Top 7 most underrated Malayalam movie songs of 2016
Many awesome Malayalam movie songs of 2016 gone underrated because they did not get the audience they deserved. Here is the list of seven beautiful, yet underappreciated Malayalam songs of the year 2016.
1. Vinnil Theliyum
‘Vinnil Theliyum Meghame’ from the movie PaVa is one of the best Malayalam melody songs of this year. One another song ‘Podi Meesa Mulaykana Kalam’ from the same movie was a chartbuster, but this beautiful song went unnoticed. Vijay Yesudas & Aparna Balamurali have sung this song. Its lyrics were written by Suku Damodar and composed by Anand Madhusoodanan.
Poovithalai sung by K. S. Chithra for the Mammootty starrer Thoppil Joppan is a beautiful Christian devotional song. The magical voice of K. S. Chithra takes the song to the next level. However, the song written by Rafeeq Ahamed and composed by the king of melodies Vidyasagar did not get the recognition it deserves.
3. Sruthi Cherumo
Sruthi Cherumo from the movie Kamboji is a heart touching melody song with a classical touch, sung by the celestial singer K. J. Yesudas. The song was written by renowned poet O. N. V. Kurup and composed by award-winning music director M. Jayachandran. Kamboji starring Vineeth and Lakshmi Gopalaswamy in lead roles is written and directed by Vinod Mankara.
4. Nira Puthariyil
Nira Puthariyil is a wonderful devotional song from the Malayalam movie Vedham directed by Prasad Yadav. The song was composed and sung by veteran musician M. G. Sreekumar. The movie features Siddique, Saikumar, Jagadish, Sunil Sukhada, Sanjay Menon and Saniya Iyyappan among others in lead roles.
5. Oonjalilaadi Vanna
Oonjalilaadi Vanna sung by Chinmayi is a heart melting song from the movie Action Hero Biju directed by Abrid Shine. Since the makers did not release the official video song, the song went unnoticed. The lyrics were written by Santhosh Varma and the music was done by Jerry Amaldev. The movie stars Nivin Pauly, Anu Emmanuel and Suraj Venjaramoodu.
6. Puthiyoru Sooryan
Puthiyoru Sooryan from the movie Kolumittayi is a beautiful song that evokes nostalgic feelings. The lyrics were penned by Harinarayanan BK and the song was composed by Sreeraj Sahajan. The absence of big names in the star cast of Kolumittayi may be the reason why this song went unnoticed. Puthiyoru Sooryan was sung by Rithwik S Chand.
7. Thaniye Mizhikal Thulumbiyo
Thaniye Mizhikal Thulumbiyo is a criminally underrated soulful song from the movie Guppy directed by Johnpaul George. But the sad thing is that neither the movie nor the songs got the acclamation it deserves. Music was composed by Vishnu Vijay and lyrics were penned by Vinayak Sasikumar. The song was awesomely sung by Sooraj Santhosh.
For Updates like us
More from blogs
- Madhura Raja vs. Lucifer: Opening day collection comparison
- Highest grossing South Indian movies at UAE - GCC Box Office
- Highest grossing Malayalam movies at Karnataka Box Office
- Odiyan vs. Lucifer: Opening day collection comparison
- Most anticipated Malayalam movies of 2019
- Malayalam Movies 2018: Major disappointments
- Highest grossing Malayalam films at Trivandrum Multiplexes
- Highest grossing Malayalam movies at US Box office 2018
- Year End Review - Best Malayalam Movies of 2018
More from boxoffice
- Shubharathri Box Office Collection
- Pathinettam Padi Box Office Collection
- Kakshi: Amminippilla Box Office Collection
- Luca Box Office Collection
- And the Oskar Goes To Box Office Collection
- Unda Box Office Collection Report
- Virus Box Office Collection Report
- Uyare Box Office Collection Report
- Oru Yamandan Premakadha Box Office Collection
More from News
- Dulquer Salmaan, Sunny Wayne to team up once again
- Surya TV bags the rights of two biggies back to back
- Lijo Jose Pellissery’s Jallikattu gets a release date?
- Dileep’s next with Major Ravi to be shot in Kashmir?
- Vinayan’s Aakasha Ganga 2 release pushed to October
- Manju Warrier to team up with Rosshan Andrrews again
- Aashiq Abu to do a gangster movie with Mammootty
- Joju George to share screen space with Dhanush soon?
- Indian cricketer Ashwin is all praise for Kumbalangi Nights