Malayalam actors who secured state award for their debut movie
Some actors may wait for years to achieve an accolade even if they are talented while some others will grab it with a single movie. Here is the list of actors who secured state award for their debut movie.
Yes! Rahman, the heartthrob of 80’s has secured a Kerala state film award for Best Supporting Actor for his performance in the movie Koodevide? He played Ravi Puthooran, a student at a boarding school in Ooty who was killed by Captain Thomas played by Mammootty. It is worth mentioning that he was just 16 when he won the award.
2. Rajisha Vijayan
Rajisha Vijayan is an actress who could impress both audience and award jury with her bewildered attitude and innocent expressions in the movie Anuraga Karikkin Vellam. She played Eli aka Elizabeth, a broken-hearted girl in the movie. Even though she had some prior TV experience, Anuraga Karikkin Vellam was her debut movie.
3. Sudev Nair
Sudev Nair, the guy who played Abraham Ezra in the Prithviraj starrer too has secured a Kerala state film award for best actor for his performance in the movie My Life Partner, which was his first Malayalam movie. It is worth mentioning that My Life Partner is a movie all about a gay relationship between two young men and Sudev plays one of them. Truly a bold attempt from a debutant!
4. Manikandan Achari
Theatre artiste turned film actor Manikandan Achari, who mesmerized everyone with his performance as Balan Chettan in his debut movie Kammatipaadam, too has grabbed state award in his first attempt as a film actor. His performance alongside Vinayakan was the major highlight if the movie. He won the award for best supporting actor while Vinayakan for best actor.
5. Poornima Jayaram
Even though Poornima has appeared in several other language movies before, her first movie as a lead artist was Manjil Virinja Pookkal, written and directed by Fazil. She has received wide appreciation for essaying Prabha, winning her the Kerala State Film Award for Best Actress. This was the only state award in her whole career.
6. Samyuktha Varma
Samyuktha Varma’s first role as the female lead in Sathyan Anthikkad's Veendum Chila Veettukaryangal won her a Kerala state film award for best actress. In the same year, she was nominated for Filmfare award for best actress but didn’t win. She has received the same award next year as well for her performance in movies like Madhuranombarakattu, Mazha and Swayamvara Panthal.
For Updates like us
More from blogs
- Madhura Raja vs. Lucifer: Opening day collection comparison
- Highest grossing South Indian movies at UAE - GCC Box Office
- Highest grossing Malayalam movies at Karnataka Box Office
- Odiyan vs. Lucifer: Opening day collection comparison
- Most anticipated Malayalam movies of 2019
- Malayalam Movies 2018: Major disappointments
- Highest grossing Malayalam films at Trivandrum Multiplexes
- Highest grossing Malayalam movies at US Box office 2018
- Year End Review - Best Malayalam Movies of 2018
More from boxoffice
- Trance box office collection report
- Anjaam Pathiraa Box office Collection Report
- Varane Avashyamund Box office Collection Report
- Ayyappanum Koshiyum Box office Collection Report
- Shylock box office collection report
- Big brother Box office report
- Prathi Poovankozhi Box Office Collection Report
- Valiyaperunnal Box Office Collection Report
- Driving Licence Box Office Collection Report
More from News
- Urvashi pairs up with Dileep in Kesu Ee Veedinte Nadhan
- Joju to team up with Ahammed Khabeer again after June
- Lal to pen script for Lal Jr’s next movie
- Nikhila Vimal added to the cast of Mammootty’s next
- Anu Sithara to pair up with Jayasurya again in Aposthalan
- Here’s the title of Kunchacko Boban - John Paul movie
- Tovino Thomas’s big budget superhero movie starts rolling
- Mammootty to play a priest in his next movie?
- Popular cinematographer Ramachandra Babu passes away