‘Oru Muthassi Gadha’ Review; Entertainment for All Age Groups
The last Onam release of this year ‘Oru Muthassi Gadha’ released today. The movie is written and directed by Jude Anthany Joseph who got famous for his debut movie ‘Ohm Shanthi Oshaana’. He has shown immense promise as a director in ‘Ohm Shanthi Oshaana’. The movie tells the story of a problem making and resentful grandmother named Leelamma. Later Susamma comes into the life of Leelamma and makes a transition in her life.
Leelamma is a part of a five-member family, including a Sibichan (Suraj Venjaramoodu), his wife (Lena) and two children (Appu and Aparna Balamurali). Leelamma is always a problem maker and none of the family members could adjust with her grumpy attitude. To change her attitude Sibichan took a decision to go for a trip. However, she was not willing to go with them. So that they have made a decision to go for the trip without Leelamma and leave her at home along with a Bengali servant and Susamma, Sibi’s mother in law. The rest of the movie tells how Susamma helps Lelaamma to reinvent her life.
Leelamma played by newcomer Rajini Chandy and Susamma played by famous dubbing artiste Bhagyalakshmi done their part well. Suraj and Lena have done total justice to their character. All others, including Aparna Balamurali, Vineeth Sreenivasan, Renji Panicker and Vijayaraghavan have done their part well.
Director Jude Anthony Joseph has made an effort to throw some surprises throughout the movie and kept the audience engaged until the end. However, towards the end of the movie, it became a little bit preachy. The music department by Shaan Rahman was not quite impressive. Cinematography by Vinod Illampally was good but there were some flaws in editing which creates some continuity issues towards the end.
The director tries to discuss the problems faced by grandparents of this generation and some positive side of old age homes as well. Overall ‘Oru Muthassi Gadha’ is a nice experience and enjoyable for people of all age groups.
Verdict: Good Film
More from reviews
- Happy Sardar Review: Kalidas Jayaram, Merin Philip
- Android Kunjappan Version 5.25 Review: cheerful and engaging
- Moothon Review: a moving portrayal of human emotions
- Nalpathiyonnu Review: end result here is a disappointment
- Under World Review: a watchable gangster thriller
- Akashaganga 2 Review: another horror film you can laugh off
- Safe Review: this movie does a disservice to the cause
- Edakkad Battalion 06 Review: movie with a wafer thin concept
- Pranaya Meenukalude Kadal Review: a disappointing experience
More from boxoffice
- Nayattu Box office Collection Report
- Chathurmukham box office collection report
- One box office collection report
- Kala box office collection report
- The Priest Box office Collection Report
- Forensic Box office collection report
- Trance box office collection report
- Anjaam Pathiraa Box office Collection Report
- Varane Avashyamund Box office Collection Report
More from News
- Santhosh Sivan and MT Vasudevan Nair project on the cards after Barroz?
- Padma’s first teaser released
- Churuli streaming soon in OTT
- Jayasurya’s Eesho first look released
- Aarkkariyam gets an OTT release
- Ambalamukkile Visheshangal first look released
- Malayalam actor Sharan passed away
- Actor Mela Reghu passed away
- Nayattu will be released on OTT Platform