Mollywood actors with most number of 50 Crore movies
The market value of Malayalam movies is increasing year by year. Still, there is only one Malayalam movie in the 100 Crore club. However, 50 Crores gross collection is somewhat achievable one for Malayalam movies, if the movie is good. Till now, nine Malayalam films have crossed the 50-Crore mark at the box-office. Here is the list of Mollywood actors who have bagged most number of 50 Crore movies.
In the Malayalam film industry, the complete actor Mohanlal has most number of movies in the prestigious 50 Crore club. He has five Malayalam movies and one Telugu movie in the list. His movie Drishyam, directed by Jeethu Joseph, was the first Malayalam movie to enter the 50 Crore club. Remarkably, he is the only Malayalam actor with a movie in the 100 Crore club. Interestingly, Odiyan, which opened with neagtive reviews, is the fastest movie to enter the 50 Crore club.
|Janata Garage (Telugu)||145 Crores|
2. Prithviraj Sukumaran
Prithviraj Sukumaran, the actor who consistently delivers good movies, features second on the list with two movies in the 50 Crore club. His movie Ennu Ninte Moideen directed by R. S. Vimal was the third Malayalam movie to enter the 50 Crore club. His recent release Ezra directed by Jay K also managed to collect more than 50 Crores from the box office.
|Ennu Ninte Moideen||60+ Crores|
3. Nivin Pauly
Nivin Pauly, who is often referred to as a young superstar, has one 50 Crore movie in his list. His movie Premam, which was a trendsetter once, is the second Malayalam movie to enter the 50 Crore club. Probably, it could have become the first 100 Crore movie of Malayalam, if the censor copy of the movie wasn’t leaked. In 2018, the grand budget movie Kayamkulam Kochunni also has entered the 50 Crore club.
|Kayamkulam Kochunni||55 Crores*|
Janapriya Nayakan Dileep’s Two Countries is the first movie of him to enter the 50 Crore club. The movie, scripted by Rafi and directed by Shafi, was one of the highest grossing movies of the year 2015. In 2017, the total worldwide business Ramaleela also has crossed the 50 Crore mark.
|Two Countries||55 Crore|
Megastar Mammootty made his stylish entry to the 50 Crore club with the movie The Great Father directed by debutant Haneef Adeni. The movie is jointly produced by Prithviraj Sukumaran, Shaji Nadesan, Santosh Sivan and Arya under the banner of August Cinema. Interestingly, The Great Father is the fastest Malayalam movie to cross 20 Crore mark.
|The Great Father||50 Crores|
You may like
For Updates like us
More from blogs
- Lesser Known First Appearance of Popular Malayalam Actors
- Highest Grossing Indian Movies at UAE – GCC Box Office
- Madhura Raja vs. Lucifer: Opening day collection comparison
- Highest grossing South Indian movies at UAE - GCC Box Office
- Highest grossing Malayalam movies at Karnataka Box Office
- Odiyan vs. Lucifer: Opening day collection comparison
- Most anticipated Malayalam movies of 2019
- Malayalam Movies 2018: Major disappointments
- Highest grossing Malayalam films at Trivandrum Multiplexes
More from boxoffice
- Nayattu Box office Collection Report
- Chathurmukham box office collection report
- One box office collection report
- Kala box office collection report
- The Priest Box office Collection Report
- Forensic Box office collection report
- Trance box office collection report
- Anjaam Pathiraa Box office Collection Report
- Varane Avashyamund Box office Collection Report
More from News
- Suraj Venjarumood’s brother step into acting
- Kho Kho will be Vishu release
- Ula‘s first look poster released
- Royals Captain sent gifts to Malayalam actors
- The Priest to be released in OTT Platform
- Prithviraj starring Kaduva's shooting suspended
- Suresh Gopi's Kaaval release date is fixed
- Lalbagh release announcement - Teaser coming soon
- Appreciation to The Great Indian Kitchen from Rani Mukherjee