5 Malayalam actors who started well but soon faded
Getting a chance to act in a movie is, obviously, a big achievement. But, there are so many talented actors who started off well but just lost their way in a very short of time. Here is the list of Malayalam actors who started well but soon faded.
Even though Kailash aka Siby Varghese has started his career as a junior artist with the Jayaram starrer Parthan Kanda Paralokam, he got the big break in the very next year. He was casted as the lead protagonist in the Lal Jose movie Neelathamara. It was a box-office hit and the song "Anuraga Vilochananayi" from the movie was a chartbuster. However, he is still called as Neelathamara actor.
2. Vinu Mohan
Vinu Mohan was introduced by A. K. Lohithadas, a director who is known for introducing some well-known actors to the Malayalam film industry including Lakshmi Gopalaswamy and Meera Jasmine. After the debut movie, Nivedyam, which was a box-office success, most of his outings were box-office failures. Recently, he made a decent comeback with the movie Pulimurugan.
3. Bhagath Manuel
He made his debut with the superhit movie Malarvaadi Arts Club, the movie gave wings to the movie dreams of a bunch of youngsters. Even though, other actors from the movie including Nivin Pauly and Aju Varghese could carve their own niches in Mollywood, Bhagath couldn't make it out. He is still struggling to find his own space in Mollywood as an actor.
4. Shankar Panicker
Shankar Panicker is an actor that has been around the Malayalam film industry for around four decades now. He was often called as the superstar in 1980’s, but, unfortunately, he has not done anything notable after 1900’s and is pretty much a forgotten name these days. Later, in the 2010s he has directed movies like Keralotsavam 2009 and Sand City and those were quite forgettable.
Manikuttan aka Thomas James has started his film career as an actor with the 2005 movie Boyy Friennd directed by Vinayan. It was a box-office success. But, his later works were not as appreciated and he failed miserably to create a mark at the box-office. The only movie he has acted in 2017 was 1971: Beyond Borders directed by Major Ravi.
Hope they all will come back to the industry even stronger.
For Updates like us
More from blogs
- Highest grossing Malayalam movies 2018 - UAE - GCC
- 10 Popular Malayalam movies that changed its title
- Best Malayalam movies of 2018: Half yearly report card
- Highest grossing Malayalam movies at Kochi Multiplex - 2018
- Highest grossing Malayalam movies at Calicut box office 2018
- 7 Tamil movies with biggest opening at Kochi multiplexes
- Top 7 upcoming big-budget Malayalam movies 2018 – 2019
- Highest grossing Malayalam movies at Kerala box office 2018
- Malayalam films with top opening weekend gross in Tamil Nadu
More from boxoffice
- Sarkar Box Office Collection
- Drama Box Office Collection
- Kayamkulam Kochunni Box Office Collection
- Mandharam Box Office Collection
- Chalakkudikkaran Changathi Box Office Collection
- Mangalyam Thanthunanena Box Office Collection
- Saamy2 Kerala Box Office Collection Report
- Varathan Box Office Collection
- Padayottam Box Office Collection
More from News
- Prithviraj Sukumaran’s next movie is titled as Ayyappan
- Wow!! Mohanlal is going to try this again after a hiatus
- Suraj Venjaramoodu to share screen space with Sunny Leone
- Nikki Galrani to play a tribal girl in Indrajith’s next
- Dileep – Shafi team’s 2 Countries to have a sequel soon
- Bobby – Sanjay team’s Parvathy movie Uyare starts rolling
- Dileep’s next movie to have a Hollywood villain
- Asif Ali to be a part of Megastar Mammootty’s Unda
- Theevandi fame Samyuktha Menon to pair up with Asif Ali