Oronnonnara Pranayakadha Review: horrible experience
Oronnonnara Pranayakadha is a very unique and horrible experience for its viewers. We are put through an entirely mediocre second half and just when we are about the burn the screens, the director reveals suspense and says all that you saw till now was just a dream of the hero and the movie already ended at the interval point. All that the audience can do about such treatment is just sit like that frozen Jayaram in the climax of Friends.
Childhood rivals Ramanan and Amina are our main protagonists. Ramanan has a crush on Amina but Amina hates him as he defeated her in a Mappilapattu competition in the second standard. But eventually, the love blossomed. But the communal issues in their home turf force them to go to Chennai and the movie shows us what happens in Chennai.
The first half of the movie is a banal comedy. The hero is frequently going to the hospital after he tries to take up the challenges thrown at him by the heroine. He tries to practice singing in a pond and gets drowned, he tries to learn to ride two-wheelers and breaks his leg, etc are happening and director Shibu Balan suddenly incorporates communal violence to shift the plot to Chennai. The movie that was going like a Raghuvinte Swantham Rasiya till that point suddenly becomes a stupid version of Vadakkunokkiyanthram.
Director Shibu Balan himself has (not) written the script of this movie. The Nagravaridhi Naduvil Njan director is struggling to make any sense to his story. The secularism is far too unreal. And like I said, making a trashy second half and escaping from it by making it a dream sequence is pretty much equal to snatching money from the audience. Anand Madhusoodhanan’s songs are the only relief in this movie that just explores mediocrity.
Shebin Benson has only 2 expressions for the whole movie. In the second half, he is given the death penalty and the expression on the guy’s face will make you laugh at Ramanan rather than feeling any empathy for him. Zaya David looks more confident here and a big shout out to whoever dubbed for her. Indian Pallassery is a major relief in this absolutely dry script. Vinay Forrt, Alencier, Sudheer Karamana, Irshad, Binoy, Vinod Kovoor, etc are wasted in ridiculous characters and I must say Surabhi Lakshmi’s “ette” was damn annoying.
While watching Oronnonnara Pranayakadha, if you feel like leaving the theater in the midway, you should actually do it. The director is actually punishing you in the second half for your inability to judge how mediocre a film is.
More from reviews
- Happy Sardar Review: Kalidas Jayaram, Merin Philip
- Android Kunjappan Version 5.25 Review: cheerful and engaging
- Moothon Review: a moving portrayal of human emotions
- Nalpathiyonnu Review: end result here is a disappointment
- Under World Review: a watchable gangster thriller
- Akashaganga 2 Review: another horror film you can laugh off
- Safe Review: this movie does a disservice to the cause
- Edakkad Battalion 06 Review: movie with a wafer thin concept
- Pranaya Meenukalude Kadal Review: a disappointing experience
More from boxoffice
- The Priest Box office Collection Report
- Forensic Box office collection report
- Trance box office collection report
- Anjaam Pathiraa Box office Collection Report
- Varane Avashyamund Box office Collection Report
- Ayyappanum Koshiyum Box office Collection Report
- Shylock box office collection report
- Big brother Box office report
- Prathi Poovankozhi Box Office Collection Report
More from News
- Kho Kho will be Vishu release
- Ula‘s first look poster released
- Royals Captain sent gifts to Malayalam actors
- The Priest to be released in OTT Platform
- Prithviraj starring Kaduva's shooting suspended
- Suresh Gopi's Kaaval release date is fixed
- Lalbagh release announcement - Teaser coming soon
- Appreciation to The Great Indian Kitchen from Rani Mukherjee
- Aaraattu trailer releasing soon