Hadiyya review - A flawed preachy drama
Hadiyya, the latest Malayalam movie directed by Unni Pranavam is a torturous experience because of its wayward screenplay that tries to preach the audience with unbearable clichés. With making looking older than what one may call old school, this movie is really hard to sit through.
Sarah was a nun and Brahmah is an architect. He was attracted to Sarah as her character was genuine. The relationship ended up in wedlock when Sarah decided to end her life as a nun to take care of her father. Both of them decides to convert into Islam as a neutral ground and get married. After marriage they have more issues when the couple couldn’t have a baby and the movie basically journey through all these phases of the couple.
You get the sense that this movie is going to test your patience from the very beginning itself. The ultimate labor room cliché is where the movie starts off and from that point to the end I could hear audience mumbling what will be the next scene going to be. Even if you leave the predictability side of it, the writing here is so immature that we won’t even sympathize for the characters in the movie. And the content is too spread out here. Surrogacy is what ultimately drives the plot of the film. And if you analyze the whole film, the entire first half that has religious conversion and fake peripheral praise of all religions leads to some suspicions about the intention of the movie. At one point the movie is even supporting polygamy using parenthood as an excuse.
I don’t know what prompted Mr. Unni Pranavam to cast Nishan and Ragini Nandwani in the lead role. Apart from the filmy looking chocolate couple appearance, there wasn’t anything in these actors that connected with the characters. The dubbing was totally out of sync. Leona Leshoy tries her best to deliver those melodramatic dialogues neatly but fails. Ameer Niyas who usually gets to play silent henchmen kind of roles gets a chance to be a little livelier and it was refreshing to see him in that shade. Apart from these people there isn’t any performance in this movie that could attract you.
Photos: Hadiyya movie stills
Outdated would be the least harsh term I could use to describe the making style of Unni Pranavam. He was an associate of Shaji Kailas and his style did remind me of the Shaji Kailas in his last few movies. The writer Abdul Razak carelessly writes on whatever conflicts he could throw at his protagonists giving zero thoughts on the practicality. Unni Pranavam visualizes religious opposition through a song and you will laugh seeing the “attack”. Sharreth’s music is the only positive of this sloppily edited and photographed film.
Hadiya is cliché in bulk which would be highly difficult for you to adjust with. With certain religious politics of the movie even having a pretentious nature, this preachy drama is a flawed one.
You may like
More from reviews
- Adam Joan review : A watchable thriller
- Pullikkaran Staraa review : a lackluster affair
- Njandukalude Naattil Oridavela Review: a soulful family movie
- Velipadinte Pusthakam Review: a bland movie with poor script
- Oru Visheshapetta BiriyaniKissa Review: It’s not that tasty
- Nawal Enna Jewel Review: a shoddy movie you can forget about
- Karutha Joodhan Review: outdated making is the killjoy here
- Bobby Review : It will test your patience and sense
- Honey Bee 2.5 Review: an inspirational film fails in every way
More from boxoffice
- Njandukalude Nattil Oridavela box office report
- Pullikkaran Staraa Box office Collection Report
- Velipadinte Pusthakam Box office Collection Report
- Vivegam Kerala Box office Collection Report
- Bobby Box office Collection Report
- Thrissivaperoor Kliptham Box office Collection Report
- Chunkzz Box office Collection Report
- Varnyathil Aashanka Box office Collection Report
- Sunday Holiday Box office Collection Report
More from News
- Ahaana Krishna is Tovino Thomas’s love interest in Luca
- Jimikki Kammal fame Sheril to share screen space with Vijay?
- Soubin Shahir’s Parava gets censored and ready for release
- Kunchacko Boban is a leopard hunter in Shikkari Shambu
- Dulquer Salmaan to team up with Anwar Rasheed again?
- Mohanlal’s Drishyam to have a Chinese remake soon?
- Not Mamta Mohandas, its Isha Talwar to star in Ranam
- Is Odiyan a 3D movie? Here is what director has to say
- After conquering Tamil Nadu Jimikki Kammal reaches America