6 best characters played by Mammootty this decade
Mammootty is, undoubtedly, one of the most talented actors in the country. He is a kind of actor, who sharpen up his acting ability steadily. Here are the six best characters played by Mammootty in this decade.
1. Pallikkal Narayanan
In Pathemari, Mammootty has essayed the senescence of Pallikkal Narayanan, a young man who migrated to Persia with a group of people on a Pathemari, a variety of dhow, in 1960s, to lead a better life. His acting was soulful and various age transformations of him were realistic. He got numerous awards in including Ramu Kariat Film Awards and Flowers Indian Film Awards for his performance in the movie.
Mammukka’s heart touching performance is the main factor that made the movie, Varsham, to the next level. In this movie he portrayed the role of Venu, a self-made businessman who cares only about himself and his family. He outdid his role of an arrogant businessman and a jealous parent who imposes his dreams on his son and his transformation after the tragic death of his son. He got wide critical acclaim and won numerous awards for his performance in the movie.
3. C K Raghavan
In Munnariyippu, directed by cinematographer turned director Venu, Mammootty played the role of C K Raghavan, a prisoner accused of twin-murder. Raghavan claimed that he never killed them but refuses to leave the prison even after completing his term in jail. Mammootty’s ability to transform himself into the character made Raghavan one of the finest movie characters ever in Mollywood and is one of the, if not the best character Mammootty played in this decade. The movie was a critical success and won many awards too.
4. Kutty Srank
Mammootty gave one of his career best performances in national award winning movie Kutty Srank. He played the role of a multifaceted sailor who operated cargo vessels in Kodungalloor port. In the movie, the character of Kutty Srank is narrated through the perspective of three women and Mammootty adopts brilliantly to the mannerisms of the three different characters. He even speaks three dialects in this movie. The movie won 5 National awards including the one for best feature film while Mammootty was amongst the two finalists for the Best Actor award though eventually lost it to Amitabh Bachchan.
Mammootty amazed us with the role of an unnamed traveler in the segment Puram Kazhchakal directed by Lal Jose which was included in the anthology film Kerala Café produced by Ranjith. He effortlessly portrays the impatient and angry traveler who urges the driver to go fast. His acting especially in its surprising and heart-touching ending can easily be considered one of his best in this decade.
6. Murikkum Kunnathu Ahmed Haji
In the movie Paleri Manikyam: Oru Pathirakolapathakathinte Katha Mammootty played three different roles of Ahmed Haji, Haridas, and Khalid Ahmed. Role of Murikkum Kunnathu Ahmed Haji was especially memorable and he transformed himself into the role of the rich landlord who is more like a typical villain. His performance in the movie won him Kerala State Film Award for the Best Actor and also won many other awards including Asianet Film Awards, Vanitha Film Awards and Surya Film Awards.
You may like
For Updates like us
More from blogs
- 5 Brilliant performances by so-called mediocre Malayalam actors
- 5 reasons to watch Mohanlal's Villain
- You may not know these Mollywood celebrities are relatives
- Upcoming Prithviraj movies that are worth waiting for
- Mollywood celebrities who started their career as TV actors
- Verdict of box office wars between Dileep and Manju Warrier
- Malayalam Pooja Releases 2017
- 10 most memorable cameos of all time in Malayalam cinema
- Top opening weekend Malayalam grossers in UAE 2017
More from boxoffice
- Aakashamittayee box office collection report
- Villain Box office collection report
- Kaattu box office collection report
- Mersal Kerala Box office Collection Report
- LavaKusha box office collection report
- Solo box office collection report
- Sherlock Toms box office collection report
- Tharangam box office collection report
- Udaharanam Sujatha box office collection report
More from News
- Mammootty teams up with Amal Neerad for Big B sequel
- Director Aji John turns actor again with Shikkari Shambhu
- Mammootty and Pranav Mohanlal to clash at the box-office?
- Rana Daggubati heads to Mollywood with Marthanda Varma
- Nimisha Sajayan is Kunchacko Boban’s pair in his next
- Mohanlal, Prakash Raj to share screen space after a hiatus
- Suraj turns singer with Kuttanpillayude Sivarathri
- This may be the new title of Mammootty’s Kozhi Thankachan
- Ranjith to play Prithviraj’s father in Anjali Menon’s next