6 most disappointing Malayalam movies of 2017 so far
In the first half of 2017 Malayalam film industry has witnessed many good Malayalam movies including Angamaly Diaries, Take Off, Ezra, etc. However, there were some duds as well. Here are six most disappointing Malayalam movies of 2017 released so far.
1. 1971 Beyond Borders
Expectations were sky high, as 1971 Beyond Borders was the fourth instalment of Mohanlal’s Major Mahadevan series after Keerthi Chakra, Kurukshetra and Kandahar. However, the movie was not much engaging and the screenplay wasn’t intriguing enough to satiate the audience who expected another good war movie from Major Ravi - Mohanlal team.
2. Honey Bee 2: Celebrations
The second part of Honey Bee, which was announced back in 2013 following the success of Asif Ali’ s cult classic Honey Bee, miserably failed to recreate the same magic yet again at the box office and became a disaster. Deepak Dev’s energetic music is the only positive thing about the movie, which is directed by Jean Paul Lal.
Fukri, written and directed by hit maker Siddique and starring Jayasurya in the lead role, was one of the most anticipated movies of the season. But, the movie, which had a predictable and uninspiring storyline, failed to garner favorable response from audiences and consequently crashed at the box office.
Expectations were too high as Alamara is a movie from the team Midhun Manuel Thomas and Sunny Wayne after the superhit Annmariya Kalippilaanu. But this family – comedy entertainer, written by John Manthrickal, couldn’t live up to the hype and ended up becoming a box office flop.
5. Georgettan's Pooram
After releasing a pretty decent trailer, the expectation over Georgettan's Pooram had increased and everyone expected a nice comedy entertainer from Dileep. But the movie, directed by Dr Love fame Biju, is filled with some poor jokes, which irritated more than they made us laugh and some unrealistic clichéd scenes.
6. Puthan Panam
The main attraction factor toward this movie was Mammootty - Renjith combo. The have teamed up for many acclaimed movies like Paleri Manikyam: Oru Pathirakolapathakathinte Katha, Pranchiyettan and The Saint and Kaiyoppu. But Puthan Panam, written by P. V. Shajikumar, was a critical disappointment in a pretty major way.
You may like
For Updates like us
More from blogs
- Most awaited Malayalam movies of 2018
- Highest Paid Mollywood Actress 2017 - 18, Salary of Malayalam actresses
- Highest Paid Mollywood Actor 2017 - 18, Salary of Malayalam actors
- Highest grossing Malayalam movies at Kerala Box-office 2017
- Box-office performance scorecard of Malayalam actors 2017
- Best Malayalam Actress in 2017 - Year End Review
- Best Malayalam Actor in 2017 - Year End Review
- Best Malayalam Movies of 2017 - Year End Review
- Highest grossing Tamil movies at Kerala box-office 2017
More from boxoffice
- Street Lights box office collection report
- Aadhi box office collection report
- Shikkari Shambhu box office collection report
- Carbon box office collection report
- Daivame Kaithozham K Kumarakanam box office collection report
- Queen box office collection report
- Eeda box office collection report
- Diwanjimoola Grand Prix box office collection report
- Velaikkaran box office collection report
More from News
- Sunday Holiday fame Jis Joy’s next is with Kunchacko Boban
- Hariharan and MT team to reunite for a Mammootty movie?
- Mohanlal’s next movie with Ajoy Varma gets a title?
- Mammootty to speak Thrissur slang again in his next
- Malayalam actor Sreenivasan hospitalized after a stroke
- Badai Bungalow fame Arya to launch a boutique firm
- Bhavana enters wedlock with Kannada producer Naveen
- Wow! Nazriya to share screen space with Fahadh Faasil
- Mohanlal replaces Mammootty in this Malayalam movie