Remembering Jayan, the indisputable Malayalam superstar
There might have been many superstars in Malayalam before and after Jayan, but the reality is, no one could occupy the golden throne left by Jayan, even in the dream. He is a phenomenal actor who brought the trend of machismo into the Malayalam film industry. He literally ruled the Malayalam film industry in late 1970s and attained a real life superhero image through his astonishing stunt skills and unique dialogues, which received thunderous response at theatres. It is no surprise that, his films Sharapancharam and Angadi were become the highest grossers in the years 1979 and 1980 respectively. Here we are presenting the list of five Jayan movies you should not miss.
Angadi is a movie in which, Jayan stirred the audience with his firebrand dialogues. The most famous monologue from this movie, “maybe we are poor, coolies, trolley pullers, but we are not beggars!”, is still powerful to make audience applause. The songs in the movie including “Kannum Kannum” and “Paavada Venam" were chartbusters.
2. Etho Oru Swapnam
V.V. Swami from the movie Etho Oru Swapnam is undoubtedly one of the best performances ever delivered by Jayan. He has handled the role of a godly man in the movie with much ease. The movie is an adaptation of the popular novel Bhikshamdehi written by K Surendran. Etho Oru Swapnam is directed by Sreekumaran Thampi.
Chandrasekharan from the movie Sharapancharam is one of the most memorable characters of Jayan. The movie helps him a lot to achieve the position of the superstar in the Malayalam film industry. Sharapancharam broke all the collection records of the time and became an industry hit. The movie is written and directed by master director Hariharan.
4. Achaaram Ammini Osharam Omana
Achaaram Ammini Osharam Omana is light-hearted movie directed by popular actor Adoor Bhasi. The performance of Jayan in this movie along with Prem Nazir was cool. Even though the movie is not a super hit at the box office, it was a good movie filled with funny dialogues and one-liners.
Kolilakkam, the last movie acted by the actor. As we all know, Jayan was killed in a fatal helicopter accident that happened during the shooting of the climax portion of the movie Kolilakkam. As the name of the movie suggests that news creates a shockwave in Kerala. Kolilakkam directed by P. N. Sundaram was a super hit at the Kerala box office.
For Updates like us
More from blogs
- Highest Grossing Indian Movies at UAE – GCC Box Office
- Madhura Raja vs. Lucifer: Opening day collection comparison
- Highest grossing South Indian movies at UAE - GCC Box Office
- Highest grossing Malayalam movies at Karnataka Box Office
- Odiyan vs. Lucifer: Opening day collection comparison
- Most anticipated Malayalam movies of 2019
- Malayalam Movies 2018: Major disappointments
- Highest grossing Malayalam films at Trivandrum Multiplexes
- Highest grossing Malayalam movies at US Box office 2018
More from boxoffice
- Trance box office collection report
- Anjaam Pathiraa Box office Collection Report
- Varane Avashyamund Box office Collection Report
- Ayyappanum Koshiyum Box office Collection Report
- Shylock box office collection report
- Big brother Box office report
- Prathi Poovankozhi Box Office Collection Report
- Valiyaperunnal Box Office Collection Report
- Driving Licence Box Office Collection Report
More from News
- Urvashi pairs up with Dileep in Kesu Ee Veedinte Nadhan
- Joju to team up with Ahammed Khabeer again after June
- Lal to pen script for Lal Jr’s next movie
- Nikhila Vimal added to the cast of Mammootty’s next
- Anu Sithara to pair up with Jayasurya again in Aposthalan
- Here’s the title of Kunchacko Boban - John Paul movie
- Tovino Thomas’s big budget superhero movie starts rolling
- Mammootty to play a priest in his next movie?
- Popular cinematographer Ramachandra Babu passes away