Android Kunjappan Version 5.25 Review: cheerful and engaging
Android Kunjappan Version 5.25 is a movie that will give you a lot of happiness. When you look at the first half of the movie, it may feel like a very peripheral fun exploration of a robot coming into the life of a typical family in Kerala. But the emotional second half that deals with the repercussions of such a scenario gives this movie a unique and strong identity. With actor Suraj Venjaramood delivering an incredible performance, Android Kunjappan Version 5.25 is one movie you shouldn’t miss.
When you think about a concept like this where a robot comes to a rural village in Kerala, the primary guess will be that it will be a comedy entertainer. But Ratheesh Poduval makes sure that it won't end up as a mere situational comedy. He has managed to make a robot character with whom the audience will also have an emotional connect. The movie basically has two topics to address. How over-dependence on technology for everything and anything will affect us and the film also talks about the need for taking care of your parents. Soaked in subtle humor and natural outbursts, these two issues are presented very neatly in Android Kunjappan Version 5.25.
This year seems to be the year of Suraj Venjaramood. After Finals and Vikruthi here come his most exciting role of the year in the form of Bhaskaran. His use of the Kannur slang is impeccable. His body language is so precise. His performance in the movie has given the director the confidence to show his vulnerable moments without any sort of background score. Soubin Shahir may not have mastered the slang effectively, but his acting is nice. Saiju Kurup was extremely funny. Kendy Zirdo as Hitomi was lovely. Rajesh Madhavan, Mala Parvathy, and those Thondimuthalum Driksakshiyum fame actors etc. were also pretty good in their roles.
Android Kunjappan is the most fun I had in theaters after Thanneermathan Dinangal this year. The humor is not generated through elaborate dialogues or those background score aided slapstick jokes. It's just the mumbling counters and looks of the characters that are making us laugh out loud. Ratheesh Poduval knows how to make the people disconnect from the practicality of such a robot. He makes sure that we will only dive into the emotional implications of such an event. The robot is actually like a PK in the Aamir Khan movie. He has no clue about certain emotional aspects and religious reasoning. So the director uses the robot to expose the double standards of human beings. The dialogue about living in the future is really a pertinent one. Sanu John Varghese uses more impactful static frames in this movie to show the disconnect between characters. Bijibal’s songs are really melodious.
Android Kunjappan Version 5.25 is a cheerful and engaging cinema one shouldn’t miss. The movie hooks the audience right from the beginning through humor and then takes them to the emotional phase and the movie will leave a lasting impact on you as a viewer because of the unique and humorous presentation.
More from reviews
- Happy Sardar Review: Kalidas Jayaram, Merin Philip
- Android Kunjappan Version 5.25 Review: cheerful and engaging
- Moothon Review: a moving portrayal of human emotions
- Nalpathiyonnu Review: end result here is a disappointment
- Under World Review: a watchable gangster thriller
- Akashaganga 2 Review: another horror film you can laugh off
- Safe Review: this movie does a disservice to the cause
- Edakkad Battalion 06 Review: movie with a wafer thin concept
- Pranaya Meenukalude Kadal Review: a disappointing experience
More from boxoffice
- Trance box office collection report
- Anjaam Pathiraa Box office Collection Report
- Varane Avashyamund Box office Collection Report
- Ayyappanum Koshiyum Box office Collection Report
- Shylock box office collection report
- Big brother Box office report
- Prathi Poovankozhi Box Office Collection Report
- Valiyaperunnal Box Office Collection Report
- Driving Licence Box Office Collection Report
More from News
- Urvashi pairs up with Dileep in Kesu Ee Veedinte Nadhan
- Joju to team up with Ahammed Khabeer again after June
- Lal to pen script for Lal Jr’s next movie
- Nikhila Vimal added to the cast of Mammootty’s next
- Anu Sithara to pair up with Jayasurya again in Aposthalan
- Here’s the title of Kunchacko Boban - John Paul movie
- Tovino Thomas’s big budget superhero movie starts rolling
- Mammootty to play a priest in his next movie?
- Popular cinematographer Ramachandra Babu passes away