6 most disappointing Malayalam movies of 2017 so far
In the first half of 2017 Malayalam film industry has witnessed many good Malayalam movies including Angamaly Diaries, Take Off, Ezra, etc. However, there were some duds as well. Here are six most disappointing Malayalam movies of 2017 released so far.
1. 1971 Beyond Borders
Expectations were sky high, as 1971 Beyond Borders was the fourth instalment of Mohanlal’s Major Mahadevan series after Keerthi Chakra, Kurukshetra and Kandahar. However, the movie was not much engaging and the screenplay wasn’t intriguing enough to satiate the audience who expected another good war movie from Major Ravi - Mohanlal team.
2. Honey Bee 2: Celebrations
The second part of Honey Bee, which was announced back in 2013 following the success of Asif Ali’ s cult classic Honey Bee, miserably failed to recreate the same magic yet again at the box office and became a disaster. Deepak Dev’s energetic music is the only positive thing about the movie, which is directed by Jean Paul Lal.
Fukri, written and directed by hit maker Siddique and starring Jayasurya in the lead role, was one of the most anticipated movies of the season. But, the movie, which had a predictable and uninspiring storyline, failed to garner favorable response from audiences and consequently crashed at the box office.
Expectations were too high as Alamara is a movie from the team Midhun Manuel Thomas and Sunny Wayne after the superhit Annmariya Kalippilaanu. But this family – comedy entertainer, written by John Manthrickal, couldn’t live up to the hype and ended up becoming a box office flop.
5. Georgettan's Pooram
After releasing a pretty decent trailer, the expectation over Georgettan's Pooram had increased and everyone expected a nice comedy entertainer from Dileep. But the movie, directed by Dr Love fame Biju, is filled with some poor jokes, which irritated more than they made us laugh and some unrealistic clichéd scenes.
6. Puthan Panam
The main attraction factor toward this movie was Mammootty - Renjith combo. The have teamed up for many acclaimed movies like Paleri Manikyam: Oru Pathirakolapathakathinte Katha, Pranchiyettan and The Saint and Kaiyoppu. But Puthan Panam, written by P. V. Shajikumar, was a critical disappointment in a pretty major way.
You may like
For Updates like us
More from blogs
- Highest grossing Malayalam movies at the USA box-office 2017
- Highest grossers of Tamil superstars at Kerala box-office
- 5 Malayalam actors who started well but soon faded
- Top 10 longest running Malayalam movies of 2017
- Highest grossing Malayalam movies at Aries Plex Trivandrum
- 6 most anticipated upcoming Malayalam sequel movies
- Malayalam actors who secured state award for their debut movie
- 5 Brilliant performances by so-called mediocre Malayalam actors
- 5 reasons to watch Mohanlal's Villain
More from boxoffice
- Goodalochana box office collection report
- Aakashamittayee box office collection report
- Villain Box office collection report
- Kaattu box office collection report
- Mersal Kerala Box office Collection Report
- LavaKusha box office collection report
- Solo box office collection report
- Sherlock Toms box office collection report
- Tharangam box office collection report
More from News
- Masterpiece fame Ajai Vasudev to team up with Dileep
- I’m not directing Kumbalangi Nights, says Dileesh Pothan
- Kalpana's daughter Sreesankhya to make her acting debut
- Amala’s reaction to the Kayamkulam Kochunni cast change
- This actress replaced Amala Paul in Kayamkulam Kochunni
- Siddharth completes his portions for Kammara Sambhavam
- Anoop Menon, Unni Mukundan team’s next gets a title
- Ineya has been roped in to play Mammootty’s wife in Parole
- Nimisha Sajayan pairs up with Tovino for Madhupal’s next