6 Malayalam actors who played father - son duo
Many of our actors including Mohanlal, Mammootty, Dileep and Jayaram have played multiple roles in many movies. However, playing their character’s father in the movie is not so common in Malayalam cinema. Here is the list of six Malayalam actors who played their character’s father in the same movie.
1990 movie Parampara directed by Sibi Malayil is the first movie in which the megastar had appeared as father and son. Later in 2000, in the cult classic Dada Sahib he has again appeared as father and son. In 2009, director Ranjith made a good choice by casting Mammootty in three different roles in the movie Paleri Manikyam: Oru Pathirakolapathakathinte Katha. He has appeared as father and son once again in the movie Balyakalasakhi, which was released in 2014.
Mohanlal had appeared as father and son in movies multiple times. We saw him playing Mangalassery Neelakandan and his son Mangalassery Karthikeyan in the movie Raavanaprabhu and Shooranad Pappoyi and his son Shooranad Kunju in the movie Udayon. Notably his mannerisms for both characters were incredibly different.
3. Suresh Gopi
We all are familiar with Suresh Gopi playing a dual role in the movie Time, in which he appeared as Dr. Appan Menon I.P.S and his father Vishwanatha Menon. Incidentally, he has appeared as onscreen father and son even before Time. The 2002 movie Www.anukudumbam.com also featured him playing as son and father in a cameo appearance.
4. Prithviraj Sukumaran
In Celluloid, the movie that tells the story of first Malayalam film director J C Daniel, Prithviraj played Daniel as well as his son Harris Daniel. His makeover for the movie by reducing weight and by wearing special prosthetics for the movie was truly appreciable. He has even received Kerala state film award for best actor for his fantastic performance in the movie.
5. Prem Nazir
Prem Nazir era was the period in which double role was a trendsetter. Thus, the actor has appeared as father and son as many movies including Makane Ninakku Vendi and Postmane Kananilla. He has even appeared in triple roles, in movies such as Amme Narayana, Pushpanjali and Ernakulam Junction.
Sathyan Master is considered as one of the finest actors ever produced by Malayalam film industry. In 1969 Malayalam movie Kadalpalam, he played roles of Narayana Kaimal, a disciplinarian and his rebellious son Raghu. His performance in the movie was purely exceptional and won the first Kerala state film award for best actor.
For Updates like us
More from blogs
- Malayalam Movies 2018: Major disappointments
- Highest grossing Malayalam films at Trivandrum Multiplexes
- Highest grossing Malayalam movies at US Box office 2018
- Year End Review - Best Malayalam Movies of 2018
- Actors with most 30 Crore movies at Kerala Box Office
- Christmas Movies 2018: Who is the real winner?
- Top 7 Malayalam movies with highest fans show count
- 5 reasons why Odiyan might set a new benchmark in Mollywood
- Malayalam Onam movies 2018 - Here’s what to expect
More from boxoffice
- Kodathi Samaksham Balan Vakeel Box Office Collection
- Oru Adaar Love Box Office Collection
- Lonappante Mammodisa Box Office Collection
- 9 Box Office Collection
- Kumbalangi Nights Box Office Collection
- Allu Ramendran Box Office Collection
- Peranbu Box Office Collection
- Irupathiyonnaam Noottaandu Box Office Collection
- Neeyum Njanum Box Office
More from News
- Lucifer to be released in over 1500 theatres worldwide
- Fahadh Faasil plays a pastor in Anwar Rasheed’s Trance
- Bhadran is all set to make a comeback with a Soubin starrer
- Rajisha Vijayan to pair up with Niranj for a sports drama
- Dileep – Anu Sithara team’s ShubhaRathri goes on floors
- Anwar Rasheed turns producer again with Valiya Perunnal
- Kannan Thamarakkulam to team up with Jayaram again
- Prithviraj – Shajon team’s Brother’s Day goes on floors
- Tovino Thomas to direct Sreenivasan in his next movie!