5 reasons why Odiyan might set a new benchmark in Mollywood
Odiyan, one of the most hyped Malayalam movies of the recent times, is all set to grace the screens on December 14. It has already created several records even before its release. According to the makers, the movie become the first Malayalam movie to have a pre-release business of 100 Crore. Take a look at five reasons why Odiyan might set a new benchmark in Mollywood.
Mohanlal has left no stone unturned for solving the challenges raised by the character Odiyan Manickyan. He has even undergone for a massive physical make over, which is something he had never done before for a movie. It is pretty sure that every movie goers are much excited to watch trimmed version of Mohanlal on screen.
2. Pre-release hype
The pre-release buzz created by this movie is something what many other filmmakers can only dream of. The movie has had record breaking advance booking and will have a record number of early morning fans shows across the state. It will easily shatters all the opening day collection records for sure and will get a good opening for Tamil and Telugu versions, which will be releasing simultaneously. The efforts made by the team to market the movie are truly appreciable.
3. Confidence of the team
One thing that excite us even more is each and every person who are associated with this movie is very much confident about it. Mohanlal said, “We are trying to take Malayalam cinema to another league with this film.” Similarly V A Shrikumar Menon, director of the film, recently said that Malayalam cinema has started to dream big with Odiyan.
There will be a lot of scenes in the movie that required VFX as it tells a period story. National award winning studio Ny Vfxwaala, owned by popular Bollywood actor Ajay Devgn, handled the VFX sequences of the movie under the supervision of Prasad Sutar, one of the well-known visual effects designers in the country. His previous works include Dangal, Bajirao Mastani and Once Upon a Time in Mumbai Dobaara!
5. Mohanlal – Peter Hein Combo
One of the highlights of Pulimurugan, the first Malayalam movie to enter the elite 100 Crore club, was its high-voltage action sequences choreographed by Peter Hein and performed by Mohanlal. When the combo returns, we can expect nothing less than a smashing dhamaka on screen. The action director has already stated that Odiyan is his best work till date and the completeness of his knowledge about action can be seen in it.
For Updates like us
More from blogs
- Malayalam Movies 2018: Major disappointments
- Highest grossing Malayalam films at Trivandrum Multiplexes
- Highest grossing Malayalam movies at US Box office 2018
- Year End Review - Best Malayalam Movies of 2018
- Actors with most 30 Crore movies at Kerala Box Office
- Christmas Movies 2018: Who is the real winner?
- Top 7 Malayalam movies with highest fans show count
- Malayalam Onam movies 2018 - Here’s what to expect
- Highest grossing Malayalam movies 2018 - UAE - GCC
More from boxoffice
- Kodathi Samaksham Balan Vakeel Box Office Collection
- Oru Adaar Love Box Office Collection
- Lonappante Mammodisa Box Office Collection
- 9 Box Office Collection
- Kumbalangi Nights Box Office Collection
- Allu Ramendran Box Office Collection
- Peranbu Box Office Collection
- Irupathiyonnaam Noottaandu Box Office Collection
- Neeyum Njanum Box Office
More from News
- Lucifer to be released in over 1500 theatres worldwide
- Fahadh Faasil plays a pastor in Anwar Rasheed’s Trance
- Bhadran is all set to make a comeback with a Soubin starrer
- Rajisha Vijayan to pair up with Niranj for a sports drama
- Dileep – Anu Sithara team’s ShubhaRathri goes on floors
- Anwar Rasheed turns producer again with Valiya Perunnal
- Kannan Thamarakkulam to team up with Jayaram again
- Prithviraj – Shajon team’s Brother’s Day goes on floors
- Tovino Thomas to direct Sreenivasan in his next movie!