6 most disappointing Malayalam movies of 2017 so far
In the first half of 2017 Malayalam film industry has witnessed many good Malayalam movies including Angamaly Diaries, Take Off, Ezra, etc. However, there were some duds as well. Here are six most disappointing Malayalam movies of 2017 released so far.
1. 1971 Beyond Borders
Expectations were sky high, as 1971 Beyond Borders was the fourth instalment of Mohanlal’s Major Mahadevan series after Keerthi Chakra, Kurukshetra and Kandahar. However, the movie was not much engaging and the screenplay wasn’t intriguing enough to satiate the audience who expected another good war movie from Major Ravi - Mohanlal team.
2. Honey Bee 2: Celebrations
The second part of Honey Bee, which was announced back in 2013 following the success of Asif Ali’ s cult classic Honey Bee, miserably failed to recreate the same magic yet again at the box office and became a disaster. Deepak Dev’s energetic music is the only positive thing about the movie, which is directed by Jean Paul Lal.
Fukri, written and directed by hit maker Siddique and starring Jayasurya in the lead role, was one of the most anticipated movies of the season. But, the movie, which had a predictable and uninspiring storyline, failed to garner favorable response from audiences and consequently crashed at the box office.
Expectations were too high as Alamara is a movie from the team Midhun Manuel Thomas and Sunny Wayne after the superhit Annmariya Kalippilaanu. But this family – comedy entertainer, written by John Manthrickal, couldn’t live up to the hype and ended up becoming a box office flop.
5. Georgettan's Pooram
After releasing a pretty decent trailer, the expectation over Georgettan's Pooram had increased and everyone expected a nice comedy entertainer from Dileep. But the movie, directed by Dr Love fame Biju, is filled with some poor jokes, which irritated more than they made us laugh and some unrealistic clichéd scenes.
6. Puthan Panam
The main attraction factor toward this movie was Mammootty - Renjith combo. The have teamed up for many acclaimed movies like Paleri Manikyam: Oru Pathirakolapathakathinte Katha, Pranchiyettan and The Saint and Kaiyoppu. But Puthan Panam, written by P. V. Shajikumar, was a critical disappointment in a pretty major way.
For Updates like us
More from blogs
- Highest grossing Malayalam movies at Calicut box office 2018
- 7 Tamil movies with biggest opening at Kochi multiplexes
- Top 7 upcoming big-budget Malayalam movies 2018 – 2019
- Highest grossing Malayalam movies at Kerala box office 2018
- Malayalam films with top opening weekend gross in Tamil Nadu
- Highest grossing Malayalam movies at UAE box office - 2018
- Movies with highest opening at Kerala Box Office 2018
- Top 10 most viewed Malayalam teasers/trailers on Facebook
- 5 reasons to watch Aadhi
More from boxoffice
- Neerali Box Office Collection
- My Story Box Office Collection
- Abrahaminte Santhathikal Box Office Collection
- Njan Marykutty Box Office Collection
- Kaala Box Office Collection
- Mahanati Kerala Box Office Collection
- B Tech Box Office Collection
- Ente Peru Surya Ente Veedu India Kerala Box Office Collection
- Avengers: Infinity War Kerala Box Office Collection
More from News
- Fahadh Faasil starrer Njan Prakashan goes on floors
- Mohanlal – Prithviraj team’s Lucifer starts rolling
- Nivin Pauly – Nayanthara team’s next starts rolling
- Nivin Pauly’s next with Haneef Adeni gets an angelic title
- Nivin Pauly’s next film with Vysakh is titled as Gouri
- Confirmed! Vivek Oberoi to play a key role in Lucifer
- Durga Krishna is the female lead in Dhyan Sreenivasan’s next
- Pranav Mohanlal’s next with Arun Gopy gets a title
- Dulquer starts shooting for Oru Yamandan Premakadha