Malayalam film actresses and their daughters in film
1. Menaka and Keerthi:
Menaka was one of the leading actress of Malayalam in 1980-87. Her daughter Keerthi Suresh is now into movies. Keerthi debuted as a child artist in Dileep starrer film 'Kuberan' and later on she became his heroine in 'Ringmaster'. Keerthi looks more like her mother.
2. Lakshmi and Aishwarya:
Lakshmi’s mother Kumari Rukhmini was a Tamil actress, whose mother Nungambakkam Janaki was also an actress. Her daughter Aishwarya is also a film actress who acted in all South languages. Lakshmi married thrice and her daughter Lakshmi was born to her first husband Bhaskar.
3. Prema Menon and Shobha:
Prema who acted in few films as supporting and mother roles during 1960’s and 70’s, committed suicide. Shoba is her daughter who also took her life on a piece of rope. Shobha won the National Film Award at the age of 17.
4. Poornima Bhagyaraj and Saranya:
Poornima Bhagyaraj was one of the top actresses of 1980’s. She came in Malayalam films with Superstar Mohanlal. Her daughter Saranya is also an actress who acted in very few movies and she got the lucky chance to romance Mohanlal in a movie.
5. Seema and Anu:
Seema had acted in more than 250 films. The actress was one of the top leading actresses of Malayalam during 70’s and 80’s. Her only daughter Anu Milan also had acted in a film ‘Symphony’, which did not get much attention at the box office.
6. Ramadevi and Kripa:
Ramadevi is a Malayalam actress who acted in many films in supporting roles. Her daughter Kripa is also a film actress. Kripa acted in supporting and female lead roles in some films. She came into films as child artist and the role in her debut film ‘Chinthavishtayaya Shyamala’ was very much noticed.
7. Sumithra, Uma and Nakshatra:
Sumithra is better known for her roles as mother in many films. She acted in many films and her two daughters, Uma and Nakshatra, are into films. Uma is best known for her role as lead actress in ‘Kuberan’. She got married in the year 2007 and quit from acting. Nakshatra is now into movies and already acted in more than 10 movies.
8. Radha, Karthika and Thulasi:
Radha, the elder sister of actress Ambika, had acted in many south films. She was more prominent in Tamil and Telugu. Her two daughters Karthika and Thulasi are now into films. Karthika had acted in many films including Malayalam. Thulasi acted in two Tamil films and best known for her first film Kadal.
For Updates like us
More from blogs
- Highest Grossing Indian Movies at UAE – GCC Box Office
- Madhura Raja vs. Lucifer: Opening day collection comparison
- Highest grossing South Indian movies at UAE - GCC Box Office
- Highest grossing Malayalam movies at Karnataka Box Office
- Odiyan vs. Lucifer: Opening day collection comparison
- Most anticipated Malayalam movies of 2019
- Malayalam Movies 2018: Major disappointments
- Highest grossing Malayalam films at Trivandrum Multiplexes
- Highest grossing Malayalam movies at US Box office 2018
More from boxoffice
- Trance box office collection report
- Anjaam Pathiraa Box office Collection Report
- Varane Avashyamund Box office Collection Report
- Ayyappanum Koshiyum Box office Collection Report
- Shylock box office collection report
- Big brother Box office report
- Prathi Poovankozhi Box Office Collection Report
- Valiyaperunnal Box Office Collection Report
- Driving Licence Box Office Collection Report
More from News
- Urvashi pairs up with Dileep in Kesu Ee Veedinte Nadhan
- Joju to team up with Ahammed Khabeer again after June
- Lal to pen script for Lal Jr’s next movie
- Nikhila Vimal added to the cast of Mammootty’s next
- Anu Sithara to pair up with Jayasurya again in Aposthalan
- Here’s the title of Kunchacko Boban - John Paul movie
- Tovino Thomas’s big budget superhero movie starts rolling
- Mammootty to play a priest in his next movie?
- Popular cinematographer Ramachandra Babu passes away