Mollywood actors with most number of 50 Crore movies
The market value of Malayalam movies is increasing year by year. Still, there is only one Malayalam movie in the 100 Crore club. However, 50 Crores gross collection is somewhat achievable one for Malayalam movies, if the movie is good. Till now, nine Malayalam films have crossed the 50-Crore mark at the box-office. Here is the list of Mollywood actors who have bagged most number of 50 Crore movies.
In the Malayalam film industry, the complete actor Mohanlal has most number of movies in the prestigious 50 Crore club. He has five Malayalam movies and one Telugu movie in the list. His movie Drishyam, directed by Jeethu Joseph, was the first Malayalam movie to enter the 50 Crore club. Remarkably, he is the only Malayalam actor with a movie in the 100 Crore club. Interestingly, Odiyan, which opened with neagtive reviews, is the fastest movie to enter the 50 Crore club.
|Janata Garage (Telugu)||145 Crores|
2. Prithviraj Sukumaran
Prithviraj Sukumaran, the actor who consistently delivers good movies, features second on the list with two movies in the 50 Crore club. His movie Ennu Ninte Moideen directed by R. S. Vimal was the third Malayalam movie to enter the 50 Crore club. His recent release Ezra directed by Jay K also managed to collect more than 50 Crores from the box office.
|Ennu Ninte Moideen||60+ Crores|
3. Nivin Pauly
Nivin Pauly, who is often referred to as a young superstar, has one 50 Crore movie in his list. His movie Premam, which was a trendsetter once, is the second Malayalam movie to enter the 50 Crore club. Probably, it could have become the first 100 Crore movie of Malayalam, if the censor copy of the movie wasn’t leaked. In 2018, the grand budget movie Kayamkulam Kochunni also has entered the 50 Crore club.
|Kayamkulam Kochunni||55 Crores*|
Janapriya Nayakan Dileep’s Two Countries is the first movie of him to enter the 50 Crore club. The movie, scripted by Rafi and directed by Shafi, was one of the highest grossing movies of the year 2015. In 2017, the total worldwide business Ramaleela also has crossed the 50 Crore mark.
|Two Countries||55 Crore|
Megastar Mammootty made his stylish entry to the 50 Crore club with the movie The Great Father directed by debutant Haneef Adeni. The movie is jointly produced by Prithviraj Sukumaran, Shaji Nadesan, Santosh Sivan and Arya under the banner of August Cinema. Interestingly, The Great Father is the fastest Malayalam movie to cross 20 Crore mark.
|The Great Father||50 Crores|
For Updates like us
More from blogs
- Malayalam Movies 2018: Major disappointments
- Highest grossing Malayalam films at Trivandrum Multiplexes
- Highest grossing Malayalam movies at US Box office 2018
- Year End Review - Best Malayalam Movies of 2018
- Actors with most 30 Crore movies at Kerala Box Office
- Christmas Movies 2018: Who is the real winner?
- Top 7 Malayalam movies with highest fans show count
- 5 reasons why Odiyan might set a new benchmark in Mollywood
- Malayalam Onam movies 2018 - Here’s what to expect
More from boxoffice
- Kodathi Samaksham Balan Vakeel Box Office Collection
- Oru Adaar Love Box Office Collection
- Lonappante Mammodisa Box Office Collection
- 9 Box Office Collection
- Kumbalangi Nights Box Office Collection
- Allu Ramendran Box Office Collection
- Peranbu Box Office Collection
- Irupathiyonnaam Noottaandu Box Office Collection
- Neeyum Njanum Box Office
More from News
- Lucifer to be released in over 1500 theatres worldwide
- Fahadh Faasil plays a pastor in Anwar Rasheed’s Trance
- Bhadran is all set to make a comeback with a Soubin starrer
- Rajisha Vijayan to pair up with Niranj for a sports drama
- Dileep – Anu Sithara team’s ShubhaRathri goes on floors
- Anwar Rasheed turns producer again with Valiya Perunnal
- Kannan Thamarakkulam to team up with Jayaram again
- Prithviraj – Shajon team’s Brother’s Day goes on floors
- Tovino Thomas to direct Sreenivasan in his next movie!