Disappointing Malayalam movies of 2017 - Year End Review
There were some really good movies like Take Off, Thondimuthalum Driksaakshiyum etc. were released this year. At the same time many movies that released this year, unfortunately, couldn’t measure up to expectations. Here is the list of Most Disappointing Malayalam films released this year.
Mollywood’s sensational actor Dulquer Salmaan is teaming up with a Bollywood director like Bejoy Nambiar for a big-budget Malayalam – Tamil bilingual movie! What’s more is needed to grab the movie ticket for the FDFS, right? But sadly, the excitement ends there. Solo is an anthology film that has four short movies in it based on Air, Wind, Fire, and Water. But, apart from some exceptional visuals and nice to hear songs, the movie was overall a tedious experience for a normal film viewer.
2. Velipadinte Pusthakam
Mohanlal starrer Velipadinte Pusthakam was one of the much-anticipated movies of the year as it marked the collaboration of him with the talented director Lal Jose. But the movie was truly a disappointing one with an unconvincing script by Benny P Nayarambalam. However the film had managed to recover investment and turned out to be a hit at the box office, thanks to the Mohanlal factor and the waves created by the song Jimikki Kammal.
3. Puthan Panam
Everyone had huge expectation over this one as this was a movie from the team which brought us movies like Pranchiyettan and The Saint and Paleri Manikyam. Yes! Mammootty and Ranjith. Furthermore, the movie was scripted by P. V. Shajikumar, one of the co-writers of Take Off. But Puthan Panam failed miserably to live up to the expectations bestowed on it.
4. Honey Bee 2
Even though, the expectations over sequels have been crushed most of the time, everyone, at least Honey Bee fans, had huge expectations over the sequel of Honey Bee. But the behaviour of characters of Honey Bee 2: Celebrations was entirely different from that of the former one. The audiences are left wondering why they are deporting like this. Consequently, the movie turned out to be a big box-office bomb.
Mohanlal’s last outing of the year, Villain directed by B Unnikrishnan has many unique specialities with it, like first Indian movie shot in 8K resolution, first Malayalam movie of actors like Vishal, Hansika Motwani, etc. The teaser and trailer were pretty much appealing and everyone expected the movie to be a mass crime thriller. But, except an extraordinary performance by Mohanlal, the movie was a critical disappointment in a pretty major way.
These films are, obviously, watchable but not good as what we expected.
You may like
For Updates like us
More from blogs
- 5 reasons to watch Aadhi
- Most awaited Malayalam movies of 2018
- Highest Paid Mollywood Actress 2017 - 18, Salary of Malayalam actresses
- Highest Paid Mollywood Actor 2017 - 18, Salary of Malayalam actors
- Highest grossing Malayalam movies at Kerala Box-office 2017
- Box-office performance scorecard of Malayalam actors 2017
- Best Malayalam Actress in 2017 - Year End Review
- Best Malayalam Actor in 2017 - Year End Review
- Best Malayalam Movies of 2017 - Year End Review
More from boxoffice
- Kalyanam Box office collection report
- Captain Box office collection report
- Street Lights box office collection report
- Aadhi box office collection report
- Shikkari Shambhu box office collection report
- Carbon box office collection report
- Daivame Kaithozham K Kumarakanam box office collection report
- Queen box office collection report
- Eeda box office collection report
More from News
- Mayaanadhi fame Aishwarya Lekshmi to pair up with Fahadh
- Mohanlal – Ajoy Varma team’s Neerali gets a release date
- Nivin Pauly’s Love Action Drama shooting postponed
- Nora Fatehi to do an item number in Kayamkulam Kochunni
- Indrans’s Aalorukkam to hit the screens on March 23
- Vishnu Unnikrishnan to play the lead in Lijin Jose’s next
- Wow! Mammootty’s Kottayam Kunjachan is getting a sequel
- Young actor Neeraj Madhav to enter wedlock next month
- Dileep to pair up with Urvashi for Nadirshah’s next