Munthirivallikal Thalirkkumbol Review : Outcomes of Better Parenting
Good parenting also has another side which is showing the kids how to live life. The aftermath of marriage where the couple struggles to maintain the same love is something that has got mentioned in many films and with the movie Munthirivallikal Thalirkkumbol, Jibu Jacob is trying to pitch the parenting aspect of that issue. The movie ultimately succeeds in being true to the message it wants to convey, but the length to reach that point with numerous unappealing subplots drags the movie in to an average zone.
Ulahannan a Panchayath secretary, his wife Aniyamma and their two kids are the main protagonists of this film. The equation between Ulahannan and Aniyamma wasn’t that great in the recent past and it is going through a rough phase. The film Munthirivallikal Thalirkkumbol depicts the change in this relationship over the course of certain unexpected events and it also shows us how the happiness in this relationship influences their kids in being more understanding about emotions.
The wayward packaging is the problem. An important emphasize is there in showing how Ulahannan changes his nature and restarts that happy romantic equation with his wife. But all these extra marital affair sort of flirting and related stuff makes that portion less serious. The caricature nature of the treatment in those portions plus the daily soaps model melodrama reduces the feel of that major arch in the script and when you finally see the impact of it in the climax of the film, the moving factor is not quite there.
Jibu Jacob comes to this film after a successful outing in his first venture Vellimoonga. Even though he is a bit old school in rendering scenes, the flow of the script helped him very much in the first movie. In the case of Munthirivallikal Thalirkkumbol, the script has many elements of typical commercial format and various ways of preaching. Jibu Jacob can’t reduce the cheesy drama in them to make them look more organic. The anti feminine approach at some areas looks annoying and there is an overflow of characters in the content. Cinematography wasn’t that great. The music was nice.
The lead pair won the hearts in being the relatable middle class parents through Drishyam and this may be the reason why they chose them for the role. Mohanlal has done the character of Ulahannan with ease. Meena was also good as the responsible and caring mother. Aima Rosmy Sebastian did well as the daughter. Anoop Menon and Srinda were also fine as another couple. The elaborate cast of the movie has a long list of actors including names like Alancier Ley, Kalabhavan Shajon, Bindu Panicker, Reshmi Boban, Rahul Madhav, Joy Mathew, Asha Sharath, Suraj Venjaramood, Sudheer Karamana, Meghanadhan, Sharafudheen and Neha Saxena.
Munthirivallikal Thalirkkumbol would have been a much better family entertainer if it had a more rooted backdrop rather than depending on theatrical display of family issues. The climax and the message it conveys has relevance for sure, but the making and scripting needed more fine tuning.
More from reviews
- Happy Sardar Review: Kalidas Jayaram, Merin Philip
- Android Kunjappan Version 5.25 Review: cheerful and engaging
- Moothon Review: a moving portrayal of human emotions
- Nalpathiyonnu Review: end result here is a disappointment
- Under World Review: a watchable gangster thriller
- Akashaganga 2 Review: another horror film you can laugh off
- Safe Review: this movie does a disservice to the cause
- Edakkad Battalion 06 Review: movie with a wafer thin concept
- Pranaya Meenukalude Kadal Review: a disappointing experience
More from boxoffice
- The Priest Box office Collection Report
- Forensic Box office collection report
- Trance box office collection report
- Anjaam Pathiraa Box office Collection Report
- Varane Avashyamund Box office Collection Report
- Ayyappanum Koshiyum Box office Collection Report
- Shylock box office collection report
- Big brother Box office report
- Prathi Poovankozhi Box Office Collection Report
More from News
- Ula‘s first look poster released
- Royals Captain sent gifts to Malayalam actors
- The Priest to be released in OTT Platform
- Prithviraj starring Kaduva's shooting suspended
- Suresh Gopi's Kaaval release date is fixed
- Lalbagh release announcement - Teaser coming soon
- Appreciation to The Great Indian Kitchen from Rani Mukherjee
- Aaraattu trailer releasing soon
- Allu Arjun’s Pushpa teaser is released; Where is Fahadh?