5 successful directorial debuts in Mollywood this year
2016 is an year which marked the entry and success of a lot of new faces in Malayalam film industry. Here is the list of directors who debuted and became successful in their venture.
1. Dileesh Pothan
Undoubtedly, Dileesh Pothan is one of the most successful directors of this year. His directorial debut Maheshinte Prathikaaram was a huge success at the box office. He also paved the path for the comeback of actor Fahad Faasil after continuous flops. Earlier he has worked as the assistant of Aashiq Abu in movies such as 22 Female Kottayam, Da Thadiya, and Gangster and acted in movies like Salt N' Pepper and 5 Sundarikal.
2. Omar Lulu
Omar Lulu made his debut as a scenarist and director with the surprise super hit of the year, Happy Wedding. Surprisingly, he does not have any previous experience in movie direction. He learned the basics of movie direction with the help of some online tutorials. The film was made at a budget of 2 Crores and collected more than 13Crores from theatres.
3. Khalid Rahman
Khalid Rahman is one such director, who debuted with a commercially successful movie, Anuraga Karikkin Vellam. The movie starring Biju Menon, Asif Ali, Asha Sarath, and Rajisha Vijayan in lead roles is scripted by Naveen Bhaskar. Khalid Rahman is the son of Khalid, one who plays the character 'Sumesh' in television series Marimayam and brother of famous cinematographer Shyju Khalid.
4. Liju Thomas
Kavi Udheshichath.? Is the first movie directed by Thomas Liju Thomas after the award-winning short film Ramaniyechiyude Namathil. The star cast of Kavi Udheshichath.? Includes Asif Ali, Biju Menon, Narain and Anju Kurian. The Movie is produced by Asif Ali himself under the banner of Adam's World of Imagination.
5. Ganesh Raj
Ganesh Raj debuted with latest sensational hit Aanandam. This campus movie is written and directed by Ganesh Raj, who earlier worked as the assistant of Vineeth Sreenivasan in movies such as Thattathin Marayathu. Aanandam, the movie which marked the debut of a bunch of newcomers, is produced Vineeth Sreenivasan under the banner of Habit of Life.
Along with them directors including Nithin Renji Panicker (Kasaba), Rishi Sivakumar (Valleem Thetti Pulleem Thetti), Vipin Das (Mudhugauv) etc have also shown their potential and we can expect better films from them soon.
For Updates like us
More from blogs
- Malayalam Movies 2018: Major disappointments
- Highest grossing Malayalam films at Trivandrum Multiplexes
- Highest grossing Malayalam movies at US Box office 2018
- Year End Review - Best Malayalam Movies of 2018
- Actors with most 30 Crore movies at Kerala Box Office
- Christmas Movies 2018: Who is the real winner?
- Top 7 Malayalam movies with highest fans show count
- 5 reasons why Odiyan might set a new benchmark in Mollywood
- Malayalam Onam movies 2018 - Here’s what to expect
More from boxoffice
- Vijay Superum Pournamiyum Box Office Collection
- Viswasam Kerala Box Office Collection
- Petta Kerala Box Office Collection
- Thattumpurathu Achuthan Box Office Collection
- Ente Ummante Peru Box Office Collection
- Pretham 2 Box Office Collection Report
- Njan Prakashan Box Office Collection Report
- Joseph Box Office Collection
- Odiyan Kerala Box Office Collection – Area wise breakup
More from News
- Sunny Leone to share screen space with Mammootty
- Parvathy to play the protagonist in Sidhartha Siva’s next
- Actor Anoop Menon is all set to don director’s hat
- Mamta Mohandas replaces Manju Warrier in Joju George’s next
- Veteran Malayalam filmmaker Lenin Rajendran passes away
- Ranjith to team up with Mammootty again after Puthan Panam
- Neeraj Madhav is all set to make his directorial debut
- Kalyani Priyadarshan wraps up Marakkar - Arabikadalinte Simham
- Renji Panicker to pen the script of Jeethu Joseph’s next