Best Malayalam Actor in 2017 - Year End Review
Malayalam film industry has many talented actors who possess the world-class acting ability. Some of our actors perform extremely well even if the movie failed to satisfy the audience. The negative final verdict of the movie doesn’t mean that the extraordinary performance delivered by these talented actors gone wasted. Thus we have considered great performances from flop movies as well to make the list sensible.
1. Fahadh Faasil – Thondimuthalum Driksaakshiyum
Fahadh Faasil is one of the most talented actors ever produced by the Malayalam film industry. Two movies, Thondimuthalum Driksaakshiyum and Role Models, which were released on the same day are quite enough to reveal the versatility of Fahadh as an actor. His unmatched performance as a thief in Thondimuthalum Driksaakshiyum is something that aspiring actors should study from.
2. Suraj Venjaramoodu - Thondimuthalum Driksaakshiyum, Varnyathil Aashanka
Suraj Venjaramoodu has again proved that he is not an actor to be side kicked as a clownish character who spits rotten jocks, with his performances in movies like Thondimuthalum Driksaakshiyum and Varnyathil Aashanka. Dayanandan, a devious man who helps a gang to accomplish a robbery, in Varnyathil Aashanka, gives him the opportunity to exhibit all his acting capabilities.
3. Dulquer Salmaan – Solo
Script selection is the prime thing that makes Dulquer Salmaan unique among others of his league. Of course, some experiments may not produce good results. Solo, directed by Bejoy Nambiar was one among them. Even if the movie was a disaster, no one has a different opinion about this young man’s performance in the movie. He has portrayed all the four characters in the movie with uniqueness.
4. Biju Menon – Rakshadhikari Baiju
You can’t see Biju Menon in Rakshadhikari Baiju, but Baiju Kumbalam, a government employee as well as the patron of a local club named Brothers Club. There isn’t a single moment of artifice in Biju Menon’s portrayal of Baiju in the film and that makes the performance something brilliant. His minor expressions and grunts in the movie, sometimes, convince more readily than minutes-long dialogues required to explain it.
5. Asif Ali – Kaattu, Adventures Of Omanakuttan
After a short hibernation young actor, Asif Ali is back with a stirring performance as Nuhukannu in the movie Kaattu. He has depicted the role flawlessly without overdoing it. He just disappears into the character, without leaving a single nuance of his usual style of acting. Coming to Adventures of Omanakuttan, his transformation from an introvert to a confident young man was effortless.
6. Jayasurya – Aadu 2
Shaji Pappan in the Aadu 2 is the improvised version the character he played in Aadu Oru Bheegara Jeeviyanu. Jayasurya's energetic performance is, obviously, the backbone of the movie. His natural comedy timing helps him a lot to portray Shaji Pappan effectively. No one else could portray Shaji Pappan with this much perfection and that made Jayasurya eligible to be one in the list.
7. Mohanlal – Villain
Villain, directed by B Unnikrishnan, may not be an appealing one. But, Mohanlal’s performance as Mathew Manjooran IPS in it was exceptional. His performance in a particular scene, in which he conveys the overwhelming heartbreak felt by any loving husband dealing with the death of his life-partner, has something beyond descriptive genuineness in it.
8. Mammootty – The Great Father
Mammootty’s David Ninan from The Great Father was not just another stereotypical macho superhero who yells chauvinistic dialogues but a strong character that has scope to perform. He inhabits the role of Ninan, father of a rape victim, especially in emotional scenes, with perfection.
For Updates like us
More from blogs
- Madhura Raja vs. Lucifer: Opening day collection comparison
- Highest grossing South Indian movies at UAE - GCC Box Office
- Highest grossing Malayalam movies at Karnataka Box Office
- Odiyan vs. Lucifer: Opening day collection comparison
- Most anticipated Malayalam movies of 2019
- Malayalam Movies 2018: Major disappointments
- Highest grossing Malayalam films at Trivandrum Multiplexes
- Highest grossing Malayalam movies at US Box office 2018
- Year End Review - Best Malayalam Movies of 2018
More from boxoffice
- Big brother Box office report
- Prathi Poovankozhi Box Office Collection Report
- Valiyaperunnal Box Office Collection Report
- Driving Licence Box Office Collection Report
- Mamangam Kerala Box Office Collection - Area wise breakup
- Mamangam Box Office World wide Collection Report
- Moothon Box Office Collection Report
- Helen Box Office Collection Report
- Jack & Daniel Box Office Collection Report
More from News
- Urvashi pairs up with Dileep in Kesu Ee Veedinte Nadhan
- Joju to team up with Ahammed Khabeer again after June
- Lal to pen script for Lal Jr’s next movie
- Nikhila Vimal added to the cast of Mammootty’s next
- Anu Sithara to pair up with Jayasurya again in Aposthalan
- Here’s the title of Kunchacko Boban - John Paul movie
- Tovino Thomas’s big budget superhero movie starts rolling
- Mammootty to play a priest in his next movie?
- Popular cinematographer Ramachandra Babu passes away