Hello Dubaikaran review: just a series of rotten jokes
When you try to stuff in every frame with some kind of comedy to make a movie a comedy entertainer a film like Hello Dubaikkaran is born. Directed by Hrishri Baburaj and Harishree Yousuf, this movie is a test of patience as the film makers are clueless about how to treat this story. With clichés and rotten jokes getting poured in each scene, it is difficult to sit through this one.
Prakashan has this dream of going to Dubai and do job there and become a rich guy. In his childhood he saw the kind of respect those Dubai NRIs got and that made him go after this dream. But when he grew up plans to go to Dubai weren’t working out that smoothly. The film thus tells us about that last attempt he makes to go to Dubai and how that goes.
Harishree Yousuf and Harisri Baburaj are the directors of this movie. The script written by Yousuf is a really pathetic mixture of comedy, sentiments and heroics. That mixture puts the film in a clusless space and with all the clichés and pointless jokes annoying us to the core, this film is nothing short from being a headache. From misogynistic jokes to tried and tested slapstick ideas, the film struggles to have an identity. And when you finally sense that the movie is about to conclude, they just extend the trauma with chaotic events.
Adil Ibrahim who made decent outings as an actor is clueless here on how to handle this hero character offered to him. The confused treatment of the movie affects his performance too. Sunil Sukhada was okay. Salim Kumar in his eccentric form doesn’t really work for the film. Dharmajan as the friend and Malavika Menon as the heroine have very less to do here. One of the villains were absolutely hilarious as his performance as a serious antagonist will make you giggle. Balachandran Chullikkadu, Ambika Mohan, Sivaji Guruvayur, Indrans, Kottayam Naseer and many others are there in characters that you won’t even remember.
The story seems to be of least importance in this movie. In order to make a comedy entertainer, they have tried to stuff in comedy in each and every frame and that just doesn’t work for the movie. The mediocrity level increases unbelievably in the last quarter of the film and I was finding it really difficult to handle the torture. The particular twist in the movie is absolutely lame. The technical aspects like cinematography, editing and music were below average and the art direction was really poor.
If watching a series of skit jokes can entertain you as a viewer, Hello Dubaikkaran would be a bearable cinema. If you are more specific about what a cinema should be, just stay away from this one.
More from reviews
- Ladoo Review: a no harm non-boring entertainer
- Nithya Haritha Nayakan Review: simply a zero plot mess
- Joseph Review: totally engaging even with the flaws
- Oru Kuprasidha Payyan Review: a logically faulty cinema
- Drama Review: script fails to explore the central conflict
- Who Review: watching this amateurish film is a tough task
- Koodasha Review: it has the material to impress you all
- French Viplavam Review: beta version of a good comedy satire
- Johny Johny Yes Appa Review: it offers nothing new
More from boxoffice
- Odiyan Kerala Box Office Collection – Area wise breakup
- Odiyan Worldwide Box Office Report
- Oru Kuprasidha Payyan Box Office Report
- Sarkar Box Office Collection
- Drama Box Office Collection
- Kayamkulam Kochunni Box Office Collection
- Mandharam Box Office Collection
- Chalakkudikkaran Changathi Box Office Collection
- Mangalyam Thanthunanena Box Office Collection
More from News
- Shane Nigam to romance Ann Sheetal in Ishq
- Mohanlal joins the sets of Marakkar: Arabikadalinte Simham
- Mammootty to join the sets of Pathinettam Padi soon
- Lonappante Mammodisa gearing up for a February release
- Mohanlal joins the final schedule of Lucifer in Russia
- Rajisha Vijayan to play the protagonist in the film June
- Mounam Sollum Varthaigal actor dies in an accident
- Biju Menon’s next with G Prajith gets a title
- Its a wrap up for Nivin Pauly starrer Mikhael