Most anticipated Malayalam movies of 2019
There are a handful of good Malayalam movies, in different genres including sci-fi thrillers, period dramas, real-life inspired stories, etc. are slated to be released over the next 12 months. Take a look at the list of most anticipated Malayalam movies of 2019, start marking your calendar now.
Lucifer, is one of the most anticipated movies of the year due to various reasons. And the major reason is, obviously, Prithviraj Sukumaran, one of the long-visioned young actors is making his directorial debut with the movie, with Mohanlal as the protagonist. The movie, scripted by Murali Gopy, has an exemplary star cast that includes Indrajith Sukumaran, Vivek Oberoi, Tovino Thomas, Manju Warrier, Saniya Iyappan, Kalabhavan Shajon, Sai Kumar and director Fazil.
Anwar Rasheed is one of a few directors in Malayalam who has 100% success rate. Trance, starring talented actor Fahadh Faasil in the lead role, will be the fifth feature film of Anwar after a gap of 7 years. The star cast of the movie includes Vedhika, Alphonse Puthren, Vinayakan, Soubin Shahir and Sreenath Bhasi. The technical crew of the movie includes cinematographer Amal Neerad and the Oscar winning sound designer Resul Pookkutty.
Science fiction is one of the least explored genres in Malayalam film industry. Prithviraj Sukumaran starrer 9, the movie which also launches his new production company Prithviraj Productions, falls in to that genre. The trailer of the movie, released recently, was highly promising and it assures that we can expect a movie that matches international quality. It is scripted and directed by Jenuse Mohammad, son of veteran director Kamal.
4. Marakkar: Arabikadalinte Simham
Ace director Priyadarshan has proved his potential to direct historical films with the 1996 movie Kaalapani. He is again directing a historical movie, Marakkar: Arabikadalinte Simham, based on the life of Kunjali Marakkar IV, the Muslim naval chief of the Zamorin of Calicut. It has a stellar star cast comprising of Arjun, Pranav Mohanlal, Madhu, Suniel Shetty, Keerthy Suresh, Manju Warrier, Kalyani Priyadarshan, Pooja Kumar and Mukesh
Nivin Pauly starrer Moothon, which mark the directorial debut of actress turned filmmaker Geethu Mohandas in Mollywood, is a bilingual film made in Malayalam and Hindi languages. Hindi screenplay of the movie is penned by none other than the National award winning Bollywood director Anurag Kashyap. The big-budget movie is all about the journey of Mullakoya from Lakshadweep to find Akbar, his long lost elder brother.
Uyare, scripted by superhit duo Bobby - Sanjay and directed by Manu Ashokan, who was the former associate of late director Rajesh Pillai, follows the inspiring life of an acid attack survivor. Talented actress Parvathy Thiruvothu plays the lead role in the movie, which also features Tovino Thomas and Asif Ali in significant roles. A motion poster of the movie, released recently was really promising and hope we can expect a movie with pan-Indian appeal.
With a few movies, Lijo Jose Pellissery has proved himself to be one of the most talented directors ever witnessed by the Malayalam film industry. His next movie, titled as Jallikattu, starring state award winning actor Vinayakan, is based on the short story Maoist, penned by S Hareesh of Meesha fame. Reportedly, the satirical movie discusses Maoist ideology and one person’s right to freedom from the point of view of two buffaloes.
Apart from these, movies like Aashiq Abu’s Virus, Mammootty starrer Unda, Vinayakan starrer Thottappan, Kumbalangi Nights etc. are highly promising. We are not sure whether movies including Maamaankam and Aadu Jeevitham will be released this year itself.
For Updates like us
More from blogs
- Madhura Raja vs. Lucifer: Opening day collection comparison
- Highest grossing South Indian movies at UAE - GCC Box Office
- Highest grossing Malayalam movies at Karnataka Box Office
- Odiyan vs. Lucifer: Opening day collection comparison
- Malayalam Movies 2018: Major disappointments
- Highest grossing Malayalam films at Trivandrum Multiplexes
- Highest grossing Malayalam movies at US Box office 2018
- Year End Review - Best Malayalam Movies of 2018
- Actors with most 30 Crore movies at Kerala Box Office
More from boxoffice
- Jack & Daniel Box Office Collection Report
- Android Kunjappan Version 5.25 Box Office Collection Report
- Adhyarathri Box Office Collection Report
- Bigil Kerala Box Office Collection
- Jallikattu Box Office Collection - Lijo Jose Pellissery
- Manoharam Box Office Collection - Vineeth Sreenivasan
- Ganagandharvan Box Office Collection - Mammootty
- Kaappaan Box Office Collection
- Brother’s Day Box Office Collection
More from News
- Official: Vineeth Sreenivasan’s next is with Pranav Mohanlal
- Arjun Das replaces Antony Varghese on Thalapathy 64
- IFFI 2019: Lijo Jose bags best director award again
- Manju Warrier to share screen space with Mammootty
- Antony Varghese’s next is a campus movie
- Nivin Pauly to team up with Rosshan Andrrews again
- Biju Menon and Domin D’Silva to team up for Maatti
- Dileep - Raffi team’s next gets an international title
- Harisree Asokan to play the lead in Jayaraj’s next