Malayalam actors who secured state award for their debut movie
Some actors may wait for years to achieve an accolade even if they are talented while some others will grab it with a single movie. Here is the list of actors who secured state award for their debut movie.
Yes! Rahman, the heartthrob of 80’s has secured a Kerala state film award for Best Supporting Actor for his performance in the movie Koodevide? He played Ravi Puthooran, a student at a boarding school in Ooty who was killed by Captain Thomas played by Mammootty. It is worth mentioning that he was just 16 when he won the award.
2. Rajisha Vijayan
Rajisha Vijayan is an actress who could impress both audience and award jury with her bewildered attitude and innocent expressions in the movie Anuraga Karikkin Vellam. She played Eli aka Elizabeth, a broken-hearted girl in the movie. Even though she had some prior TV experience, Anuraga Karikkin Vellam was her debut movie.
3. Sudev Nair
Sudev Nair, the guy who played Abraham Ezra in the Prithviraj starrer too has secured a Kerala state film award for best actor for his performance in the movie My Life Partner, which was his first Malayalam movie. It is worth mentioning that My Life Partner is a movie all about a gay relationship between two young men and Sudev plays one of them. Truly a bold attempt from a debutant!
4. Manikandan Achari
Theatre artiste turned film actor Manikandan Achari, who mesmerized everyone with his performance as Balan Chettan in his debut movie Kammatipaadam, too has grabbed state award in his first attempt as a film actor. His performance alongside Vinayakan was the major highlight if the movie. He won the award for best supporting actor while Vinayakan for best actor.
5. Poornima Jayaram
Even though Poornima has appeared in several other language movies before, her first movie as a lead artist was Manjil Virinja Pookkal, written and directed by Fazil. She has received wide appreciation for essaying Prabha, winning her the Kerala State Film Award for Best Actress. This was the only state award in her whole career.
6. Samyuktha Varma
Samyuktha Varma’s first role as the female lead in Sathyan Anthikkad's Veendum Chila Veettukaryangal won her a Kerala state film award for best actress. In the same year, she was nominated for Filmfare award for best actress but didn’t win. She has received the same award next year as well for her performance in movies like Madhuranombarakattu, Mazha and Swayamvara Panthal.
You may like
For Updates like us
More from blogs
- Highest grossing Malayalam movies at the USA box-office 2017
- Highest grossers of Tamil superstars at Kerala box-office
- 5 Malayalam actors who started well but soon faded
- Top 10 longest running Malayalam movies of 2017
- Highest grossing Malayalam movies at Aries Plex Trivandrum
- 6 most anticipated upcoming Malayalam sequel movies
- 5 Brilliant performances by so-called mediocre Malayalam actors
- 5 reasons to watch Mohanlal's Villain
- You may not know these Mollywood celebrities are relatives
More from boxoffice
- Goodalochana box office collection report
- Aakashamittayee box office collection report
- Villain Box office collection report
- Kaattu box office collection report
- Mersal Kerala Box office Collection Report
- LavaKusha box office collection report
- Solo box office collection report
- Sherlock Toms box office collection report
- Tharangam box office collection report
More from News
- Masterpiece fame Ajai Vasudev to team up with Dileep
- I’m not directing Kumbalangi Nights, says Dileesh Pothan
- Kalpana's daughter Sreesankhya to make her acting debut
- Amala’s reaction to the Kayamkulam Kochunni cast change
- This actress replaced Amala Paul in Kayamkulam Kochunni
- Siddharth completes his portions for Kammara Sambhavam
- Anoop Menon, Unni Mukundan team’s next gets a title
- Ineya has been roped in to play Mammootty’s wife in Parole
- Nimisha Sajayan pairs up with Tovino for Madhupal’s next