Disappointing Malayalam movies of 2017 - Year End Review
There were some really good movies like Take Off, Thondimuthalum Driksaakshiyum etc. were released this year. At the same time many movies that released this year, unfortunately, couldn’t measure up to expectations. Here is the list of Most Disappointing Malayalam films released this year.
Mollywood’s sensational actor Dulquer Salmaan is teaming up with a Bollywood director like Bejoy Nambiar for a big-budget Malayalam – Tamil bilingual movie! What’s more is needed to grab the movie ticket for the FDFS, right? But sadly, the excitement ends there. Solo is an anthology film that has four short movies in it based on Air, Wind, Fire, and Water. But, apart from some exceptional visuals and nice to hear songs, the movie was overall a tedious experience for a normal film viewer.
2. Velipadinte Pusthakam
Mohanlal starrer Velipadinte Pusthakam was one of the much-anticipated movies of the year as it marked the collaboration of him with the talented director Lal Jose. But the movie was truly a disappointing one with an unconvincing script by Benny P Nayarambalam. However the film had managed to recover investment and turned out to be a hit at the box office, thanks to the Mohanlal factor and the waves created by the song Jimikki Kammal.
3. Puthan Panam
Everyone had huge expectation over this one as this was a movie from the team which brought us movies like Pranchiyettan and The Saint and Paleri Manikyam. Yes! Mammootty and Ranjith. Furthermore, the movie was scripted by P. V. Shajikumar, one of the co-writers of Take Off. But Puthan Panam failed miserably to live up to the expectations bestowed on it.
4. Honey Bee 2
Even though, the expectations over sequels have been crushed most of the time, everyone, at least Honey Bee fans, had huge expectations over the sequel of Honey Bee. But the behaviour of characters of Honey Bee 2: Celebrations was entirely different from that of the former one. The audiences are left wondering why they are deporting like this. Consequently, the movie turned out to be a big box-office bomb.
Mohanlal’s last outing of the year, Villain directed by B Unnikrishnan has many unique specialities with it, like first Indian movie shot in 8K resolution, first Malayalam movie of actors like Vishal, Hansika Motwani, etc. The teaser and trailer were pretty much appealing and everyone expected the movie to be a mass crime thriller. But, except an extraordinary performance by Mohanlal, the movie was a critical disappointment in a pretty major way.
These films are, obviously, watchable but not good as what we expected.
For Updates like us
More from blogs
- Madhura Raja vs. Lucifer: Opening day collection comparison
- Highest grossing South Indian movies at UAE - GCC Box Office
- Highest grossing Malayalam movies at Karnataka Box Office
- Odiyan vs. Lucifer: Opening day collection comparison
- Most anticipated Malayalam movies of 2019
- Malayalam Movies 2018: Major disappointments
- Highest grossing Malayalam films at Trivandrum Multiplexes
- Highest grossing Malayalam movies at US Box office 2018
- Year End Review - Best Malayalam Movies of 2018
More from boxoffice
- Jack & Daniel Box Office Collection Report
- Android Kunjappan Version 5.25 Box Office Collection Report
- Adhyarathri Box Office Collection Report
- Bigil Kerala Box Office Collection
- Jallikattu Box Office Collection - Lijo Jose Pellissery
- Manoharam Box Office Collection - Vineeth Sreenivasan
- Ganagandharvan Box Office Collection - Mammootty
- Kaappaan Box Office Collection
- Brother’s Day Box Office Collection
More from News
- Official: Vineeth Sreenivasan’s next is with Pranav Mohanlal
- Arjun Das replaces Antony Varghese on Thalapathy 64
- IFFI 2019: Lijo Jose bags best director award again
- Manju Warrier to share screen space with Mammootty
- Antony Varghese’s next is a campus movie
- Nivin Pauly to team up with Rosshan Andrrews again
- Biju Menon and Domin D’Silva to team up for Maatti
- Dileep - Raffi team’s next gets an international title
- Harisree Asokan to play the lead in Jayaraj’s next