6 best characters played by Mammootty this decade
Mammootty is, undoubtedly, one of the most talented actors in the country. He is a kind of actor, who sharpen up his acting ability steadily. Here are the six best characters played by Mammootty in this decade.
1. Pallikkal Narayanan
In Pathemari, Mammootty has essayed the senescence of Pallikkal Narayanan, a young man who migrated to Persia with a group of people on a Pathemari, a variety of dhow, in 1960s, to lead a better life. His acting was soulful and various age transformations of him were realistic. He got numerous awards in including Ramu Kariat Film Awards and Flowers Indian Film Awards for his performance in the movie.
Mammukka’s heart touching performance is the main factor that made the movie, Varsham, to the next level. In this movie he portrayed the role of Venu, a self-made businessman who cares only about himself and his family. He outdid his role of an arrogant businessman and a jealous parent who imposes his dreams on his son and his transformation after the tragic death of his son. He got wide critical acclaim and won numerous awards for his performance in the movie.
3. C K Raghavan
In Munnariyippu, directed by cinematographer turned director Venu, Mammootty played the role of C K Raghavan, a prisoner accused of twin-murder. Raghavan claimed that he never killed them but refuses to leave the prison even after completing his term in jail. Mammootty’s ability to transform himself into the character made Raghavan one of the finest movie characters ever in Mollywood and is one of the, if not the best character Mammootty played in this decade. The movie was a critical success and won many awards too.
4. Kutty Srank
Mammootty gave one of his career best performances in national award winning movie Kutty Srank. He played the role of a multifaceted sailor who operated cargo vessels in Kodungalloor port. In the movie, the character of Kutty Srank is narrated through the perspective of three women and Mammootty adopts brilliantly to the mannerisms of the three different characters. He even speaks three dialects in this movie. The movie won 5 National awards including the one for best feature film while Mammootty was amongst the two finalists for the Best Actor award though eventually lost it to Amitabh Bachchan.
Mammootty amazed us with the role of an unnamed traveler in the segment Puram Kazhchakal directed by Lal Jose which was included in the anthology film Kerala Café produced by Ranjith. He effortlessly portrays the impatient and angry traveler who urges the driver to go fast. His acting especially in its surprising and heart-touching ending can easily be considered one of his best in this decade.
6. Murikkum Kunnathu Ahmed Haji
In the movie Paleri Manikyam: Oru Pathirakolapathakathinte Katha Mammootty played three different roles of Ahmed Haji, Haridas, and Khalid Ahmed. Role of Murikkum Kunnathu Ahmed Haji was especially memorable and he transformed himself into the role of the rich landlord who is more like a typical villain. His performance in the movie won him Kerala State Film Award for the Best Actor and also won many other awards including Asianet Film Awards, Vanitha Film Awards and Surya Film Awards.
You may like
For Updates like us
More from blogs
- 5 reasons to watch Aadhi
- Most awaited Malayalam movies of 2018
- Highest Paid Mollywood Actress 2017 - 18, Salary of Malayalam actresses
- Highest Paid Mollywood Actor 2017 - 18, Salary of Malayalam actors
- Highest grossing Malayalam movies at Kerala Box-office 2017
- Box-office performance scorecard of Malayalam actors 2017
- Best Malayalam Actress in 2017 - Year End Review
- Best Malayalam Actor in 2017 - Year End Review
- Best Malayalam Movies of 2017 - Year End Review
More from boxoffice
- Kalyanam Box office collection report
- Captain Box office collection report
- Street Lights box office collection report
- Aadhi box office collection report
- Shikkari Shambhu box office collection report
- Carbon box office collection report
- Daivame Kaithozham K Kumarakanam box office collection report
- Queen box office collection report
- Eeda box office collection report
More from News
- Indrans’s Aalorukkam to hit the screens on March 23
- Vishnu Unnikrishnan to play the lead in Lijin Jose’s next
- Wow! Mammootty’s Kottayam Kunjachan is getting a sequel
- Young actor Neeraj Madhav to enter wedlock next month
- Dileep to pair up with Urvashi for Nadirshah’s next
- Asif Ali – Madonna Sebastian team’s Iblis starts rolling
- Prithviraj and Supriya launch their new production company
- Indrans wins Kerala state film award for best actor
- Mohanlal joins the sets of Odiyan for the final schedule