bone of this movie. For the second half of the movie they could have added some interesting sequences to keep audiences more glued to the story. First half is filled with some good comic dialogues which were blended with the scenes.
The movie has two tracks and both of them are enjoyable. The background score does not make much impact on audiences. Cinematography was just fine nothing extra ordinary.
Response from the audiences
No negative comments about the movie heard as I came out of the theater. Seems everyone is satisfied with the movie.
Verdict: Expected to be a hit or super hit
More from reviews
- Happy Sardar Review: Kalidas Jayaram, Merin Philip
- Android Kunjappan Version 5.25 Review: cheerful and engaging
- Moothon Review: a moving portrayal of human emotions
- Nalpathiyonnu Review: end result here is a disappointment
- Under World Review: a watchable gangster thriller
- Akashaganga 2 Review: another horror film you can laugh off
- Safe Review: this movie does a disservice to the cause
- Edakkad Battalion 06 Review: movie with a wafer thin concept
- Pranaya Meenukalude Kadal Review: a disappointing experience
More from boxoffice
- Trance box office collection report
- Anjaam Pathiraa Box office Collection Report
- Varane Avashyamund Box office Collection Report
- Ayyappanum Koshiyum Box office Collection Report
- Shylock box office collection report
- Big brother Box office report
- Prathi Poovankozhi Box Office Collection Report
- Valiyaperunnal Box Office Collection Report
- Driving Licence Box Office Collection Report
More from News
- Urvashi pairs up with Dileep in Kesu Ee Veedinte Nadhan
- Joju to team up with Ahammed Khabeer again after June
- Lal to pen script for Lal Jr’s next movie
- Nikhila Vimal added to the cast of Mammootty’s next
- Anu Sithara to pair up with Jayasurya again in Aposthalan
- Here’s the title of Kunchacko Boban - John Paul movie
- Tovino Thomas’s big budget superhero movie starts rolling
- Mammootty to play a priest in his next movie?
- Popular cinematographer Ramachandra Babu passes away