Best Malayalam Actor in 2015 - Year End Review
Malayalam film industry has been blessed with so much talent that every year we witness outstanding performances on screen. This year also there are no exceptions. Many lead and supporting actors got opportunities to perform well in various roles. Here we list top performances in leading roles (Male).
1. Prithviraj - (8/10)
With versatalities of the characters he played Prithviraj proved his mettle this year. He was part of three super hit movies with great performances. He started the year with a matured act in Major Ravi's film Picket 43. His acting in Ennu Ninte Moideen, Anarkali were excellent. He proved that he can do comic roles with much ease in Amar Akbar Anthony. Double Barrel and Ivide did not do well in boxoffice, in which Double Barrel was a disaster.
Best Role - Moideen in Ennu Ninte Moideen
Worst Role- Pancho in Double Barrel
2. Jayasurya - (7.5/10)
Every year Jayasurya surprises Malayalam audiences with his acting abilities and dedication towards the characters he plays. 2015 has been a very good year for him as he pulled off stunning performances in the film like Su Su Sudhi Vathmeekam, Kumbasaram and Lukka Chuppi. His dedication towards characters in Amar Akbar Anthony and Su Su Sudhi Vathmeekam were commendable. He has delivered a decent performance in Jilebi as well even though the film was a flop in Box office. His performance in Aadu Oru Bheekarajeeviyaanu was widely accepted by the young generation. This movie surely achieve a cult classic status in the years to come.
Best Role - Sudheendran in Su Su Sudhi Vathmeekam
3. Mammootty - (6.5/10)
Mammootty has a mixed year in 2015. Only Bhaskar the Rascal and Pathemari were accepted by audiences and all other films bite the dust in boxoffice. His performance in Pathemari as Pallickal Narayanan was notable. In films like Fireman, Acha Din and Utopiayile Rajavu he has done the character well but actor with his stature should look for more challenging roles. Like most of the veteran actors he has been stereo typed with same kind of roles every year.
Best Role - Pallickal Narayana in Pathemari
Worst Role - Durgadas in Acha Din
4. Dileep - (6/10)
Dileep started the year with a disaster movie 'Ivan Maryadaraman' and ended in a high with 'Two countries'. His performances in Two Countries, Life of Josutty and Chandrettan Evideya are notable. In Love 24x7 he performed as the script demanded but movie did not do well in Boxoffice due to loose screenplay. With Two Countries he returned to his usual comic roles, which has opened well in Boxoffice. He should concentrated on more comedy oriented roles in which he excels compared to many of his contemporaries.
Best Role - Ullas in Two Countries
Worst Role - Raman in Ivan Maryadaraman
5. Nivin Pauly - (6/10)
Nivin Pauly is getting improved every year in both stardom and acting. His performance in Premam as George David was really good. In premam he showcased the mannerisms of a person in three different phases of life in an impeccable way. In Oru Vadakkan Selfie and Mili he has done well enough to convince audience that he is improving his acting skills. Ivide was his disaster movie of the year. He should have played the negative shade character in Ivide with more maturity and control.
Best Role - Geroge David in Premam
Worst Role - Krish Hebbar in Ivide
6. Kunchacko Boban - (5.5/10)
Kunchacko Boban had a fairly good year due to versatalities of roles he has handled this year. His performance in Madhura Naranga and Valiya Chirakulla Pakshikal were praiseworthy. Madhura Naranga and Jamna Pyari did reasonably well in Boxoffice and Valiya Chirakulla Pakshikal was critically acclaimed. He was part of two environmental related movies Lord Livingston 7000 Kandi and Valiya chirakulla pakshikal
Best Role - Jeevan in Madhura Naranga
Worst Role - UK Karan in Chirakodinja Kinaavukal
7. Asif Ali - (5/10)
Asif Ali had a decent year in 2015 but the actor seemed to be sterotyped with same kind of roles for some time. He has delivered three decent movies You Too Brutus, Kohinoor and Nirnayakam. In all these films he has done well according to the script nothing extra ordinary. His role in Kohinoor was his top performance in this year. He has done cameo roles in Amar Akbar Anthony and Double Barrel.
Best Role - Louise in Kohinoor
8. Mohanlal - (5/10)
Legendary actor Mohanlal did not have a good year. Though he had 4 main releases in this year, only Ennum Eppozhum and Loham performed recently well in the Boxoffice. Nothing extra ordinary can be found in his performance this year while considering his calibre, except some parts in Kanal. May be he should consider more on roles which are more challenging and have room for versatality.
Best Role - John David in Kanal
Worst Role - Jai Mohan in Laila O Laila
9. Dulquer Salmaan - (4.5/10)
Dulquer Salman had two releases in Malayalam this year. His latest release Charlie created hype much before its release. Definitely Dulquer Salmaan raised the level of expectation from audience by his best performance. He did not disappoint audience with his act in 100 days of love as well. But the movie did not fare well in box office.
Best Role - Charlie in Charlie
Year End Review - Best Actress of 2015
10. Vineet Srinivasan(4.5/10)
Vineeth Srinivasan is an unexpected entry in this list. His acts in Kunjiramayanam and Oru Vadakkan Selfie were good. Both Kunjiramayanam and Oru Vadakkan Selfie were hit movies of 2015. Though he acted as a second fiddle in Oru vadakkan selfie, his performance was critical to the success of the movie.
Best Role - Kunjiraman in Kunjiramayanam
Read more - Best 10 films of 2015
For Updates like us
More from blogs
- Madhura Raja vs. Lucifer: Opening day collection comparison
- Highest grossing South Indian movies at UAE - GCC Box Office
- Highest grossing Malayalam movies at Karnataka Box Office
- Odiyan vs. Lucifer: Opening day collection comparison
- Most anticipated Malayalam movies of 2019
- Malayalam Movies 2018: Major disappointments
- Highest grossing Malayalam films at Trivandrum Multiplexes
- Highest grossing Malayalam movies at US Box office 2018
- Year End Review - Best Malayalam Movies of 2018
More from boxoffice
- Trance box office collection report
- Anjaam Pathiraa Box office Collection Report
- Varane Avashyamund Box office Collection Report
- Ayyappanum Koshiyum Box office Collection Report
- Shylock box office collection report
- Big brother Box office report
- Prathi Poovankozhi Box Office Collection Report
- Valiyaperunnal Box Office Collection Report
- Driving Licence Box Office Collection Report
More from News
- Urvashi pairs up with Dileep in Kesu Ee Veedinte Nadhan
- Joju to team up with Ahammed Khabeer again after June
- Lal to pen script for Lal Jr’s next movie
- Nikhila Vimal added to the cast of Mammootty’s next
- Anu Sithara to pair up with Jayasurya again in Aposthalan
- Here’s the title of Kunchacko Boban - John Paul movie
- Tovino Thomas’s big budget superhero movie starts rolling
- Mammootty to play a priest in his next movie?
- Popular cinematographer Ramachandra Babu passes away