Disappointing Malayalam movies of 2017 - Year End Review
There were some really good movies like Take Off, Thondimuthalum Driksaakshiyum etc. were released this year. At the same time many movies that released this year, unfortunately, couldn’t measure up to expectations. Here is the list of Most Disappointing Malayalam films released this year.
Mollywood’s sensational actor Dulquer Salmaan is teaming up with a Bollywood director like Bejoy Nambiar for a big-budget Malayalam – Tamil bilingual movie! What’s more is needed to grab the movie ticket for the FDFS, right? But sadly, the excitement ends there. Solo is an anthology film that has four short movies in it based on Air, Wind, Fire, and Water. But, apart from some exceptional visuals and nice to hear songs, the movie was overall a tedious experience for a normal film viewer.
2. Velipadinte Pusthakam
Mohanlal starrer Velipadinte Pusthakam was one of the much-anticipated movies of the year as it marked the collaboration of him with the talented director Lal Jose. But the movie was truly a disappointing one with an unconvincing script by Benny P Nayarambalam. However the film had managed to recover investment and turned out to be a hit at the box office, thanks to the Mohanlal factor and the waves created by the song Jimikki Kammal.
3. Puthan Panam
Everyone had huge expectation over this one as this was a movie from the team which brought us movies like Pranchiyettan and The Saint and Paleri Manikyam. Yes! Mammootty and Ranjith. Furthermore, the movie was scripted by P. V. Shajikumar, one of the co-writers of Take Off. But Puthan Panam failed miserably to live up to the expectations bestowed on it.
4. Honey Bee 2
Even though, the expectations over sequels have been crushed most of the time, everyone, at least Honey Bee fans, had huge expectations over the sequel of Honey Bee. But the behaviour of characters of Honey Bee 2: Celebrations was entirely different from that of the former one. The audiences are left wondering why they are deporting like this. Consequently, the movie turned out to be a big box-office bomb.
Mohanlal’s last outing of the year, Villain directed by B Unnikrishnan has many unique specialities with it, like first Indian movie shot in 8K resolution, first Malayalam movie of actors like Vishal, Hansika Motwani, etc. The teaser and trailer were pretty much appealing and everyone expected the movie to be a mass crime thriller. But, except an extraordinary performance by Mohanlal, the movie was a critical disappointment in a pretty major way.
These films are, obviously, watchable but not good as what we expected.
For Updates like us
More from blogs
- Highest grossing Malayalam movies 2018 - UAE - GCC
- 10 Popular Malayalam movies that changed its title
- Best Malayalam movies of 2018: Half yearly report card
- Highest grossing Malayalam movies at Kochi Multiplex - 2018
- Highest grossing Malayalam movies at Calicut box office 2018
- 7 Tamil movies with biggest opening at Kochi multiplexes
- Top 7 upcoming big-budget Malayalam movies 2018 – 2019
- Highest grossing Malayalam movies at Kerala box office 2018
- Malayalam films with top opening weekend gross in Tamil Nadu
More from boxoffice
- Saamy2 Kerala Box Office Collection Report
- Varathan Box Office Collection
- Padayottam Box Office Collection
- Oru Kuttanadan Blog Box Office Collection
- Theevandi Box Office Collection
- Ranam Box Office Collection
- Iblis Box Office Collection
- Maradona Box Office Collection
- Koode Box Office Collection
More from News
- Producer lashes out at Prithviraj’s comment on Ranam
- Mammootty to play Inspector Mani Sir in Khalid Rahman’s Unda
- P Balachandran to script Tovino Thomas’s next film
- Prayaga Martin to share screen space with Gokul Suresh
- Mollywood mourns the sad demise of actor Captain Raju
- Here is the release date of Prithviraj Sukumaran’s 9
- Jude Anthany Joseph to make a movie on Kerala floods
- Tovino Thomas to don khakhi in his next titled as Kalki
- Mammootty – Haneef Adeni team’s next movie gets a title