Malayalam actors who secured state award for their debut movie
Some actors may wait for years to achieve an accolade even if they are talented while some others will grab it with a single movie. Here is the list of actors who secured state award for their debut movie.
Yes! Rahman, the heartthrob of 80’s has secured a Kerala state film award for Best Supporting Actor for his performance in the movie Koodevide? He played Ravi Puthooran, a student at a boarding school in Ooty who was killed by Captain Thomas played by Mammootty. It is worth mentioning that he was just 16 when he won the award.
2. Rajisha Vijayan
Rajisha Vijayan is an actress who could impress both audience and award jury with her bewildered attitude and innocent expressions in the movie Anuraga Karikkin Vellam. She played Eli aka Elizabeth, a broken-hearted girl in the movie. Even though she had some prior TV experience, Anuraga Karikkin Vellam was her debut movie.
3. Sudev Nair
Sudev Nair, the guy who played Abraham Ezra in the Prithviraj starrer too has secured a Kerala state film award for best actor for his performance in the movie My Life Partner, which was his first Malayalam movie. It is worth mentioning that My Life Partner is a movie all about a gay relationship between two young men and Sudev plays one of them. Truly a bold attempt from a debutant!
4. Manikandan Achari
Theatre artiste turned film actor Manikandan Achari, who mesmerized everyone with his performance as Balan Chettan in his debut movie Kammatipaadam, too has grabbed state award in his first attempt as a film actor. His performance alongside Vinayakan was the major highlight if the movie. He won the award for best supporting actor while Vinayakan for best actor.
5. Poornima Jayaram
Even though Poornima has appeared in several other language movies before, her first movie as a lead artist was Manjil Virinja Pookkal, written and directed by Fazil. She has received wide appreciation for essaying Prabha, winning her the Kerala State Film Award for Best Actress. This was the only state award in her whole career.
6. Samyuktha Varma
Samyuktha Varma’s first role as the female lead in Sathyan Anthikkad's Veendum Chila Veettukaryangal won her a Kerala state film award for best actress. In the same year, she was nominated for Filmfare award for best actress but didn’t win. She has received the same award next year as well for her performance in movies like Madhuranombarakattu, Mazha and Swayamvara Panthal.
For Updates like us
More from blogs
- Highest grossing Malayalam movies 2018 - UAE - GCC
- 10 Popular Malayalam movies that changed its title
- Best Malayalam movies of 2018: Half yearly report card
- Highest grossing Malayalam movies at Kochi Multiplex - 2018
- Highest grossing Malayalam movies at Calicut box office 2018
- 7 Tamil movies with biggest opening at Kochi multiplexes
- Top 7 upcoming big-budget Malayalam movies 2018 – 2019
- Highest grossing Malayalam movies at Kerala box office 2018
- Malayalam films with top opening weekend gross in Tamil Nadu
More from boxoffice
- Sarkar Box Office Collection
- Drama Box Office Collection
- Kayamkulam Kochunni Box Office Collection
- Mandharam Box Office Collection
- Chalakkudikkaran Changathi Box Office Collection
- Mangalyam Thanthunanena Box Office Collection
- Saamy2 Kerala Box Office Collection Report
- Varathan Box Office Collection
- Padayottam Box Office Collection
More from News
- Prithviraj Sukumaran’s next movie is titled as Ayyappan
- Wow!! Mohanlal is going to try this again after a hiatus
- Suraj Venjaramoodu to share screen space with Sunny Leone
- Nikki Galrani to play a tribal girl in Indrajith’s next
- Dileep – Shafi team’s 2 Countries to have a sequel soon
- Bobby – Sanjay team’s Parvathy movie Uyare starts rolling
- Dileep’s next movie to have a Hollywood villain
- Asif Ali to be a part of Megastar Mammootty’s Unda
- Theevandi fame Samyuktha Menon to pair up with Asif Ali