Onam 2017 releases who is the real winner?
Onam is the most demanding season for all Malayalam movies. All the movies will be the talking points in this season. Having 2 big Ms releases in this Onam festival added more spice to the box office race this time. The movies which are part of this race are Pullikkaran Staraa, Velipadinte Pusthakam, Adam Joan and Njandukalude Naattil Oru Idavela. Here we are analyzing the movies as per its quality to know who is the real winner.
1. Pullikkaran Staara
Shyamdhar directed Megastar movie Pullikkaran Staara also failed to impress a true movie goer. The glamour of Mammootty is the only thing this movie has utilized. The movie barely has anything that can be called as mature and caricature nature in characters and situations ruining almost everything, this movie has nothing to offer. As per the box office, the movie has picked up well after initial dull days. But this movie never amuses you as a real movie lover.
Rating - 1.5 out of 5
2. Velipadinte Pusthakam
The much-awaited movie, Velipadinte Pusthakam, has opened at the box office with great expectation. But the movie really disappoints the audience as the expectation was very high. The kind of enthusiasm and ingredients one would expect in a commercial movie directed by Lal Jose and with Mohanlal in the lead role is not there in Velipadinte Pusthakam. In a butt numbing 160 minutes, the movie occasionally slips into boredom. Even though the movie is making money at the box office, poor script and its execution make this movie a below average one.
Rating - 2.0 out of 5
3. Adam Joan
Prithviraj's emotional thriller, directed by Jinu Abraham is an average movie which can be watchable one time. Script writer turned director Jinu has done a fair job in the depiction of what he has been imagined for the plot of this movie. The thriller aspect of Adam Joan isn’t completely satisfying. But the emotional bond of the movie has enough strength to make it a watchable one. It is one of those “could have been better” movies. The movie has got less collection when compared to other big releases, but the movie stands a step above than the big Ms movie.
Rating - 2.5 out of 5
4. Njandukalude Idavela
The real winner of this Onam is this small film directed by the new comer Altaaf Salim starring. Nivin Pauly in lead role Realistic treatment and the soulful story makes this family movie a really enjoyable entertainer. The movie creates a space through the characters and conveys something emotional to the audience in a limited period of time. It is a real shame that the movie has not received much attention as it is supposed to get.
Rating - 3.5 out of 5
You may like
For Updates like us
More from blogs
- 5 reasons to watch Aadhi
- Most awaited Malayalam movies of 2018
- Highest Paid Mollywood Actress 2017 - 18, Salary of Malayalam actresses
- Highest Paid Mollywood Actor 2017 - 18, Salary of Malayalam actors
- Highest grossing Malayalam movies at Kerala Box-office 2017
- Box-office performance scorecard of Malayalam actors 2017
- Best Malayalam Actress in 2017 - Year End Review
- Best Malayalam Actor in 2017 - Year End Review
- Best Malayalam Movies of 2017 - Year End Review
More from boxoffice
- Kalyanam Box office collection report
- Captain Box office collection report
- Street Lights box office collection report
- Aadhi box office collection report
- Shikkari Shambhu box office collection report
- Carbon box office collection report
- Daivame Kaithozham K Kumarakanam box office collection report
- Queen box office collection report
- Eeda box office collection report
More from News
- Mayaanadhi fame Aishwarya Lekshmi to pair up with Fahadh
- Mohanlal – Ajoy Varma team’s Neerali gets a release date
- Nivin Pauly’s Love Action Drama shooting postponed
- Nora Fatehi to do an item number in Kayamkulam Kochunni
- Indrans’s Aalorukkam to hit the screens on March 23
- Vishnu Unnikrishnan to play the lead in Lijin Jose’s next
- Wow! Mammootty’s Kottayam Kunjachan is getting a sequel
- Young actor Neeraj Madhav to enter wedlock next month
- Dileep to pair up with Urvashi for Nadirshah’s next