8 great movies that would be imperfect without Mohanlal
Mohanlal is a kind of actor who delivers mind-blowing performance even if the movie is bad. So, it is such a hard task to sort out 8 best performance of the actor.
In Vanaprastham we can’t see any glimpses of Mohanlal, only Kunhikuttan is there. He even trained Kathakali for giving cent perfection to his character in the movie. Mohanlal's terrific performance as a lower-caste Kathakali artist in the movie was rewarded with many awards including Kerala state award and National award.
Kireedam is undoubtedly one of the best movies ever produced by Malayalam film industry. Mohanlal’s terrific performance is the major highlight of the movie. He handled the role of the tragic hero exceptionally well by delivering realistic facial expressions and exact body language. Mohanlal received National film award for his performance in the movie.
The performance delivered by Mohanlal in Bharatham was just amazing. He has received many awards including National film awards and Kerala state film awards. In 2013, Forbes India listed Mohanlal's performance in this musical movie among ‘25 Greatest Acting Performances of Indian Cinema’.
Sadayam, written by legendary Malayalam writer M.T. Vasudevan Nair and directed by Sibi Malayil, travels through the life of a prisoner, who murdered four persons including two young girls. Mohanlal lives the role of Sathyanathan, a painter turned murderer. However, he didn’t get deserved appreciation from connoisseurs for this performance.
Devasuram directed by IV Sasi is a perfect blend of class and mass. The protagonist Mangalaserry Neelakandan, which is inspired from the real life of Mullassery Rajagopal, played by Mohanlal is undoubtedly one of the most powerful characters ever witnessed by the Malayalam film industry.
Blessy’s Mohanlal starrer Thanmathra will surely make you cry even if you are a stone-hearted person. The movie tells the story of Rameshan, a common man diagnosed with Alzheimer’s, whose biggest dream was to see his son as an IAS officer. Mohanlal received Kerala State Film Awards for best actor for playing Rameshan with utmost perfection.
Pavithram directed by T. K. Rajeev Kumar portrays the relationship between a girl and his elder brother, who sacrificed everything for her. The actor’s transformation from a young man to a matured middle aged man for the movie was realistic. Mohanlal won Filmfare Award for Best Actor for his performance in the movie.
Bhramaram is one another movie in which Mohanlal showcased his exceptional acting skills. His performances, especially in pre-climax portions were simply brilliant. He received many awards including Filmfare Awards and Asianet film awards for his performance in the movie.
For Updates like us
More from blogs
- Madhura Raja vs. Lucifer: Opening day collection comparison
- Highest grossing South Indian movies at UAE - GCC Box Office
- Highest grossing Malayalam movies at Karnataka Box Office
- Odiyan vs. Lucifer: Opening day collection comparison
- Most anticipated Malayalam movies of 2019
- Malayalam Movies 2018: Major disappointments
- Highest grossing Malayalam films at Trivandrum Multiplexes
- Highest grossing Malayalam movies at US Box office 2018
- Year End Review - Best Malayalam Movies of 2018
More from boxoffice
- Big brother Box office report
- Prathi Poovankozhi Box Office Collection Report
- Valiyaperunnal Box Office Collection Report
- Driving Licence Box Office Collection Report
- Mamangam Kerala Box Office Collection - Area wise breakup
- Mamangam Box Office World wide Collection Report
- Moothon Box Office Collection Report
- Helen Box Office Collection Report
- Jack & Daniel Box Office Collection Report
More from News
- Urvashi pairs up with Dileep in Kesu Ee Veedinte Nadhan
- Joju to team up with Ahammed Khabeer again after June
- Lal to pen script for Lal Jr’s next movie
- Nikhila Vimal added to the cast of Mammootty’s next
- Anu Sithara to pair up with Jayasurya again in Aposthalan
- Here’s the title of Kunchacko Boban - John Paul movie
- Tovino Thomas’s big budget superhero movie starts rolling
- Mammootty to play a priest in his next movie?
- Popular cinematographer Ramachandra Babu passes away