Best Malayalam Actress in 2017 - Year End Review
Malayalam film industry has witnessed many strong female characters like Sameera, Saira Banu, etc and female-oriented movies including Take Off and Ramante Edanthottam this year. Many actresses have proved that they can easily carry a whole movie on their shoulders.
1. Parvathy - Take Off
Undoubtedly, Parvathy’s portrayal of Sameera, a nurse caught up, in the movie Take Off was one of the best performances ever witnessed by the Indian film industry. She is completely aware of her talent and knows how to use it effectively for the perfection of the character she portrays. Unsurprisingly, she won the best female actor award at the 48th international film festival of India for this performance.
2. Manju Warrier – Udaharanam Sujatha, C/O Saira Banu
Manju Warrier has again proved that she didn’t lose that old charm in her acting with the performance in the movie C/O Saira Banu. She played the mother of adopted son Joshua Peter, who became an accused of a murder case, almost flawlessly. Her performance as Sujatha, a widow in Udaharanam Sujatha, was easily one of the best in her second innings.
3. Aishwarya Lekshmi – Mayaanadhi
If it was Rajisha Vijayan, the one who mesmerized us with her performance in her debut movie last year, now it’s Aishwarya Lekshmi this year. The actress who debuted with Njandukalude Naattil Oridavela outshines many experienced actresses with her matured performance in the movie Mayaanadhi. She still has a long way to go as an actress but Appu in Mayaanadhi quite brilliant.
4. Aparna Balamurali – Sunday Holiday
In Sunday Holiday, Aparna Balamurali hadn’t budged her facial muscles vigorously to portray Anu as it is a simple character we can see around us. Her endearing screen presence and charm will give us a positive vibe and this made Aparna eligible to be one on the list. Her portrayal of Anupama Neelakantan, a social activist in Sarvopari Palakkaran too deserves an applause for sure.
5. Wamiqa Gabbi – Godha
This Punjabi girl completely steals the show with her performance as a ferocious wrestler in the film Godha. Her well-toned physique, obviously, helps her a lot to perform the role flawlessly. She absolutely made her Mollywood memorable with an absolutely stunning performance that overshadowed other talented actors in the movie including Renji Panicker and Tovino Thomas.
6. Anu Sithara – Ramante Edanthottam
Anu Sithara’s subtle performance is the major thing that makes Ramante Edanthottam a lively one. She essayed the inner emotions of Malini, wife of a discourteous husband, with her eyes beautifully. She has tried her best to make the transformation, while she tries to reinvent her life with the help of Raman, convincing.
You may like
For Updates like us
More from blogs
- 5 reasons to watch Aadhi
- Most awaited Malayalam movies of 2018
- Highest Paid Mollywood Actress 2017 - 18, Salary of Malayalam actresses
- Highest Paid Mollywood Actor 2017 - 18, Salary of Malayalam actors
- Highest grossing Malayalam movies at Kerala Box-office 2017
- Box-office performance scorecard of Malayalam actors 2017
- Best Malayalam Actor in 2017 - Year End Review
- Best Malayalam Movies of 2017 - Year End Review
- Highest grossing Tamil movies at Kerala box-office 2017
More from boxoffice
- Kalyanam Box office collection report
- Captain Box office collection report
- Street Lights box office collection report
- Aadhi box office collection report
- Shikkari Shambhu box office collection report
- Carbon box office collection report
- Daivame Kaithozham K Kumarakanam box office collection report
- Queen box office collection report
- Eeda box office collection report
More from News
- Indrans’s Aalorukkam to hit the screens on March 23
- Vishnu Unnikrishnan to play the lead in Lijin Jose’s next
- Wow! Mammootty’s Kottayam Kunjachan is getting a sequel
- Young actor Neeraj Madhav to enter wedlock next month
- Dileep to pair up with Urvashi for Nadirshah’s next
- Asif Ali – Madonna Sebastian team’s Iblis starts rolling
- Prithviraj and Supriya launch their new production company
- Indrans wins Kerala state film award for best actor
- Mohanlal joins the sets of Odiyan for the final schedule