Malayalam actors who secured state award for their debut movie
Some actors may wait for years to achieve an accolade even if they are talented while some others will grab it with a single movie. Here is the list of actors who secured state award for their debut movie.
Yes! Rahman, the heartthrob of 80’s has secured a Kerala state film award for Best Supporting Actor for his performance in the movie Koodevide? He played Ravi Puthooran, a student at a boarding school in Ooty who was killed by Captain Thomas played by Mammootty. It is worth mentioning that he was just 16 when he won the award.
2. Rajisha Vijayan
Rajisha Vijayan is an actress who could impress both audience and award jury with her bewildered attitude and innocent expressions in the movie Anuraga Karikkin Vellam. She played Eli aka Elizabeth, a broken-hearted girl in the movie. Even though she had some prior TV experience, Anuraga Karikkin Vellam was her debut movie.
3. Sudev Nair
Sudev Nair, the guy who played Abraham Ezra in the Prithviraj starrer too has secured a Kerala state film award for best actor for his performance in the movie My Life Partner, which was his first Malayalam movie. It is worth mentioning that My Life Partner is a movie all about a gay relationship between two young men and Sudev plays one of them. Truly a bold attempt from a debutant!
4. Manikandan Achari
Theatre artiste turned film actor Manikandan Achari, who mesmerized everyone with his performance as Balan Chettan in his debut movie Kammatipaadam, too has grabbed state award in his first attempt as a film actor. His performance alongside Vinayakan was the major highlight if the movie. He won the award for best supporting actor while Vinayakan for best actor.
5. Poornima Jayaram
Even though Poornima has appeared in several other language movies before, her first movie as a lead artist was Manjil Virinja Pookkal, written and directed by Fazil. She has received wide appreciation for essaying Prabha, winning her the Kerala State Film Award for Best Actress. This was the only state award in her whole career.
6. Samyuktha Varma
Samyuktha Varma’s first role as the female lead in Sathyan Anthikkad's Veendum Chila Veettukaryangal won her a Kerala state film award for best actress. In the same year, she was nominated for Filmfare award for best actress but didn’t win. She has received the same award next year as well for her performance in movies like Madhuranombarakattu, Mazha and Swayamvara Panthal.
For Updates like us
More from blogs
- Malayalam films with top opening weekend gross in Tamil Nadu
- Highest grossing Malayalam movies at UAE box office - 2018
- Movies with highest opening at Kerala Box Office 2018
- Top 10 most viewed Malayalam teasers/trailers on Facebook
- 5 reasons to watch Aadhi
- Most awaited Malayalam movies of 2018
- Highest Paid Mollywood Actress 2017 - 18, Salary of Malayalam actresses
- Highest Paid Mollywood Actor 2017 - 18, Salary of Malayalam actors
- Highest grossing Malayalam movies at Kerala Box-office 2017
More from boxoffice
- B Tech Box Office Collection
- Ente Peru Surya Ente Veedu India Kerala Box Office Collection
- Avengers: Infinity War Kerala Box Office Collection
- Ee.Ma.Yau Box Office Collection
- Aravindante Athidhikal Box Office Collection
- Thobama Box Office Collection
- Uncle Box Office Collection
- Suvarna Purushan Box Office Collection
- Panchavarna Thatha Box Office Collection
More from News
- Sudani fame Samuel’s next in Malayalam is a campus movie
- Malayalam Actor Vijayan Peringode dies of a heart attack
- Ranjith’s next with Mohanlal will be a comedy movie
- Vinayan to make a movie on rebellious woman Nangeli
- Female lead for Prithviraj Sukumaran’s next revealed
- Release date for Abrahaminte Santhathikal announced
- Peranbu selected to Shanghai International Film Festival
- Mammootty to play a police officer again in his next?
- Nayanthara to play a Brahmin girl in Love Action Drama