Top 7 most underrated Malayalam movie songs of 2016
Many awesome Malayalam movie songs of 2016 gone underrated because they did not get the audience they deserved. Here is the list of seven beautiful, yet underappreciated Malayalam songs of the year 2016.
1. Vinnil Theliyum
‘Vinnil Theliyum Meghame’ from the movie PaVa is one of the best Malayalam melody songs of this year. One another song ‘Podi Meesa Mulaykana Kalam’ from the same movie was a chartbuster, but this beautiful song went unnoticed. Vijay Yesudas & Aparna Balamurali have sung this song. Its lyrics were written by Suku Damodar and composed by Anand Madhusoodanan.
Poovithalai sung by K. S. Chithra for the Mammootty starrer Thoppil Joppan is a beautiful Christian devotional song. The magical voice of K. S. Chithra takes the song to the next level. However, the song written by Rafeeq Ahamed and composed by the king of melodies Vidyasagar did not get the recognition it deserves.
3. Sruthi Cherumo
Sruthi Cherumo from the movie Kamboji is a heart touching melody song with a classical touch, sung by the celestial singer K. J. Yesudas. The song was written by renowned poet O. N. V. Kurup and composed by award-winning music director M. Jayachandran. Kamboji starring Vineeth and Lakshmi Gopalaswamy in lead roles is written and directed by Vinod Mankara.
4. Nira Puthariyil
Nira Puthariyil is a wonderful devotional song from the Malayalam movie Vedham directed by Prasad Yadav. The song was composed and sung by veteran musician M. G. Sreekumar. The movie features Siddique, Saikumar, Jagadish, Sunil Sukhada, Sanjay Menon and Saniya Iyyappan among others in lead roles.
5. Oonjalilaadi Vanna
Oonjalilaadi Vanna sung by Chinmayi is a heart melting song from the movie Action Hero Biju directed by Abrid Shine. Since the makers did not release the official video song, the song went unnoticed. The lyrics were written by Santhosh Varma and the music was done by Jerry Amaldev. The movie stars Nivin Pauly, Anu Emmanuel and Suraj Venjaramoodu.
6. Puthiyoru Sooryan
Puthiyoru Sooryan from the movie Kolumittayi is a beautiful song that evokes nostalgic feelings. The lyrics were penned by Harinarayanan BK and the song was composed by Sreeraj Sahajan. The absence of big names in the star cast of Kolumittayi may be the reason why this song went unnoticed. Puthiyoru Sooryan was sung by Rithwik S Chand.
7. Thaniye Mizhikal Thulumbiyo
Thaniye Mizhikal Thulumbiyo is a criminally underrated soulful song from the movie Guppy directed by Johnpaul George. But the sad thing is that neither the movie nor the songs got the acclamation it deserves. Music was composed by Vishnu Vijay and lyrics were penned by Vinayak Sasikumar. The song was awesomely sung by Sooraj Santhosh.
For Updates like us
More from blogs
- Malayalam Movies 2018: Major disappointments
- Highest grossing Malayalam films at Trivandrum Multiplexes
- Highest grossing Malayalam movies at US Box office 2018
- Year End Review - Best Malayalam Movies of 2018
- Actors with most 30 Crore movies at Kerala Box Office
- Christmas Movies 2018: Who is the real winner?
- Top 7 Malayalam movies with highest fans show count
- 5 reasons why Odiyan might set a new benchmark in Mollywood
- Malayalam Onam movies 2018 - Here’s what to expect
More from boxoffice
- Vijay Superum Pournamiyum Box Office Collection
- Viswasam Kerala Box Office Collection
- Petta Kerala Box Office Collection
- Thattumpurathu Achuthan Box Office Collection
- Ente Ummante Peru Box Office Collection
- Pretham 2 Box Office Collection Report
- Njan Prakashan Box Office Collection Report
- Joseph Box Office Collection
- Odiyan Kerala Box Office Collection – Area wise breakup
More from News
- Sunny Leone to share screen space with Mammootty
- Parvathy to play the protagonist in Sidhartha Siva’s next
- Actor Anoop Menon is all set to don director’s hat
- Mamta Mohandas replaces Manju Warrier in Joju George’s next
- Veteran Malayalam filmmaker Lenin Rajendran passes away
- Ranjith to team up with Mammootty again after Puthan Panam
- Neeraj Madhav is all set to make his directorial debut
- Kalyani Priyadarshan wraps up Marakkar - Arabikadalinte Simham
- Renji Panicker to pen the script of Jeethu Joseph’s next