Best Malayalam Actor in 2017 - Year End Review
Malayalam film industry has many talented actors who possess the world-class acting ability. Some of our actors perform extremely well even if the movie failed to satisfy the audience. The negative final verdict of the movie doesn’t mean that the extraordinary performance delivered by these talented actors gone wasted. Thus we have considered great performances from flop movies as well to make the list sensible.
1. Fahadh Faasil – Thondimuthalum Driksaakshiyum
Fahadh Faasil is one of the most talented actors ever produced by the Malayalam film industry. Two movies, Thondimuthalum Driksaakshiyum and Role Models, which were released on the same day are quite enough to reveal the versatility of Fahadh as an actor. His unmatched performance as a thief in Thondimuthalum Driksaakshiyum is something that aspiring actors should study from.
2. Suraj Venjaramoodu - Thondimuthalum Driksaakshiyum, Varnyathil Aashanka
Suraj Venjaramoodu has again proved that he is not an actor to be side kicked as a clownish character who spits rotten jocks, with his performances in movies like Thondimuthalum Driksaakshiyum and Varnyathil Aashanka. Dayanandan, a devious man who helps a gang to accomplish a robbery, in Varnyathil Aashanka, gives him the opportunity to exhibit all his acting capabilities.
3. Dulquer Salmaan – Solo
Script selection is the prime thing that makes Dulquer Salmaan unique among others of his league. Of course, some experiments may not produce good results. Solo, directed by Bejoy Nambiar was one among them. Even if the movie was a disaster, no one has a different opinion about this young man’s performance in the movie. He has portrayed all the four characters in the movie with uniqueness.
4. Biju Menon – Rakshadhikari Baiju
You can’t see Biju Menon in Rakshadhikari Baiju, but Baiju Kumbalam, a government employee as well as the patron of a local club named Brothers Club. There isn’t a single moment of artifice in Biju Menon’s portrayal of Baiju in the film and that makes the performance something brilliant. His minor expressions and grunts in the movie, sometimes, convince more readily than minutes-long dialogues required to explain it.
5. Asif Ali – Kaattu, Adventures Of Omanakuttan
After a short hibernation young actor, Asif Ali is back with a stirring performance as Nuhukannu in the movie Kaattu. He has depicted the role flawlessly without overdoing it. He just disappears into the character, without leaving a single nuance of his usual style of acting. Coming to Adventures of Omanakuttan, his transformation from an introvert to a confident young man was effortless.
6. Jayasurya – Aadu 2
Shaji Pappan in the Aadu 2 is the improvised version the character he played in Aadu Oru Bheegara Jeeviyanu. Jayasurya's energetic performance is, obviously, the backbone of the movie. His natural comedy timing helps him a lot to portray Shaji Pappan effectively. No one else could portray Shaji Pappan with this much perfection and that made Jayasurya eligible to be one in the list.
7. Mohanlal – Villain
Villain, directed by B Unnikrishnan, may not be an appealing one. But, Mohanlal’s performance as Mathew Manjooran IPS in it was exceptional. His performance in a particular scene, in which he conveys the overwhelming heartbreak felt by any loving husband dealing with the death of his life-partner, has something beyond descriptive genuineness in it.
8. Mammootty – The Great Father
Mammootty’s David Ninan from The Great Father was not just another stereotypical macho superhero who yells chauvinistic dialogues but a strong character that has scope to perform. He inhabits the role of Ninan, father of a rape victim, especially in emotional scenes, with perfection.
For Updates like us
More from blogs
- 5 reasons why Odiyan might set a new benchmark in Mollywood
- Malayalam Onam movies 2018 - Here’s what to expect
- Highest grossing Malayalam movies 2018 - UAE - GCC
- 10 Popular Malayalam movies that changed its title
- Best Malayalam movies of 2018: Half yearly report card
- Highest grossing Malayalam movies at Kochi Multiplex - 2018
- Highest grossing Malayalam movies at Calicut box office 2018
- 7 Tamil movies with biggest opening at Kochi multiplexes
- Top 7 upcoming big-budget Malayalam movies 2018 – 2019
More from boxoffice
- Oru Kuprasidha Payyan Box Office Report
- Sarkar Box Office Collection
- Drama Box Office Collection
- Kayamkulam Kochunni Box Office Collection
- Mandharam Box Office Collection
- Chalakkudikkaran Changathi Box Office Collection
- Mangalyam Thanthunanena Box Office Collection
- Saamy2 Kerala Box Office Collection Report
- Varathan Box Office Collection
More from News
- Mohanlal joins the final schedule of Lucifer in Russia
- Rajisha Vijayan to play the protagonist in the film June
- Mounam Sollum Varthaigal actor dies in an accident
- Biju Menon’s next with G Prajith gets a title
- Its a wrap up for Nivin Pauly starrer Mikhael
- Major Ravi to play a police constable in his next
- Tovino Thomas to team up with Basil Joseph again
- Scripting works for Kili Poyi sequel is in progress
- 96 fame Gouri Kishan to make her Mollywood debut soon