5 Malayalam actors who started well but soon faded
Getting a chance to act in a movie is, obviously, a big achievement. But, there are so many talented actors who started off well but just lost their way in a very short of time. Here is the list of Malayalam actors who started well but soon faded.
Even though Kailash aka Siby Varghese has started his career as a junior artist with the Jayaram starrer Parthan Kanda Paralokam, he got the big break in the very next year. He was casted as the lead protagonist in the Lal Jose movie Neelathamara. It was a box-office hit and the song "Anuraga Vilochananayi" from the movie was a chartbuster. However, he is still called as Neelathamara actor.
2. Vinu Mohan
Vinu Mohan was introduced by A. K. Lohithadas, a director who is known for introducing some well-known actors to the Malayalam film industry including Lakshmi Gopalaswamy and Meera Jasmine. After the debut movie, Nivedyam, which was a box-office success, most of his outings were box-office failures. Recently, he made a decent comeback with the movie Pulimurugan.
3. Bhagath Manuel
He made his debut with the superhit movie Malarvaadi Arts Club, the movie gave wings to the movie dreams of a bunch of youngsters. Even though, other actors from the movie including Nivin Pauly and Aju Varghese could carve their own niches in Mollywood, Bhagath couldn't make it out. He is still struggling to find his own space in Mollywood as an actor.
4. Shankar Panicker
Shankar Panicker is an actor that has been around the Malayalam film industry for around four decades now. He was often called as the superstar in 1980’s, but, unfortunately, he has not done anything notable after 1900’s and is pretty much a forgotten name these days. Later, in the 2010s he has directed movies like Keralotsavam 2009 and Sand City and those were quite forgettable.
Manikuttan aka Thomas James has started his film career as an actor with the 2005 movie Boyy Friennd directed by Vinayan. It was a box-office success. But, his later works were not as appreciated and he failed miserably to create a mark at the box-office. The only movie he has acted in 2017 was 1971: Beyond Borders directed by Major Ravi.
Hope they all will come back to the industry even stronger.
You may like
For Updates like us
More from blogs
- Highest grossing Malayalam movies at the USA box-office 2017
- Highest grossers of Tamil superstars at Kerala box-office
- Top 10 longest running Malayalam movies of 2017
- Highest grossing Malayalam movies at Aries Plex Trivandrum
- 6 most anticipated upcoming Malayalam sequel movies
- Malayalam actors who secured state award for their debut movie
- 5 Brilliant performances by so-called mediocre Malayalam actors
- 5 reasons to watch Mohanlal's Villain
- You may not know these Mollywood celebrities are relatives
More from boxoffice
- Goodalochana box office collection report
- Aakashamittayee box office collection report
- Villain Box office collection report
- Kaattu box office collection report
- Mersal Kerala Box office Collection Report
- LavaKusha box office collection report
- Solo box office collection report
- Sherlock Toms box office collection report
- Tharangam box office collection report
More from News
- Masterpiece fame Ajai Vasudev to team up with Dileep
- I’m not directing Kumbalangi Nights, says Dileesh Pothan
- Kalpana's daughter Sreesankhya to make her acting debut
- Amala’s reaction to the Kayamkulam Kochunni cast change
- This actress replaced Amala Paul in Kayamkulam Kochunni
- Siddharth completes his portions for Kammara Sambhavam
- Anoop Menon, Unni Mukundan team’s next gets a title
- Ineya has been roped in to play Mammootty’s wife in Parole
- Nimisha Sajayan pairs up with Tovino for Madhupal’s next