6 best characters played by Mammootty this decade
Mammootty is, undoubtedly, one of the most talented actors in the country. He is a kind of actor, who sharpen up his acting ability steadily. Here are the six best characters played by Mammootty in this decade.
1. Pallikkal Narayanan
In Pathemari, Mammootty has essayed the senescence of Pallikkal Narayanan, a young man who migrated to Persia with a group of people on a Pathemari, a variety of dhow, in 1960s, to lead a better life. His acting was soulful and various age transformations of him were realistic. He got numerous awards in including Ramu Kariat Film Awards and Flowers Indian Film Awards for his performance in the movie.
Mammukka’s heart touching performance is the main factor that made the movie, Varsham, to the next level. In this movie he portrayed the role of Venu, a self-made businessman who cares only about himself and his family. He outdid his role of an arrogant businessman and a jealous parent who imposes his dreams on his son and his transformation after the tragic death of his son. He got wide critical acclaim and won numerous awards for his performance in the movie.
3. C K Raghavan
In Munnariyippu, directed by cinematographer turned director Venu, Mammootty played the role of C K Raghavan, a prisoner accused of twin-murder. Raghavan claimed that he never killed them but refuses to leave the prison even after completing his term in jail. Mammootty’s ability to transform himself into the character made Raghavan one of the finest movie characters ever in Mollywood and is one of the, if not the best character Mammootty played in this decade. The movie was a critical success and won many awards too.
4. Kutty Srank
Mammootty gave one of his career best performances in national award winning movie Kutty Srank. He played the role of a multifaceted sailor who operated cargo vessels in Kodungalloor port. In the movie, the character of Kutty Srank is narrated through the perspective of three women and Mammootty adopts brilliantly to the mannerisms of the three different characters. He even speaks three dialects in this movie. The movie won 5 National awards including the one for best feature film while Mammootty was amongst the two finalists for the Best Actor award though eventually lost it to Amitabh Bachchan.
Mammootty amazed us with the role of an unnamed traveler in the segment Puram Kazhchakal directed by Lal Jose which was included in the anthology film Kerala Café produced by Ranjith. He effortlessly portrays the impatient and angry traveler who urges the driver to go fast. His acting especially in its surprising and heart-touching ending can easily be considered one of his best in this decade.
6. Murikkum Kunnathu Ahmed Haji
In the movie Paleri Manikyam: Oru Pathirakolapathakathinte Katha Mammootty played three different roles of Ahmed Haji, Haridas, and Khalid Ahmed. Role of Murikkum Kunnathu Ahmed Haji was especially memorable and he transformed himself into the role of the rich landlord who is more like a typical villain. His performance in the movie won him Kerala State Film Award for the Best Actor and also won many other awards including Asianet Film Awards, Vanitha Film Awards and Surya Film Awards.
For Updates like us
More from blogs
- Madhura Raja vs. Lucifer: Opening day collection comparison
- Highest grossing South Indian movies at UAE - GCC Box Office
- Highest grossing Malayalam movies at Karnataka Box Office
- Odiyan vs. Lucifer: Opening day collection comparison
- Most anticipated Malayalam movies of 2019
- Malayalam Movies 2018: Major disappointments
- Highest grossing Malayalam films at Trivandrum Multiplexes
- Highest grossing Malayalam movies at US Box office 2018
- Year End Review - Best Malayalam Movies of 2018
More from boxoffice
- Trance box office collection report
- Anjaam Pathiraa Box office Collection Report
- Varane Avashyamund Box office Collection Report
- Ayyappanum Koshiyum Box office Collection Report
- Shylock box office collection report
- Big brother Box office report
- Prathi Poovankozhi Box Office Collection Report
- Valiyaperunnal Box Office Collection Report
- Driving Licence Box Office Collection Report
More from News
- Urvashi pairs up with Dileep in Kesu Ee Veedinte Nadhan
- Joju to team up with Ahammed Khabeer again after June
- Lal to pen script for Lal Jr’s next movie
- Nikhila Vimal added to the cast of Mammootty’s next
- Anu Sithara to pair up with Jayasurya again in Aposthalan
- Here’s the title of Kunchacko Boban - John Paul movie
- Tovino Thomas’s big budget superhero movie starts rolling
- Mammootty to play a priest in his next movie?
- Popular cinematographer Ramachandra Babu passes away