6 most disappointing Malayalam movies of 2017 so far
In the first half of 2017 Malayalam film industry has witnessed many good Malayalam movies including Angamaly Diaries, Take Off, Ezra, etc. However, there were some duds as well. Here are six most disappointing Malayalam movies of 2017 released so far.
1. 1971 Beyond Borders
Expectations were sky high, as 1971 Beyond Borders was the fourth instalment of Mohanlal’s Major Mahadevan series after Keerthi Chakra, Kurukshetra and Kandahar. However, the movie was not much engaging and the screenplay wasn’t intriguing enough to satiate the audience who expected another good war movie from Major Ravi - Mohanlal team.
2. Honey Bee 2: Celebrations
The second part of Honey Bee, which was announced back in 2013 following the success of Asif Ali’ s cult classic Honey Bee, miserably failed to recreate the same magic yet again at the box office and became a disaster. Deepak Dev’s energetic music is the only positive thing about the movie, which is directed by Jean Paul Lal.
Fukri, written and directed by hit maker Siddique and starring Jayasurya in the lead role, was one of the most anticipated movies of the season. But, the movie, which had a predictable and uninspiring storyline, failed to garner favorable response from audiences and consequently crashed at the box office.
Expectations were too high as Alamara is a movie from the team Midhun Manuel Thomas and Sunny Wayne after the superhit Annmariya Kalippilaanu. But this family – comedy entertainer, written by John Manthrickal, couldn’t live up to the hype and ended up becoming a box office flop.
5. Georgettan's Pooram
After releasing a pretty decent trailer, the expectation over Georgettan's Pooram had increased and everyone expected a nice comedy entertainer from Dileep. But the movie, directed by Dr Love fame Biju, is filled with some poor jokes, which irritated more than they made us laugh and some unrealistic clichéd scenes.
6. Puthan Panam
The main attraction factor toward this movie was Mammootty - Renjith combo. The have teamed up for many acclaimed movies like Paleri Manikyam: Oru Pathirakolapathakathinte Katha, Pranchiyettan and The Saint and Kaiyoppu. But Puthan Panam, written by P. V. Shajikumar, was a critical disappointment in a pretty major way.
For Updates like us
More from blogs
- Highest Grossing Indian Movies at UAE – GCC Box Office
- Madhura Raja vs. Lucifer: Opening day collection comparison
- Highest grossing South Indian movies at UAE - GCC Box Office
- Highest grossing Malayalam movies at Karnataka Box Office
- Odiyan vs. Lucifer: Opening day collection comparison
- Most anticipated Malayalam movies of 2019
- Malayalam Movies 2018: Major disappointments
- Highest grossing Malayalam films at Trivandrum Multiplexes
- Highest grossing Malayalam movies at US Box office 2018
More from boxoffice
- Trance box office collection report
- Anjaam Pathiraa Box office Collection Report
- Varane Avashyamund Box office Collection Report
- Ayyappanum Koshiyum Box office Collection Report
- Shylock box office collection report
- Big brother Box office report
- Prathi Poovankozhi Box Office Collection Report
- Valiyaperunnal Box Office Collection Report
- Driving Licence Box Office Collection Report
More from News
- Urvashi pairs up with Dileep in Kesu Ee Veedinte Nadhan
- Joju to team up with Ahammed Khabeer again after June
- Lal to pen script for Lal Jr’s next movie
- Nikhila Vimal added to the cast of Mammootty’s next
- Anu Sithara to pair up with Jayasurya again in Aposthalan
- Here’s the title of Kunchacko Boban - John Paul movie
- Tovino Thomas’s big budget superhero movie starts rolling
- Mammootty to play a priest in his next movie?
- Popular cinematographer Ramachandra Babu passes away