5 Malayalam actors who started well but soon faded
Getting a chance to act in a movie is, obviously, a big achievement. But, there are so many talented actors who started off well but just lost their way in a very short of time. Here is the list of Malayalam actors who started well but soon faded.
Even though Kailash aka Siby Varghese has started his career as a junior artist with the Jayaram starrer Parthan Kanda Paralokam, he got the big break in the very next year. He was casted as the lead protagonist in the Lal Jose movie Neelathamara. It was a box-office hit and the song "Anuraga Vilochananayi" from the movie was a chartbuster. However, he is still called as Neelathamara actor.
2. Vinu Mohan
Vinu Mohan was introduced by A. K. Lohithadas, a director who is known for introducing some well-known actors to the Malayalam film industry including Lakshmi Gopalaswamy and Meera Jasmine. After the debut movie, Nivedyam, which was a box-office success, most of his outings were box-office failures. Recently, he made a decent comeback with the movie Pulimurugan.
3. Bhagath Manuel
He made his debut with the superhit movie Malarvaadi Arts Club, the movie gave wings to the movie dreams of a bunch of youngsters. Even though, other actors from the movie including Nivin Pauly and Aju Varghese could carve their own niches in Mollywood, Bhagath couldn't make it out. He is still struggling to find his own space in Mollywood as an actor.
4. Shankar Panicker
Shankar Panicker is an actor that has been around the Malayalam film industry for around four decades now. He was often called as the superstar in 1980’s, but, unfortunately, he has not done anything notable after 1900’s and is pretty much a forgotten name these days. Later, in the 2010s he has directed movies like Keralotsavam 2009 and Sand City and those were quite forgettable.
Manikuttan aka Thomas James has started his film career as an actor with the 2005 movie Boyy Friennd directed by Vinayan. It was a box-office success. But, his later works were not as appreciated and he failed miserably to create a mark at the box-office. The only movie he has acted in 2017 was 1971: Beyond Borders directed by Major Ravi.
Hope they all will come back to the industry even stronger.
For Updates like us
More from blogs
- Highest Grossing Indian Movies at UAE – GCC Box Office
- Madhura Raja vs. Lucifer: Opening day collection comparison
- Highest grossing South Indian movies at UAE - GCC Box Office
- Highest grossing Malayalam movies at Karnataka Box Office
- Odiyan vs. Lucifer: Opening day collection comparison
- Most anticipated Malayalam movies of 2019
- Malayalam Movies 2018: Major disappointments
- Highest grossing Malayalam films at Trivandrum Multiplexes
- Highest grossing Malayalam movies at US Box office 2018
More from boxoffice
- Trance box office collection report
- Anjaam Pathiraa Box office Collection Report
- Varane Avashyamund Box office Collection Report
- Ayyappanum Koshiyum Box office Collection Report
- Shylock box office collection report
- Big brother Box office report
- Prathi Poovankozhi Box Office Collection Report
- Valiyaperunnal Box Office Collection Report
- Driving Licence Box Office Collection Report
More from News
- Urvashi pairs up with Dileep in Kesu Ee Veedinte Nadhan
- Joju to team up with Ahammed Khabeer again after June
- Lal to pen script for Lal Jr’s next movie
- Nikhila Vimal added to the cast of Mammootty’s next
- Anu Sithara to pair up with Jayasurya again in Aposthalan
- Here’s the title of Kunchacko Boban - John Paul movie
- Tovino Thomas’s big budget superhero movie starts rolling
- Mammootty to play a priest in his next movie?
- Popular cinematographer Ramachandra Babu passes away