Best Malayalam Actress in 2017 - Year End Review
Malayalam film industry has witnessed many strong female characters like Sameera, Saira Banu, etc and female-oriented movies including Take Off and Ramante Edanthottam this year. Many actresses have proved that they can easily carry a whole movie on their shoulders.
1. Parvathy - Take Off
Undoubtedly, Parvathy’s portrayal of Sameera, a nurse caught up, in the movie Take Off was one of the best performances ever witnessed by the Indian film industry. She is completely aware of her talent and knows how to use it effectively for the perfection of the character she portrays. Unsurprisingly, she won the best female actor award at the 48th international film festival of India for this performance.
2. Manju Warrier – Udaharanam Sujatha, C/O Saira Banu
Manju Warrier has again proved that she didn’t lose that old charm in her acting with the performance in the movie C/O Saira Banu. She played the mother of adopted son Joshua Peter, who became an accused of a murder case, almost flawlessly. Her performance as Sujatha, a widow in Udaharanam Sujatha, was easily one of the best in her second innings.
3. Aishwarya Lekshmi – Mayaanadhi
If it was Rajisha Vijayan, the one who mesmerized us with her performance in her debut movie last year, now it’s Aishwarya Lekshmi this year. The actress who debuted with Njandukalude Naattil Oridavela outshines many experienced actresses with her matured performance in the movie Mayaanadhi. She still has a long way to go as an actress but Appu in Mayaanadhi quite brilliant.
4. Aparna Balamurali – Sunday Holiday
In Sunday Holiday, Aparna Balamurali hadn’t budged her facial muscles vigorously to portray Anu as it is a simple character we can see around us. Her endearing screen presence and charm will give us a positive vibe and this made Aparna eligible to be one on the list. Her portrayal of Anupama Neelakantan, a social activist in Sarvopari Palakkaran too deserves an applause for sure.
5. Wamiqa Gabbi – Godha
This Punjabi girl completely steals the show with her performance as a ferocious wrestler in the film Godha. Her well-toned physique, obviously, helps her a lot to perform the role flawlessly. She absolutely made her Mollywood memorable with an absolutely stunning performance that overshadowed other talented actors in the movie including Renji Panicker and Tovino Thomas.
6. Anu Sithara – Ramante Edanthottam
Anu Sithara’s subtle performance is the major thing that makes Ramante Edanthottam a lively one. She essayed the inner emotions of Malini, wife of a discourteous husband, with her eyes beautifully. She has tried her best to make the transformation, while she tries to reinvent her life with the help of Raman, convincing.
For Updates like us
More from blogs
- Madhura Raja vs. Lucifer: Opening day collection comparison
- Highest grossing South Indian movies at UAE - GCC Box Office
- Highest grossing Malayalam movies at Karnataka Box Office
- Odiyan vs. Lucifer: Opening day collection comparison
- Most anticipated Malayalam movies of 2019
- Malayalam Movies 2018: Major disappointments
- Highest grossing Malayalam films at Trivandrum Multiplexes
- Highest grossing Malayalam movies at US Box office 2018
- Year End Review - Best Malayalam Movies of 2018
More from boxoffice
- Trance box office collection report
- Anjaam Pathiraa Box office Collection Report
- Varane Avashyamund Box office Collection Report
- Ayyappanum Koshiyum Box office Collection Report
- Shylock box office collection report
- Big brother Box office report
- Prathi Poovankozhi Box Office Collection Report
- Valiyaperunnal Box Office Collection Report
- Driving Licence Box Office Collection Report
More from News
- Urvashi pairs up with Dileep in Kesu Ee Veedinte Nadhan
- Joju to team up with Ahammed Khabeer again after June
- Lal to pen script for Lal Jr’s next movie
- Nikhila Vimal added to the cast of Mammootty’s next
- Anu Sithara to pair up with Jayasurya again in Aposthalan
- Here’s the title of Kunchacko Boban - John Paul movie
- Tovino Thomas’s big budget superhero movie starts rolling
- Mammootty to play a priest in his next movie?
- Popular cinematographer Ramachandra Babu passes away