5 successful directorial debuts in Mollywood this year
2016 is an year which marked the entry and success of a lot of new faces in Malayalam film industry. Here is the list of directors who debuted and became successful in their venture.
1. Dileesh Pothan
Undoubtedly, Dileesh Pothan is one of the most successful directors of this year. His directorial debut Maheshinte Prathikaaram was a huge success at the box office. He also paved the path for the comeback of actor Fahad Faasil after continuous flops. Earlier he has worked as the assistant of Aashiq Abu in movies such as 22 Female Kottayam, Da Thadiya, and Gangster and acted in movies like Salt N' Pepper and 5 Sundarikal.
2. Omar Lulu
Omar Lulu made his debut as a scenarist and director with the surprise super hit of the year, Happy Wedding. Surprisingly, he does not have any previous experience in movie direction. He learned the basics of movie direction with the help of some online tutorials. The film was made at a budget of 2 Crores and collected more than 13Crores from theatres.
3. Khalid Rahman
Khalid Rahman is one such director, who debuted with a commercially successful movie, Anuraga Karikkin Vellam. The movie starring Biju Menon, Asif Ali, Asha Sarath, and Rajisha Vijayan in lead roles is scripted by Naveen Bhaskar. Khalid Rahman is the son of Khalid, one who plays the character 'Sumesh' in television series Marimayam and brother of famous cinematographer Shyju Khalid.
4. Liju Thomas
Kavi Udheshichath.? Is the first movie directed by Thomas Liju Thomas after the award-winning short film Ramaniyechiyude Namathil. The star cast of Kavi Udheshichath.? Includes Asif Ali, Biju Menon, Narain and Anju Kurian. The Movie is produced by Asif Ali himself under the banner of Adam's World of Imagination.
5. Ganesh Raj
Ganesh Raj debuted with latest sensational hit Aanandam. This campus movie is written and directed by Ganesh Raj, who earlier worked as the assistant of Vineeth Sreenivasan in movies such as Thattathin Marayathu. Aanandam, the movie which marked the debut of a bunch of newcomers, is produced Vineeth Sreenivasan under the banner of Habit of Life.
Along with them directors including Nithin Renji Panicker (Kasaba), Rishi Sivakumar (Valleem Thetti Pulleem Thetti), Vipin Das (Mudhugauv) etc have also shown their potential and we can expect better films from them soon.
For Updates like us
More from blogs
- Madhura Raja vs. Lucifer: Opening day collection comparison
- Highest grossing South Indian movies at UAE - GCC Box Office
- Highest grossing Malayalam movies at Karnataka Box Office
- Odiyan vs. Lucifer: Opening day collection comparison
- Most anticipated Malayalam movies of 2019
- Malayalam Movies 2018: Major disappointments
- Highest grossing Malayalam films at Trivandrum Multiplexes
- Highest grossing Malayalam movies at US Box office 2018
- Year End Review - Best Malayalam Movies of 2018
More from boxoffice
- Mamangam Box Office Collection Report
- Moothon Box Office Collection Report
- Helen Box Office Collection Report
- Jack & Daniel Box Office Collection Report
- Android Kunjappan Version 5.25 Box Office Collection Report
- Adhyarathri Box Office Collection Report
- Bigil Kerala Box Office Collection
- Jallikattu Box Office Collection - Lijo Jose Pellissery
- Manoharam Box Office Collection - Vineeth Sreenivasan
More from News
- Driving Licence clears censor formalities with clean U
- Manju Warrier – Sunny Wayne team’s horror movie starts rolling
- Antony Varghese - Jude Anthany Joseph movie gets a title
- Online rights for Big Brother sold for a massive price
- Biju Menon to team up with Vijay Sethupathi in his next
- Mohanlal - Jeethu Joseph - Trisha movie gets a title?
- Kunchacko Boban – Jis Joy movie gets a lengthy title
- Official: Vineeth Sreenivasan’s next is with Pranav Mohanlal
- Arjun Das replaces Antony Varghese on Thalapathy 64