Abhiyude Kadha Anuvinteyum review: a cheesy romantic film
Having an issue that needs to be addressed as the central conflict of a movie is indeed a good thing. But a movie becomes enjoyable and engaging of that is scripted properly and made with conviction. Abhiyude Kadha Anuvinteyum directed by B R Vijayalakshmi is a movie that is filled with cluttered melodrama that annoys you to the core.
Abhi works in a corporate sector and his family is a rich one. Anu is a free bird and she is an online sensation. Within a span of only a few days these two meet, fall in love and got married. An ethical conflict appears in front of them only in after Anu gets pregnant and the movie talks about that conflict and how they deal with that.
The first half of the movie is absurd. The millennial characters of this movie look really shallow and fake. The hastiness in their decision making shows how less the writer and director know this generation. Without any real sense they are diving into a long term relationship and in the second half when the mother of the hero, who on the first place blessed the couple, criticizes them for the rashness. And to add more to the peripheral exploration, the heroine here is like the pinnacle of kindness and goodness.
Tovino Thomas has tried his best to make the proceedings look real. The first half was sort of okay in terms of his performance, but in the second half everything becomes so unreal, even Tovino struggles. Pia Bajpai’s performance is loud and cringe-worthy. Suhasini, Rohini and Prabhu appears in important roles, but they have hardly anything there to perform.
BR Vijayalakshmi, the director of this movie is the first woman cinematographer from Asia. The film making taste of Vijayalakshmi is sadly old school with no real interest in being authentic in scene creation or in being technically perfect. The film shot becomes a mobile clip and the shot of one person taking a selfie becomes the selfie are certain lame mistakes one can easily spot in this film. Like I said the millennial perception of the screenplay writer Uday Mahesh is very peripheral and honestly it’s tough to sit through a story that doesn’t give a sensibility to characters. Cinematography of the movie is disappointing considering two facts, the director is a cinematographer and Santosh Sivan is an executive producer of the film. The music wasn’t that great either.
Abhiyude Kadha Anuvinteyum is for those people who might still watch some of the old cheesy romantic films with melodrama and sentimental dialogues. Here, BR Vijayalakshmi applies these ingredients to a story that doesn’t take any effort to make its protagonists real and sensible.
More from reviews
- Njan Marykutty Review: a story that needs to be told
- Abhiyude Kadha Anuvinteyum review: a cheesy romantic film
- Kuttanpillayude Sivarathri review: a complete package
- Premasoothram review: it has the vibe of an engaging folklore
- Naam movie review - a watchable campus flick
- Kaamuki review - strictly for the masala flick lovers
- BTech Review: weak screenplay made this a clumsy one
- Ee Ma Yau Review: this movie would leave you spellbound
- Chanakyathanthram review: a crass one to sit through
More from boxoffice
- Njan Marykutty Box Office Collection
- Kaala Box Office Collection
- Mahanati Kerala Box Office Collection
- B Tech Box Office Collection
- Ente Peru Surya Ente Veedu India Kerala Box Office Collection
- Avengers: Infinity War Kerala Box Office Collection
- Ee.Ma.Yau Box Office Collection
- Aravindante Athidhikal Box Office Collection
- Thobama Box Office Collection
More from News
- Aparna Balamurali to share screen space with Kunchacko Boban
- Tovino Thomas’s Maradona release pushed to another date
- Amal Neerad – Fahadh Faasil movie finally gets a title
- Pranav Mohanlal to play a key role in Mohanlal’s next
- Haneef Adeni to direct Nivin Pauly in his next
- Mohanlal announces the title of his next with Ranjith
- Prabhu to share screen space with Mohanlal after a hiatus
- Queen fame Saniya Iyappan roped in for Mohanlal’s Lucifer?
- John Paul George’s Ambili starts rolling in Idukki