6 Underrated Malayalam actresses
Sometimes talent is not enough to make big in film industry. It depends upon luck and grabbing the opportunities at right time. Here we discuss some of the talented actress who could have got much more roles in leading roles in Malayalam industry.
1. Aparna Gopinath
A theatre artist, who turned into a likable heroine in Malayalam, Aparna Gopinath made her debut with the movie 'ABCD'. Though she played lead roles in some good movies, she did not get much recognition. Her role in the film 'Munnariyippu' was held in high regards. Also her performance in School Bus is much apprecited. But Aparna, being a very talented actress, must have got good opportunities to showcase her potential in the silver screen.
2. Surabhi Lakshmi
Surabhi was accepted as one of the most talented actressess in India, as she was awarded the National Award for best actress in 2017. Interestingly she is the fifth Malayalam actress who won the National Award for Best Actress. This wonderful actress was given cameo and supporting roles in Malayalam films, like Swapna Sanchari, Ayalum Njanum Thammil, Ennu Ninte Moideen etc. . It is miserable that a full fledged character role was not yet given to this gifted actress other than in 'Minnaminungu: The Firefly', which led Surabhi to become a National Award winner.
Lena is noted as one of the most talented Malayalam actressess of recent times, but unfortunately she did not get much lead roles in the films. Lena made her debut in the critically acclaimed movie 'Sneham (1998)', directed by Jayaraj. Her career had suffered a low after some recognizable performance in 'Randam Bhavam' and 'Kochu kochu santhoshangal'. Nowadays she is appearing in supporting character roles. She is stuck with stereo-type sister and mother roles in most of the recent movies. But her role in 'Ennu Ninte Moideen', as Moideen's mother, was very much appreciated by the audience.
4. Ramya Nambeesan
Ramya, being a wonderful actress, proved to be a good singer and a television anchor also. Ramya commenced her acting career as a child artist in 'Sayahnam'. She then appeared in a live television programme and part of some films too. But she got a break in her career in the movie 'Aanachandam', by playing the female lead. Her role in 'Chappa Kurishu' was controversial as she had to do a lip-to-lip kiss with Fahadh Faasil. Ramya did not get much acceptance in Malayalam movies as an actress. She could not come up as a lead heroine but she could make her part strong in Malayalam industry as a singer.
5. Aparna Nair
Aparna Nair debuted in 'Mayookham', but it was a cameo appearance. She got a character role, for the first time, in the movie 'Nivedyam', which was released in 2007. But it was after 2 years she then did movies. She was not given much interesting roles in movies. Her roles in the movies 'Cocktail', 'Beautiful', 'Mallu Singh', ' Thattathin Marayathu', 'Silence' were just notable, but nothing much to perform. She had a great opportunity to share stage with Mohanlal and Mukesh for the play Chayamukhi. She did the role of Panchali in the play. She also acted in some short films which were hit in social medias.
Ananya has acted in almost 20 plus Malayalam movies and she is quite famous in south film industry. How many of you know that this multi-talented actress stepped into film industry as a child artist in 'Pai Brothers', which was produced by her father. She has done mesmerizing roles in Tamil movies like Engaeyum Eppothum and Naadodigal. But even though being a talented actress, Ananya was not much recognized by her home land.
For Updates like us
More from blogs
- Madhura Raja vs. Lucifer: Opening day collection comparison
- Highest grossing South Indian movies at UAE - GCC Box Office
- Highest grossing Malayalam movies at Karnataka Box Office
- Odiyan vs. Lucifer: Opening day collection comparison
- Most anticipated Malayalam movies of 2019
- Malayalam Movies 2018: Major disappointments
- Highest grossing Malayalam films at Trivandrum Multiplexes
- Highest grossing Malayalam movies at US Box office 2018
- Year End Review - Best Malayalam Movies of 2018
More from boxoffice
- Big brother Box office report
- Prathi Poovankozhi Box Office Collection Report
- Valiyaperunnal Box Office Collection Report
- Driving Licence Box Office Collection Report
- Mamangam Kerala Box Office Collection - Area wise breakup
- Mamangam Box Office World wide Collection Report
- Moothon Box Office Collection Report
- Helen Box Office Collection Report
- Jack & Daniel Box Office Collection Report
More from News
- Urvashi pairs up with Dileep in Kesu Ee Veedinte Nadhan
- Joju to team up with Ahammed Khabeer again after June
- Lal to pen script for Lal Jr’s next movie
- Nikhila Vimal added to the cast of Mammootty’s next
- Anu Sithara to pair up with Jayasurya again in Aposthalan
- Here’s the title of Kunchacko Boban - John Paul movie
- Tovino Thomas’s big budget superhero movie starts rolling
- Mammootty to play a priest in his next movie?
- Popular cinematographer Ramachandra Babu passes away