6 most disappointing Malayalam movies of 2017 so far
In the first half of 2017 Malayalam film industry has witnessed many good Malayalam movies including Angamaly Diaries, Take Off, Ezra, etc. However, there were some duds as well. Here are six most disappointing Malayalam movies of 2017 released so far.
1. 1971 Beyond Borders
Expectations were sky high, as 1971 Beyond Borders was the fourth instalment of Mohanlal’s Major Mahadevan series after Keerthi Chakra, Kurukshetra and Kandahar. However, the movie was not much engaging and the screenplay wasn’t intriguing enough to satiate the audience who expected another good war movie from Major Ravi - Mohanlal team.
2. Honey Bee 2: Celebrations
The second part of Honey Bee, which was announced back in 2013 following the success of Asif Ali’ s cult classic Honey Bee, miserably failed to recreate the same magic yet again at the box office and became a disaster. Deepak Dev’s energetic music is the only positive thing about the movie, which is directed by Jean Paul Lal.
Fukri, written and directed by hit maker Siddique and starring Jayasurya in the lead role, was one of the most anticipated movies of the season. But, the movie, which had a predictable and uninspiring storyline, failed to garner favorable response from audiences and consequently crashed at the box office.
Expectations were too high as Alamara is a movie from the team Midhun Manuel Thomas and Sunny Wayne after the superhit Annmariya Kalippilaanu. But this family – comedy entertainer, written by John Manthrickal, couldn’t live up to the hype and ended up becoming a box office flop.
5. Georgettan's Pooram
After releasing a pretty decent trailer, the expectation over Georgettan's Pooram had increased and everyone expected a nice comedy entertainer from Dileep. But the movie, directed by Dr Love fame Biju, is filled with some poor jokes, which irritated more than they made us laugh and some unrealistic clichéd scenes.
6. Puthan Panam
The main attraction factor toward this movie was Mammootty - Renjith combo. The have teamed up for many acclaimed movies like Paleri Manikyam: Oru Pathirakolapathakathinte Katha, Pranchiyettan and The Saint and Kaiyoppu. But Puthan Panam, written by P. V. Shajikumar, was a critical disappointment in a pretty major way.
You may like
For Updates like us
More from blogs
- 7 Malayalam movie stars who started out as TV anchors
- Films that prove Fahadh is the most versatile actor of our generation
- Malayalam movies with highest show count in 2017 so far
- Top Malayalam opening day grossers at Cochinplexes in 2017
- 5 best movies of Dulquer Salmaan
- 7 Tamil movies with highest first day show count in Kerala
- 5 disappointing Malayalam movies with great trailers
- Superhit Malayalam movies of 2017
- 6 Malayalam actresses you may not know are married
More from boxoffice
- Chunkzz Box office Collection Report
- Varnyathil Aashanka Box office Collection Report
- Sunday Holiday Box office Collection Report
- Ayaal Sassi Box office Collection Report
- Tiyaan Box office Collection Report
- Thondimuthalum Driksakshiyum Box office Collection Report
- Roles Models box office collection report
- Oru Cinemaakkaran Box office Collection Report
- Avarude Raavukal Box office Collection Report
More from News
- Basil Joseph announced his next with Mammootty and Tovino
- Second schedule of Pranav’s Aadhi progressing in Bangalore
- Oozham fame Divya Pillai added to cast of Masterpiece
- Mohanlal to transform into animals in Odiyan
- Anjali makes a comeback to Mollywood after a hiatus
- Biju Menon’s Orayiram Kinakkalal- a tribute to Siddique-Lal
- Fahadh Faasil's Aanengilum Allengilum is a package of humour
- Priyanka Thimmesh signed up for 'Kayamkulam Kochunni'
- Sunny Wayne to opt out Rosapoo for Kayamkulam Kochunni