13 Malayalam actresses who have disappeared
Here we list some of the top actresses who ruled Malayalam Industry at their peak time and disappeared from Silver screen due to various reasons.
Suchitra is a trained classical dancer who entered movie as child artist in the year 1990. She acted in many Malayalam movies and a small amount of Tamil movies. She is married to Murali in 1999 and later on quitted from movies. She now settled in US with her husband and daughter.
Sunitha came to film industry through Tamil movie Kodai Mazhai in the year 1986. She is a trained classical dancer and performed many stage shows. She last appeared in a Hindi movie Dum in the year 2003. She is no more active in film industry. The actress is married to Raj and be located in North Carolina.
Check out:15 Mohanlal unseen rare pictures
Manya who hails from Andhra Pradesh started her acting career in Telugu film industry. She was renowned for her lead role in ‘Joker’, Malayalam movie. She packed up her acting in the year 2007, after her marriage with Satya Patel.
Kanaka entered to movie industry through a super hit movie ‘Karakattakaran’ released in the year 1989. She then acted in numerous hit films in Malayalam, Tamil and Telugu. She stopped acting in movies in the year 2002. In 2013, it was rumoured that she was died and later she revealed her father is the culprit of this false news.
Saleema is the daughter of well-known Telugu actress Girija. Saleema is also a dancer and her role in her debut ‘Nakhakshathangal’ and ‘Aranyakam’ was appreciated. She lastly did ‘Mahayanam’ in the year 1989. Her co actor Vineeth once confirmed that she had paid a visit to him during the shooting of Kadal Desam and no news after it.
6. Girija Shettar
Check out: Lesser Known facts about Megastar Mammootty
Girija was not only an actress but also a journalist, philosopher and dancer. She acted in very few movies, but her role in ‘Vandanam’, Malayalam movie starring Mohanlal, was renowned. Her debut ‘Geethanjali’, a Maniratnam movie, was also a super hit.Currently she is working as a journalist, IHS Maritime in United Kingdom
Maathu came into film industry as a child artist in a Kannada movie. She then grew up and acted in several movies and was prominent in 80’s and 90’s. She later was married to Dr.Jacob and was not active in movies. The couple separated after 13 years of marriage life.
Madhavi started her acting career through a Telugu movie which became a super hit. She then acted in almost 300 movies. She was then married to Ralph Sharma and quit acting in the year 1996 and settled in New Jersey.
9. Unni Mary
Check out: Lesser Known facts about Superstar Mohanlal
Unni Mary first appeared in movie as a child artist in the film Navavadhu, in the year 1969. She later acted in several Malayalam, Tamil and Telugu movies. She was married to Rejoy in the year 1982 and left film industry. They have a son who is also married. She is now an evangelist and never planning to come back to movies
Karthika came into film industry as a junior artist. She was noted by the director and was introduced as heroine in his next project. She worked in over 20 films but had to leave film industry at her peak time after her marriage, in the year 1989.
11. Lalitha Sree
Lalitha Sree was known for her plump look. The expert actress did many notable characters from 1974. She is married to Vijayasaradhi and adopted a child. They are settled in Chennai currently. Her last movie ‘Balram vs Tharadas’ was released in the year 2006.
12. Priya Raman
Priya Raman, the actress with beautiful eyes, first acted in a Tamil movie produced by Rajnikanth in the year 1993. Her debut in Malayalam was Arthana, an I V Sasi movie. She quit movie in the year 1999. The actress also acted in many serials and produced a film.She was married to actor Ranjith and have two sons. The couple separated and Priya is living with her sons.
Swapna had an active career during the 80’s and 90’s. She acted in Telugu, Tamil, Malayalam and Hindi movies. She later married Raman Khanna in 90’s and then was not active in film industry. She now is involved in her husband’s event management company. She is now the owner of The Brook at Khanna’s farm at Karjat, India. She currently lives in Mumbai, Maharashtra, India.
For Updates like us
More from blogs
- Madhura Raja vs. Lucifer: Opening day collection comparison
- Highest grossing South Indian movies at UAE - GCC Box Office
- Highest grossing Malayalam movies at Karnataka Box Office
- Odiyan vs. Lucifer: Opening day collection comparison
- Most anticipated Malayalam movies of 2019
- Malayalam Movies 2018: Major disappointments
- Highest grossing Malayalam films at Trivandrum Multiplexes
- Highest grossing Malayalam movies at US Box office 2018
- Year End Review - Best Malayalam Movies of 2018
More from boxoffice
- Big brother Box office report
- Prathi Poovankozhi Box Office Collection Report
- Valiyaperunnal Box Office Collection Report
- Driving Licence Box Office Collection Report
- Mamangam Kerala Box Office Collection - Area wise breakup
- Mamangam Box Office World wide Collection Report
- Moothon Box Office Collection Report
- Helen Box Office Collection Report
- Jack & Daniel Box Office Collection Report
More from News
- Urvashi pairs up with Dileep in Kesu Ee Veedinte Nadhan
- Joju to team up with Ahammed Khabeer again after June
- Lal to pen script for Lal Jr’s next movie
- Nikhila Vimal added to the cast of Mammootty’s next
- Anu Sithara to pair up with Jayasurya again in Aposthalan
- Here’s the title of Kunchacko Boban - John Paul movie
- Tovino Thomas’s big budget superhero movie starts rolling
- Mammootty to play a priest in his next movie?
- Popular cinematographer Ramachandra Babu passes away