6 Malayalam actors who played father - son duo
Many of our actors including Mohanlal, Mammootty, Dileep and Jayaram have played multiple roles in many movies. However, playing their character’s father in the movie is not so common in Malayalam cinema. Here is the list of six Malayalam actors who played their character’s father in the same movie.
1990 movie Parampara directed by Sibi Malayil is the first movie in which the megastar had appeared as father and son. Later in 2000, in the cult classic Dada Sahib he has again appeared as father and son. In 2009, director Ranjith made a good choice by casting Mammootty in three different roles in the movie Paleri Manikyam: Oru Pathirakolapathakathinte Katha. He has appeared as father and son once again in the movie Balyakalasakhi, which was released in 2014.
Mohanlal had appeared as father and son in movies multiple times. We saw him playing Mangalassery Neelakandan and his son Mangalassery Karthikeyan in the movie Raavanaprabhu and Shooranad Pappoyi and his son Shooranad Kunju in the movie Udayon. Notably his mannerisms for both characters were incredibly different.
3. Suresh Gopi
We all are familiar with Suresh Gopi playing a dual role in the movie Time, in which he appeared as Dr. Appan Menon I.P.S and his father Vishwanatha Menon. Incidentally, he has appeared as onscreen father and son even before Time. The 2002 movie Www.anukudumbam.com also featured him playing as son and father in a cameo appearance.
4. Prithviraj Sukumaran
In Celluloid, the movie that tells the story of first Malayalam film director J C Daniel, Prithviraj played Daniel as well as his son Harris Daniel. His makeover for the movie by reducing weight and by wearing special prosthetics for the movie was truly appreciable. He has even received Kerala state film award for best actor for his fantastic performance in the movie.
5. Prem Nazir
Prem Nazir era was the period in which double role was a trendsetter. Thus, the actor has appeared as father and son as many movies including Makane Ninakku Vendi and Postmane Kananilla. He has even appeared in triple roles, in movies such as Amme Narayana, Pushpanjali and Ernakulam Junction.
Sathyan Master is considered as one of the finest actors ever produced by Malayalam film industry. In 1969 Malayalam movie Kadalpalam, he played roles of Narayana Kaimal, a disciplinarian and his rebellious son Raghu. His performance in the movie was purely exceptional and won the first Kerala state film award for best actor.
For Updates like us
More from blogs
- Madhura Raja vs. Lucifer: Opening day collection comparison
- Highest grossing South Indian movies at UAE - GCC Box Office
- Highest grossing Malayalam movies at Karnataka Box Office
- Odiyan vs. Lucifer: Opening day collection comparison
- Most anticipated Malayalam movies of 2019
- Malayalam Movies 2018: Major disappointments
- Highest grossing Malayalam films at Trivandrum Multiplexes
- Highest grossing Malayalam movies at US Box office 2018
- Year End Review - Best Malayalam Movies of 2018
More from boxoffice
- Oru Yamandan Premakadha Box Office Collection
- Madhura Raja Worldwide Box Office Collection
- Athiran Box Office Collection
- Madhura Raja Kerala Box Office Collection
- Mera Naam Shaji Box Office Collection
- Lucifer Worldwide Box Office Collection
- Lucifer Kerala Box Office Collection
- Argentina Fans Kaattoorkadavu Box Office Collection
- Mr. & Ms. Rowdy Box Office Collection
More from News
- Bobby Sanjay’s next movie with Mammootty gets a title
- Mammootty’s MadhuraRaja crosses 80 Crore mark
- Satna Titus is all set to make her Mollywood debut soon
- Vineeth to star in Gireesh AD’s debut directorial venture
- Uyare to be the first Malayalam movie released in Korea
- Its a wrap up for Lal Jose – Biju Menon team’s Nalpathiyonnu
- Dulquer’s maiden production venture is not titled yet
- Indrajith starrer Paapam Cheyyathavar Kalleriyatte to go on floors soon
- Omar Lulu’s next movie with Chunkzz team gets a title