Nawal Enna Jewel Review: a shoddy movie you can forget about
Renjilal Damodaran’s Nawal Enna Jewel is a mediocre movie that gets in to your nerves with its lack of quality. Even the drama written and performed by school kids had better realistic dialogues when compared to the ones we hear in this film. The extremely slow movie is trying desperately to be a relatable relevant one and fails miserably in achieving that.
Nawal is this interior designer in the Middle East who is the daughter of a Malayali woman and an Iranian man. She was raised by her mother and Chachu. At one point, this modern positive girl is forced to face a harsh situation in the male dominant world and what we get to see on screen is the struggle she goes through after that.
The basic story of Nawal Enna Jewel has enough to make a movie. That could be the only reason why someone like Adil Hussain came on board with this project. But the film has been crafted pathetically. The conversations you hear in this movie are terrible. Even the most usual dialogues are getting delivered like the Shashi Tharoor tweets. And Adil Hussain’s character in this movie is speaking Malayalam in a way even Ezhuthachan won’t get it. The film tries to have an international face in the second half and we are like clueless on how all this suddenly became international.
Iranian actress Reem Kadeem has tried her best to emote for the character of Nawal. But her lack of understanding of the language and completely flawed dubbing causes issues. Shwetha Menon is largely covered in a prosthetic makeup which has a totally nonsensical back story. Her performance in the climax wasn’t that pleasing. Adil Hussain is fine in being the character but I don’t know why they forced him to say all those Malayalam lines. Alen Matters and Anjali Nair fail to handle the dialogues effectively. Paris Laxmi, Anu Sithara and Sudheer Karamana are there in brief roles.
The drama quotient in Renjilal Damodaran’s making is excessive. The kind of intellectual lines the characters utter every now and then will irritate you. The experience of watching Nawal Enna Jewel is almost like watching those pseudo art house films. The relevance of theme is the only valid reason they can say, but the writing here is absolutely trashy. Street dramas had better performances and soul. Songs were fine while the art was poor.
Being socially relevant isn’t an excuse to cover the extreme shoddiness in a movie’s conception. Nawal Enna Jewel has gone wrong in multiple levels. It is one movie you can suggest to your enemies.
More from reviews
- Happy Sardar Review: Kalidas Jayaram, Merin Philip
- Android Kunjappan Version 5.25 Review: cheerful and engaging
- Moothon Review: a moving portrayal of human emotions
- Nalpathiyonnu Review: end result here is a disappointment
- Under World Review: a watchable gangster thriller
- Akashaganga 2 Review: another horror film you can laugh off
- Safe Review: this movie does a disservice to the cause
- Edakkad Battalion 06 Review: movie with a wafer thin concept
- Pranaya Meenukalude Kadal Review: a disappointing experience
More from boxoffice
- Nayattu Box office Collection Report
- Chathurmukham box office collection report
- One box office collection report
- Kala box office collection report
- The Priest Box office Collection Report
- Forensic Box office collection report
- Trance box office collection report
- Anjaam Pathiraa Box office Collection Report
- Varane Avashyamund Box office Collection Report
More from News
- Santhosh Sivan and MT Vasudevan Nair project on the cards after Barroz?
- Padma’s first teaser released
- Churuli streaming soon in OTT
- Jayasurya’s Eesho first look released
- Aarkkariyam gets an OTT release
- Ambalamukkile Visheshangal first look released
- Malayalam actor Sharan passed away
- Actor Mela Reghu passed away
- Nayattu will be released on OTT Platform