Best Malayalam Actor in 2016 - Year End Review
There are many talented actors in the Malayalam film industry. Here is the list of top 10 actors who have delivered mind blowing performances in 2016.
1. Dulquer Salmaan
Dulquer Salmaan is such an actor who is showing steady improvement in acting year by year. Dulquer Salmaan had two solo releases this year, Kali and Kammattipadam. Among these, Krishnan of Kammattipadam stands out. He has delivered a mature performance in this movie along with Vinayakan and Manikandan R Achari. His performance in Kali as an angry young man too was really good.
Best Role: Krishnan in Kammattipadam
2. Nivin Pauly
Nivin Pauly too had two solo releases this year, Action Hero Biju and Jacobinte Swargarajyam. Other than these two, he has appeared as a cameo in the movie Aanandam. His performance as a police officer in the movie Action Hero Biju was nearly perfect and as Jerry Jacob in Jacobinte Swargarajyam was passable.
Best Role: Biju in Action Hero Biju
Vinayakan made this year memorable by delivering an extraordinary performance in Kammattipadam as well as Kali. His performance as Gangadharan, a violent person in Kammattipadam was exceptional. He has appeared as a gangster role in the movie Kali and delivered a mesmerising performance. Thus, surely we can expect more from this terrific actor in coming years.
Best Role: Ganga in Kammattipadam
First Malayalam release of the complete actor Mohanlal was Oppam directed by Priyadarshan, which was an Onam release. His performance as a blind man in this movie was exceptional. His next release was Pulimurugan, which shattered all current box office records and collected about 150 Crores. He has delivered an energetic performance in Pulimurugan.
Best Role: Jayaraman in Oppam
5. Fahadh Faasil
Fahadh Faasil started the year with the movie Monsoon Mangoes. Even though his performance in this movie was exceptional, it became a complete disaster at the box office. His next movie was Maheshinte Prathikaaram and this became a super hit and gave a breakthrough to the career of the actor. His performance as a photographer in the movie got acclamation from everyone.
Best Role: Mahesh in Maheshinte Prathikaaram
6. Prithviraj Sukumaran
Compared to last year, the performance of Prithviraj movies at the box office this year was mediocre. His first released movie Paavada did fairly well at the box office, but all others were average performers. His performance in the movie James & Alice was excellent. His last release of the year Oozham was a hit, but got only an average critics response.
Best Role: James in James & Alice
7. Kunchacko Boban
Even though Kunchacko Boban's movies were average performers at the box office, his performance in the movies like Vettah and Kochavva Paulo Ayyappa Coelho got acclamation. However, his performance in movies Valliyum Thetti Pulliyum Thetti and Shajahanum Pareekuttiyum was pathetic. Whatever it is his performance as Melvin Philip in the movie Vettah was one of the best performances witnessed by Malayalam film viewers this year.
Best Role: Melvin Philip in Vettah
8. Asif Ali
Asif Ali started this year with a forgettable movie Ithu Thaanda Police. His performance as well as the movie was a complete disaster. However, his next movie Anuraga Karikkin Vellam was a good one. He has delivered a mature performance in this movie. His next movie Kavi Udheshichath.? was an average one and there was nothing special in his performance.
Best Role: Abhilash in Anuraga Karikkin Vellam
The sad thing is megastar Mammootty did not have a good year. He started the year with a good movie Puthiya Niyamam. But he couldn’t maintain the quality of movies throughout the year. Kasaba was one of the most anticipated movies of this year, but the movie couldn’t live up to the expectations. His next movie White became a complete disaster and Thoppil Joppan did fairly well.
Best Role: Adv. Louis Pothen in Puthiya Niyamam
Janapriya Nayakan Dileep had three releases this year. His first release was King Liar, which marked the reunion of famous duo Siddique and Lal. It was a superhit at the box office. His next movie Pinneyum directed by Adoor Gopalakrishnan was a flop. His last movie of the year was Welcome to Central Jail. Even though the movie was crap, it became a hit at the box office.
Best Role: Purushothaman Nair in Pinneyum
For Updates like us
More from blogs
- Madhura Raja vs. Lucifer: Opening day collection comparison
- Highest grossing South Indian movies at UAE - GCC Box Office
- Highest grossing Malayalam movies at Karnataka Box Office
- Odiyan vs. Lucifer: Opening day collection comparison
- Most anticipated Malayalam movies of 2019
- Malayalam Movies 2018: Major disappointments
- Highest grossing Malayalam films at Trivandrum Multiplexes
- Highest grossing Malayalam movies at US Box office 2018
- Year End Review - Best Malayalam Movies of 2018
More from boxoffice
- Anjaam Pathiraa Box office Collection Report
- Varane Avashyamund Box office Collection Report
- Ayyappanum Koshiyum Box office Collection Report
- Shylock box office collection report
- Big brother Box office report
- Prathi Poovankozhi Box Office Collection Report
- Valiyaperunnal Box Office Collection Report
- Driving Licence Box Office Collection Report
- Mamangam Kerala Box Office Collection - Area wise breakup
More from News
- Urvashi pairs up with Dileep in Kesu Ee Veedinte Nadhan
- Joju to team up with Ahammed Khabeer again after June
- Lal to pen script for Lal Jr’s next movie
- Nikhila Vimal added to the cast of Mammootty’s next
- Anu Sithara to pair up with Jayasurya again in Aposthalan
- Here’s the title of Kunchacko Boban - John Paul movie
- Tovino Thomas’s big budget superhero movie starts rolling
- Mammootty to play a priest in his next movie?
- Popular cinematographer Ramachandra Babu passes away