5 Malayalam actors who started well but soon faded
Getting a chance to act in a movie is, obviously, a big achievement. But, there are so many talented actors who started off well but just lost their way in a very short of time. Here is the list of Malayalam actors who started well but soon faded.
Even though Kailash aka Siby Varghese has started his career as a junior artist with the Jayaram starrer Parthan Kanda Paralokam, he got the big break in the very next year. He was casted as the lead protagonist in the Lal Jose movie Neelathamara. It was a box-office hit and the song "Anuraga Vilochananayi" from the movie was a chartbuster. However, he is still called as Neelathamara actor.
2. Vinu Mohan
Vinu Mohan was introduced by A. K. Lohithadas, a director who is known for introducing some well-known actors to the Malayalam film industry including Lakshmi Gopalaswamy and Meera Jasmine. After the debut movie, Nivedyam, which was a box-office success, most of his outings were box-office failures. Recently, he made a decent comeback with the movie Pulimurugan.
3. Bhagath Manuel
He made his debut with the superhit movie Malarvaadi Arts Club, the movie gave wings to the movie dreams of a bunch of youngsters. Even though, other actors from the movie including Nivin Pauly and Aju Varghese could carve their own niches in Mollywood, Bhagath couldn't make it out. He is still struggling to find his own space in Mollywood as an actor.
4. Shankar Panicker
Shankar Panicker is an actor that has been around the Malayalam film industry for around four decades now. He was often called as the superstar in 1980’s, but, unfortunately, he has not done anything notable after 1900’s and is pretty much a forgotten name these days. Later, in the 2010s he has directed movies like Keralotsavam 2009 and Sand City and those were quite forgettable.
Manikuttan aka Thomas James has started his film career as an actor with the 2005 movie Boyy Friennd directed by Vinayan. It was a box-office success. But, his later works were not as appreciated and he failed miserably to create a mark at the box-office. The only movie he has acted in 2017 was 1971: Beyond Borders directed by Major Ravi.
Hope they all will come back to the industry even stronger.
For Updates like us
More from blogs
- Malayalam films with top opening weekend gross in Tamil Nadu
- Highest grossing Malayalam movies at UAE box office - 2018
- Movies with highest opening at Kerala Box Office 2018
- Top 10 most viewed Malayalam teasers/trailers on Facebook
- 5 reasons to watch Aadhi
- Most awaited Malayalam movies of 2018
- Highest Paid Mollywood Actress 2017 - 18, Salary of Malayalam actresses
- Highest Paid Mollywood Actor 2017 - 18, Salary of Malayalam actors
- Highest grossing Malayalam movies at Kerala Box-office 2017
More from boxoffice
- B Tech Box Office Collection
- Ente Peru Surya Ente Veedu India Kerala Box Office Collection
- Avengers: Infinity War Kerala Box Office Collection
- Ee.Ma.Yau Box Office Collection
- Aravindante Athidhikal Box Office Collection
- Thobama Box Office Collection
- Uncle Box Office Collection
- Suvarna Purushan Box Office Collection
- Panchavarna Thatha Box Office Collection
More from News
- Sudani fame Samuel’s next in Malayalam is a campus movie
- Malayalam Actor Vijayan Peringode dies of a heart attack
- Ranjith’s next with Mohanlal will be a comedy movie
- Vinayan to make a movie on rebellious woman Nangeli
- Female lead for Prithviraj Sukumaran’s next revealed
- Release date for Abrahaminte Santhathikal announced
- Peranbu selected to Shanghai International Film Festival
- Mammootty to play a police officer again in his next?
- Nayanthara to play a Brahmin girl in Love Action Drama