6 most disappointing Malayalam movies of 2017 so far
In the first half of 2017 Malayalam film industry has witnessed many good Malayalam movies including Angamaly Diaries, Take Off, Ezra, etc. However, there were some duds as well. Here are six most disappointing Malayalam movies of 2017 released so far.
1. 1971 Beyond Borders
Expectations were sky high, as 1971 Beyond Borders was the fourth instalment of Mohanlal’s Major Mahadevan series after Keerthi Chakra, Kurukshetra and Kandahar. However, the movie was not much engaging and the screenplay wasn’t intriguing enough to satiate the audience who expected another good war movie from Major Ravi - Mohanlal team.
2. Honey Bee 2: Celebrations
The second part of Honey Bee, which was announced back in 2013 following the success of Asif Ali’ s cult classic Honey Bee, miserably failed to recreate the same magic yet again at the box office and became a disaster. Deepak Dev’s energetic music is the only positive thing about the movie, which is directed by Jean Paul Lal.
Fukri, written and directed by hit maker Siddique and starring Jayasurya in the lead role, was one of the most anticipated movies of the season. But, the movie, which had a predictable and uninspiring storyline, failed to garner favorable response from audiences and consequently crashed at the box office.
Expectations were too high as Alamara is a movie from the team Midhun Manuel Thomas and Sunny Wayne after the superhit Annmariya Kalippilaanu. But this family – comedy entertainer, written by John Manthrickal, couldn’t live up to the hype and ended up becoming a box office flop.
5. Georgettan's Pooram
After releasing a pretty decent trailer, the expectation over Georgettan's Pooram had increased and everyone expected a nice comedy entertainer from Dileep. But the movie, directed by Dr Love fame Biju, is filled with some poor jokes, which irritated more than they made us laugh and some unrealistic clichéd scenes.
6. Puthan Panam
The main attraction factor toward this movie was Mammootty - Renjith combo. The have teamed up for many acclaimed movies like Paleri Manikyam: Oru Pathirakolapathakathinte Katha, Pranchiyettan and The Saint and Kaiyoppu. But Puthan Panam, written by P. V. Shajikumar, was a critical disappointment in a pretty major way.
You may like
For Updates like us
More from blogs
- Mollywood celebrities who started their career as TV actors
- Verdict of box office wars between Dileep and Manju Warrier
- Malayalam Pooja Releases 2017
- 10 most memorable cameos of all time in Malayalam cinema
- Top opening weekend Malayalam grossers in UAE 2017
- Highest grossing Malayalam films in Tamil Nadu 2017
- Onam 2017 releases who is the real winner?
- 6 best characters played by Mammootty this decade
- Onam movies 2017 – Opening day box-office analysis
More from boxoffice
- LavaKusha box office collection report
- Solo box office collection report
- Sherlock Toms box office collection report
- Tharangam box office collection report
- Udaharanam Sujatha box office collection report
- Ramaleela box office collection report
- Pokkiri Simon Box office Collection Report
- Parava box office collection report
- Adam Joan box office collection report
More from News
- Shane Nigam starrer Eeda gets a fixed release date?
- Mammootty confirms that he will be a part of Maamaankam
- Mohanlal and Meena to pair up again for Ajoy Varma’s next
- Prithviraj Sukumaran’s Vimaanam gets a release date?
- Biju Menon’s Orayiram Kinakkalal to go on floors in December
- Nivin Pauly to essay N N Pillai in Rajeev Ravi’s next
- Anusree replaces Mamta in Daivame Kaithozham K Kumarakanam
- Shine Tom Chacko’s Ithihasa to have a sequel
- Shane Nigam to play lead in Dileesh Pothan’s next?