5 reasons why Odiyan might set a new benchmark in Mollywood
Odiyan, one of the most hyped Malayalam movies of the recent times, is all set to grace the screens on December 14. It has already created several records even before its release. According to the makers, the movie become the first Malayalam movie to have a pre-release business of 100 Crore. Take a look at five reasons why Odiyan might set a new benchmark in Mollywood.
Mohanlal has left no stone unturned for solving the challenges raised by the character Odiyan Manickyan. He has even undergone for a massive physical make over, which is something he had never done before for a movie. It is pretty sure that every movie goers are much excited to watch trimmed version of Mohanlal on screen.
2. Pre-release hype
The pre-release buzz created by this movie is something what many other filmmakers can only dream of. The movie has had record breaking advance booking and will have a record number of early morning fans shows across the state. It will easily shatters all the opening day collection records for sure and will get a good opening for Tamil and Telugu versions, which will be releasing simultaneously. The efforts made by the team to market the movie are truly appreciable.
3. Confidence of the team
One thing that excite us even more is each and every person who are associated with this movie is very much confident about it. Mohanlal said, “We are trying to take Malayalam cinema to another league with this film.” Similarly V A Shrikumar Menon, director of the film, recently said that Malayalam cinema has started to dream big with Odiyan.
There will be a lot of scenes in the movie that required VFX as it tells a period story. National award winning studio Ny Vfxwaala, owned by popular Bollywood actor Ajay Devgn, handled the VFX sequences of the movie under the supervision of Prasad Sutar, one of the well-known visual effects designers in the country. His previous works include Dangal, Bajirao Mastani and Once Upon a Time in Mumbai Dobaara!
5. Mohanlal – Peter Hein Combo
One of the highlights of Pulimurugan, the first Malayalam movie to enter the elite 100 Crore club, was its high-voltage action sequences choreographed by Peter Hein and performed by Mohanlal. When the combo returns, we can expect nothing less than a smashing dhamaka on screen. The action director has already stated that Odiyan is his best work till date and the completeness of his knowledge about action can be seen in it.
For Updates like us
More from blogs
- Highest Grossing Indian Movies at UAE – GCC Box Office
- Madhura Raja vs. Lucifer: Opening day collection comparison
- Highest grossing South Indian movies at UAE - GCC Box Office
- Highest grossing Malayalam movies at Karnataka Box Office
- Odiyan vs. Lucifer: Opening day collection comparison
- Most anticipated Malayalam movies of 2019
- Malayalam Movies 2018: Major disappointments
- Highest grossing Malayalam films at Trivandrum Multiplexes
- Highest grossing Malayalam movies at US Box office 2018
More from boxoffice
- Trance box office collection report
- Anjaam Pathiraa Box office Collection Report
- Varane Avashyamund Box office Collection Report
- Ayyappanum Koshiyum Box office Collection Report
- Shylock box office collection report
- Big brother Box office report
- Prathi Poovankozhi Box Office Collection Report
- Valiyaperunnal Box Office Collection Report
- Driving Licence Box Office Collection Report
More from News
- Urvashi pairs up with Dileep in Kesu Ee Veedinte Nadhan
- Joju to team up with Ahammed Khabeer again after June
- Lal to pen script for Lal Jr’s next movie
- Nikhila Vimal added to the cast of Mammootty’s next
- Anu Sithara to pair up with Jayasurya again in Aposthalan
- Here’s the title of Kunchacko Boban - John Paul movie
- Tovino Thomas’s big budget superhero movie starts rolling
- Mammootty to play a priest in his next movie?
- Popular cinematographer Ramachandra Babu passes away