Actresses who made their debut in a leading role with Dileep
In recent years, many actresses started their career in a leading role through Dileep films. Majority of them made big in the industry and some got only a few films. Interestingly only one actress got the debut as a heroine in the films he produced, Nikhila Vimal in Love 24x7. Let us check some of the remarkable artists who made their leading debut with Dileep in Malayalam films.
1. Meera Jasmine
This talented actress made her debut in the 2001 movie Soothradaran directed by AK Lohithadas. She was cast opposite Dileep who plays the role of an absconded common man who reaches in Pandavapuram. Her performance in this film gave a huge boost to her career. Both of them went on to act in quite a few films, Gramaphone, Vinothayathra, Calcutta News and Perumazhakkalam.
2. Navya Nair
Navya Nair was still at school when offered her first movie role, starring opposite Dileep in Ishtam in 2001. Their onscreen pair got wide acceptance among Malayalam movie audiences and both of them appeared together in the films like Mazhathullikkilukkam, Kalyanaraman, Gramaphone, Pattanathil Sundaran and Pandippada. Ishtam was one of the box office success of the year 2001.
Manya made her Malayalam debut as lead heroine with 2000 Dileep movie Joker. This film was a box office success and it gave her futher opportunities in Malayalam. She went on to act another three films with Dileep, out of which she acted only once as his heroine in Kunjikkoonan.
4. Nithya Das
Calicut born actress, Nithya Das also made her Malayalam debut with Dileep in the 2001 comedy flick 'Ee parakkum thalika'. The film got Dileep another hit in 2001 with a new heroine. Nithya also acted with Dileep in the films like Kunjikoonan and Kathavaseshan.
5. Samvrutha Sunil
Though Samvrutha made her film debut with 1998 movie Ayal Katha Ezhuthukayaanu, her leading heroine debut was opposite to Dileep in the 2004 Laljose movie Rasikan. Though the movie was not financially successful at box office, her performance was well accepted. She went on to act over 30 films in Malayalam until her marriage in 2012. She acted with Dileep in two more films, Romeoo and Arike.
6. Meera Nandan
Meera Nandan made her acting debut in Malayalam by playing the female lead in the 2008 Lal Jose film Mulla, opposite to Dileep. Even though the movie was not successful in boxoffice, she has got opportunities to be part of many Malayalam movies. Interestingly both of them never acted together in another movie till date.
7. Kavya Madhavan
As we all know, Kavya Madhavan and Dileep acted together in many movies and she made her female lead debut with Dileep in the 1999 movie Chandranudikkunna Dikhil. This onscreen pair acted together in 18 films and the recent being an Adoor Gopalakrishnan movie Pinneyum. Meesa Madhavan was one of biggest grosser of the year 2012. Both of them got married in 2016.
8. Poornima Indrajith
Poornima Indrajith came into acting in the year 1997, but it was through the movie Varnakkazchchakal, with Dileep, she debuted as a female lead. Her role as Sreedevi, in Varnakkazchchakal, was a bold village girl and had much to perform as a dancer and actor. Varnakkazchchakal, directed by Sundar Das, was released in the year 2000. Pornima was also into modeling and anchoring and also acted in some T.V serials.
9. Divya Unni
Divya Unni set foot in Malayalam movies as a child artist, through the movie Neeyethra Dhanya, but her debut movie as a female lead was Kalyana Sowgandhigam, with Dileep. Kalyana Sowgandhigam, released in the year 1996, was directed by Vinayan. She also acted in Nee Varuvolam and Varnapakittu with Dileep.
10. Manju Warrier
In 1996, Manju Warrier stepped into Malayalam industry as a lead actress, through the film Sallapam with Dileep. Sallapam, directed by Sundar Das, led to the fame of Dileep and Manju. It was at the age of 17, the prominent actress, entered into movies as a child artist in the film Sakshyam, which was released in 1995. Her next film Ee Puzhayum Kadannu, was also with Dileep. Later on, in the year 1998, Dileep married Manju Warrier, but the couple got divorced in 2015.
For Updates like us
More from blogs
- Madhura Raja vs. Lucifer: Opening day collection comparison
- Highest grossing South Indian movies at UAE - GCC Box Office
- Highest grossing Malayalam movies at Karnataka Box Office
- Odiyan vs. Lucifer: Opening day collection comparison
- Most anticipated Malayalam movies of 2019
- Malayalam Movies 2018: Major disappointments
- Highest grossing Malayalam films at Trivandrum Multiplexes
- Highest grossing Malayalam movies at US Box office 2018
- Year End Review - Best Malayalam Movies of 2018
More from boxoffice
- Prathi Poovankozhi Box Office Collection Report
- Valiyaperunnal Box Office Collection Report
- Driving Licence Box Office Collection Report
- Mamangam Kerala Box Office Collection - Area wise breakup
- Mamangam Box Office World wide Collection Report
- Moothon Box Office Collection Report
- Helen Box Office Collection Report
- Jack & Daniel Box Office Collection Report
- Android Kunjappan Version 5.25 Box Office Collection Report
More from News
- Urvashi pairs up with Dileep in Kesu Ee Veedinte Nadhan
- Joju to team up with Ahammed Khabeer again after June
- Lal to pen script for Lal Jr’s next movie
- Nikhila Vimal added to the cast of Mammootty’s next
- Anu Sithara to pair up with Jayasurya again in Aposthalan
- Here’s the title of Kunchacko Boban - John Paul movie
- Tovino Thomas’s big budget superhero movie starts rolling
- Mammootty to play a priest in his next movie?
- Popular cinematographer Ramachandra Babu passes away