Mollywood celebrities who started their career as TV actors
Even though TV serials are closely related to cinema, many serial actors won’t get a chance to appear in movies and vice versa. Here is the list of Malayalam movie actors who started their career as TV actors.
1. Biju Menon
Many of us don’t know the fact that, Biju Menon, was once a television serial actor. He started his acting career with notable TV serials like Mikhayelinte Santhathikal and Parudeesayilekulla Patha. Interestingly his movie debut, Puthran, directed by Jude Attippetti, was a sequel to Mikhayelinte Santhathikal. Later, he became a mainstream actor by playing important roles in movies like Mannar Mathai Speaking and Aadyathe Kanmani.
2. Anoop Menon
After hosting some programs in Kairali TV and Surya TV, Anoop Menon stepped into acting by playing important roles in daily soaps like Swapnam, Megham, and Radhamadhavam. Then he forayed into Mollywood by playing lead role in the 2002 movie Kattuchembakam alongside Jayasurya. Apart from acting, Anoop Menon has put his talent on various fields including screenwriting and songwriting.
3. Namitha Pramod
Namitha Pramod has started her acting career, when she was just 12 years old, by playing divine characters like Velankanni Mathavu and Devi in TV serials. Later, she played an important role in the super hit serial Ente Manasa Puthri aired by Asianet. Her movie debut was Traffic directed by Rajesh Pillai and the first movie in which she played lead role was Puthiya Theerangal directed by Sathyan Anthikad.
4. Hareesh Peradi
Talented actor Hareesh Peradi, who impressed us all by playing Kaitheri Sahadevan remarkably in the 2013 movie Left Right Left, has started his journey as a screen actor by playing prominent roles in TV serials. His popular serials are Sreeguruvayoorappan, Bhamini Tholkarilla, and Kunjali Marakkar. He is a popular theatre artist too. He made his movie debut through Balachandra Menon’s De Ingottu Nokkiye.
5. Asha Sarath
After achieving fame as a classical dancer, Asha Sarath marched into mini-screens by playing Prof Jayanthi in Kunkumappoovu, a superhit TV serial aired by Asianet and this paved way for her glorious movie journey. She made her movie debut with Friday directed by Lijin Jose. Interestingly, she has won both Asianet television awards for best actress and Asianet film awards for best actress.
6. Suresh Krishna
Prominent actor Suresh Krishna too has started his acting career through TV serials. He has played important characters in various serials aired by Doordarshan and Asianet and has got a wide appreciation for playing the legendary Thiruvalluvar in a Tamil serial. He made his debut in Mollywood with the movie Chamayam directed by Bharathan.
7. Balaji Sarma
Even though Balaji Sarma has started his television career as a host, after quitting his job in Indian Airforce, he is more popular as an actor. He has played prominent roles in daily soaps such as Alakal, Ammakkili and Kayamkulam Kochunni. In 2012, Balaji made his movie debut by playing a significant role in the acclaimed movie Ozhimuri. Since then he has appeared in notable movies like Drishyam, Memories and Amar Akbar Anthony.
You may like
For Updates like us
More from blogs
- Highest grossing Malayalam movies at the USA box-office 2017
- Highest grossers of Tamil superstars at Kerala box-office
- 5 Malayalam actors who started well but soon faded
- Top 10 longest running Malayalam movies of 2017
- Highest grossing Malayalam movies at Aries Plex Trivandrum
- 6 most anticipated upcoming Malayalam sequel movies
- Malayalam actors who secured state award for their debut movie
- 5 Brilliant performances by so-called mediocre Malayalam actors
- 5 reasons to watch Mohanlal's Villain
More from boxoffice
- Goodalochana box office collection report
- Aakashamittayee box office collection report
- Villain Box office collection report
- Kaattu box office collection report
- Mersal Kerala Box office Collection Report
- LavaKusha box office collection report
- Solo box office collection report
- Sherlock Toms box office collection report
- Tharangam box office collection report
More from News
- Masterpiece fame Ajai Vasudev to team up with Dileep
- I’m not directing Kumbalangi Nights, says Dileesh Pothan
- Kalpana's daughter Sreesankhya to make her acting debut
- Amala’s reaction to the Kayamkulam Kochunni cast change
- This actress replaced Amala Paul in Kayamkulam Kochunni
- Siddharth completes his portions for Kammara Sambhavam
- Anoop Menon, Unni Mukundan team’s next gets a title
- Ineya has been roped in to play Mammootty’s wife in Parole
- Nimisha Sajayan pairs up with Tovino for Madhupal’s next